What was the first music you ever bought

Green Day: Dookie (1994) on cassette.

We were so cool back then walking around with a giant brick and headphones that would be put to shame even by today’s airplane headphones.

Mine was also a 45... I think it was Gene Pitney. The local record shop gave you a card and punched it every time you bought a record. When you bought 10, you got 1 free :love:

Selena’s first English album.

I remember kids cutting school to get the first Wu Tang album. I was in 7th grade at the time. The line at Sam Goody was crazy.

The CD I ever bought was Achtung Baby! by U2. The first music I ever bought with my own money I can't remember. Probably a Michael Jackson vinyl. Or maybe a U2, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Phil Collins, or Guns and Roses tape.

In my entire lifetime I have purchased three albums and one CD. The albums were Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles; Pearl - Janis Joplin; and, Perfect Angel - Minnie Riperton. The one CD was Illuminations Reflections of Earth/Tapestry of Nations purchased in Epcot during the Millennium Celebration.

I didn't know they could write enough for a book but can believe it, the Girls Girls Girls album was sooo icky sleazy I just flat out stopped listening to them.
That’s when I quit listening to them too. Save yourself the trauma and do NOT read that biography.

On 45, my first music of my own was J Geil's Band, Centerfold and I think the other 45 was Rage in the Cage. I don't remember the B side of either. Also Juke Box Hero, 1981.

Next was my first albums (vinyl) was Def Leppard Pyromania and Quiet Riot Metal Health. Also Journey Frontiers, which all were released in 1983.

Van Halen 1984 I had on cassette. When Dave broke off and Sammy joined and 5150 came, that was it. That was our album summer after summer from then on out until I discovered a certain, um, activity and Pink Floyd. To this day I still listen to Pink Floyd at least once every other day and David Gilmour is the only thing I play on the guitar.

When I first had my own allowance I bought a 45 of The Jackson's Dance Shout (Shake Your Body Down to the Ground).
Before that, we were given music by our parents on Christmas usually. I'd ask for an album or two. I remember being given Paradise Theater by Styx, and Queen's Greatest Hits. My first real job was at a Strawberries, a record store chain, and we'd get free cassettes from the record labels in hopes we'd play them over the sound system. Once they were done on rotation, whoever was working the day we switched out the music got to take some of them home. That's how I got into The Cure and U2 and alternative music.

The first music I remember being given to me was a cassette of MJ - Thriller.

The first music I bought with my own money was Pearl Jam - Ten. That album brings back so many memories.

My musical tastes run such a gamut now...I mean in my personal Spotify playlist you could go from Drake to Otis Redding to Tool to Johnny Cash, and that would just be the first 4 tracks....

Single - Blue on Blue - Bobby Vinton
Album - Peter, Paul and Mary - "Movin"
My parent bought me the single of the Beatles "She Loves You" while on a trip to Chicago. This was shortly after the Beatles appeared for the first time on Ed Sullivan.

The first album I bought was St. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band by the Beatles. I bought it for my Mothers birthday. She knew that I bought it for myself but since she didn't care for the Beatles I figured she would give it to me. That was during my "think of nobody but me" era. It's good for a laugh now, but man that had to be a low point in my concern for others resume.

1990 I was 13...I bought 2 singles on cassettes, Bette Midler From A Distance and Wilson Phillips Release Me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter