What ride do others love that you just don’t ‘get’?

Illuminations - We loved the old show where the nations lit up and there were lasers in the sky, but the giant ball thing makes no sense at all and we usually skip the show altogether.

Peter Pan - I agree that it's lame but when my DD was little she truly believed we were flying, so there's that.

Haunted Mansion- I don't get the love for this ride, but then again, that makes me one less person in front of you in line.

I'm the only in my family that likes HM. I don't think I've been on it in the last 5 trips.

*Stitch
*It's a Small World - We ride it once every couple of years. We just can't handle doing it any more often than that.
*Frozen Ever After - For us, the ride is okay, but we aren't going to wait any longer than 20 minutes for it. Just not worth the wait for us.
*Kali River Rabids.

Last edited:

Buzz Lightyear!! How in the world are you supposed to know if you've hit something or not? Frustrating and just not fun,but my son loves it so I'm stuck riding it. Good times.
Toy Story Midway Mania is a close second. At least I know what is happening on that ride, so it is enjoyable. But I don't get how it routinely has such long waits. If we don't have a FP for it, we don't do it.

Buzz Lightyear!! How in the world are you supposed to know if you've hit something or not? Frustrating and just not fun,but my son loves it so I'm stuck riding it. Good times.
Toy Story Midway Mania is a close second. At least I know what is happening on that ride, so it is enjoyable. But I don't get how it routinely has such long waits. If we don't have a FP for it, we don't do it.
I am right there with you re: Buzz Lightyear. I don't care for it.

Illuminations - We loved the old show where the nations lit up and there were lasers in the sky, but the giant ball thing makes no sense at all and we usually skip the show altogether.

Peter Pan - I agree that it's lame but when my DD was little she truly believed we were flying, so there's that.

Haunted Mansion- I don't get the love for this ride, but then again, that makes me one less person in front of you in line.
I could literally watch Illuminations every single night for the rest of my life and be quite happy about doing so.

As for me, Kali River Rapids, I don't like water rides at all, and the whole Hester and Chester Dinosaur area. I like Dinosaur the ride and the digsite fits in, but that whole carnival show area just screams "Not Disney!" at me.

Last edited:
Space Mountain. My dislike of it was exacerbated by a 30 minute wait with FastPass, stuffy air inside the queue, and sloooow people blocking the whole moving sidewalk at the exit (I was trying to get to 7DMT before the parade, people!). The jerky-but-also-slow movement of the ride itself was not fun to me at all. I much preferred the "star room" in the back half of Spaceship Earth to get my "space" fix and that ride had great AC, no line, and the dulcet tones of Judi Dench. I felt *really* bad for all the people in the 200-minute standby line for Space.

Last edited:
It's a Small World. I've never ridden it and never will. It's like two of my greatest nightmares merged and formed a ride baby with an annoying song that will get stuck in your head for eternity while creepy dolls stare down at you and revel in your torment.

IASW and Festival of Lion King. FOTLK I don’t know if I was over hyped for it but for us we left underwhelmed. It was also approx 200 degrees with 500 percent humidity that day and we were all miserable to be fair. Will give it another shot this trip.

Jungle cruise and Space Mountain.

And to a lesser extent 7DMT. I enjoy that one a lot, but no more so than Thunder or Splash and it’s so much more hyped becauses it’s “new.” I would have thought that would have worn off by now.

I don’t know if these count because they are gone and not rides, but:
Wishes
Main Street Electrical Parade

Also, Hollywood Studios in its entirety...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter