What ride do others love that you just don’t ‘get’?

I have to go with Spaceship Earth. I might reconsider it if they update the last scene but it is just such an anticlimactic ending since earth has changed so much in the last 40 years.

The ending/decent is the only thing I dislike about Spaceship Earth.

I have to throw this out there. I went for the first time in about 10 years with an actual toddler (my granddaughter) and many of these rides that are talked about take on a whole new love when riding them with her. The speedway, which we had not done in a few trips, was her favorite ride and she begged to ride it over and over and watching her laugh every time the car hit the rail made the ride very enjoyable for me. Same with Small World, which I enjoy. Seeing the wonder and joy on her face made the ride more enjoyable.

However, we did not introduce her to the Tiki Room. One and never again for that one.

Jungle Cruise? Disney Treason! I will fight each and every one of you at recess.

More seriously, on my list is Test Track. I know it's an Epcot favorite of many, but to me it feels so corporate and sterile. It might have been cool if the customization portion of the queue changed the ride itself in any meaningful way. For me, Test Track's successor at Disney California Adventure, Radiator Springs Racers puts that ride system into a warm, beautiful storyline with heart.

Oh no! No one likes my tiki birds :(. Anywho I don't get any enjoyment out of peterpan, to me it's just a boring ride. 7DMT is sort of on this list for me to, it's a good ride but I remember finally getting to ride it for the first time and it felt like such a quick ride I was like "that was it?" I don't get why it is always such a long wait!
I LOVE the Tiki Room.

All the birds sing words and the flowers croon....

Seriously, I walk around singing it all the time.

Definitely Soarin. We had to wait forever and it gave my son and me headaches for the rest of the day. The kid rides everything, this is the only ride that has ever made him green:crazy2:

I completely “get” the excitement about Star Wars land, but I’m just not overly thrilled about it. Of course, I’m probably going to be blown away once I experience it, but, for me, the draw to go to Disney World will always be the classics.

Tiki Room
Carousel of Progress - But I saw it first at the NY World's Fair!
Small World - But I saw it first at the NY World's Fair!
Country Bears
Shooting Range
Train in MK

Call me nostalgic. I "bargain" for at least one of these per trip.

Tiki Room
Carousel of Progress - But I saw it first at the NY World's Fair!
Small World - But I saw it first at the NY World's Fair!
Country Bears
Shooting Range
Train in MK

Call me nostalgic. I "bargain" for at least one of these per trip.
I love Carousel of Progress. I bet it was impressive at the Worlds Fair!

I love Carousel of Progress. I bet it was impressive at the Worlds Fair!
I was 5 years old. EVERYTHING was impressive. But....It must have been very special because I have very vivid memories of seeing it. And Small World was phenomenal! Even now, when I see it, I get a little teary. I think it hits an emotional place for me. No one had ever seen anything like that back then. Of course, I didn't know that....I just thought it was tremendous.

I don’t get thrill rides. Why does anyone in their right mind want to be subjected to rides that drop or throw or toss or twirl until you’re ill or in pain or have your heart beating out of your chest? I go to the parks to be entertained, not tortured to within an inch of my life. I have never liked thrill rides, even as a kid or teen. Just not my cup of tea.

I really like HM too but I feel like the last couple times it has always stopped while we were on it and taken forever to start up again. I almost have to force dh on it because he doesn’t like it. I still always do it at least once

I think a big part of this is due to people with mobility issues boarding. The days it stops a lot for me I notice a lot of wheelchairs and ECVs at the entrance and exit. I actually like it when it stops because it’s sometimes difficult in the dark to see all the details. My last ride in January it stopped in literally every room for about 30 seconds, so it almost felt like it was part of the show. Love the mansion! :cloud9:

I don’t get thrill rides. Why does anyone in their right mind want to be subjected to rides that drop or throw or toss or twirl until you’re ill or in pain or have your heart beating out of your chest? I go to the parks to be entertained, not tortured to within an inch of my life. I have never liked thrill rides, even as a kid or teen. Just not my cup of tea.
This. I would love this if there was s button.

Definitely the Navi River Journey. At the end I was like, "really? people wait in line for hours for that?" In fact the entire Pandora land was super under-whelming for me, we probably won't visit AK next time we go. We enjoyed the shows more than anything at AK but not enough to pay over $400 USD to see them again, lol.

Another one would be Peter Pan's Flight. Everything else I loved :)

Fantasmic! and Illuminations. I've watched Fantasmic! twice and I still don't get it. The first time I thought it was just because it was cold out and we sat too close so we got misted by the water spray. So we tried it the following year. We had good seats, which means we got there super early, and the pre-show entertainment wasn't great. The entire show just did nothing for me. And Illuminations, I love the music, it's one of my favorite things to listen to, but the show itself is so outdated and boring. I'm really hoping they both get updated soon, but I'm afraid that's wishful thinking.

There's not really anything at Disney that I personally would consider a thrill ride. But for me it's all about the adrenaline. The bigger, faster, loopier, the better! Then again, I'm never ill or in pain from any of them.

I’m relatively new to The Dis and listening to the shows getting to know the team and I was surprised how much people liked Peter Pan.

I personally think it’s pretty poor and felt I was just looking at some small models in the dark. Nevermind that though.

It got me thinking; What rides do others find people love but you just don’t ‘get it’ yourself?

I totally agree, we went on it when we did our daughter's Wish trip back in 2012 before the new Interactive Queue, my kids didn't like it, we didn't really either and didn't even attempt it this time.

I also hated Star Tours, but I get motion sick, and it was really rough for that. Just like over at Universal, my kids adored the Simpsons ride, but I thought it was awful. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter