What's Cooking - The Recipe Exchange

Are you suggesting that they just open the box and stab the full wine bag with a straw like it's a large CapriSun?

:lmao:

I love Capri Sun, especially the Red Berry flavor.... Can't stand wine... hate the stuff... Nelson loves it! He, however, does not drink it out of a bag... :laughing:

Jenn, Honey, have you ever opend the box and looked inside? :confused3

:rotfl2:

:lmao:

:laughing: Very funny! :goodvibes

I have never been around a box of wine, so I have not been able to open one... ;)

I really cannot stand the taste and Nelson likes Portuguese wines (surprise!) and as far as I know they have not got around to boxing them up... now using mason jars and any glass container they can get their hands on when making this crap in there basement is another thing....

This is a great summer-time cake but my family likes it year round.

Eclair Cake

GRAHAM CRACKERS
3C MILK
1 8 oz CONTAINER COOL-WHIP
2 SMALL PKS INSTANT FRENCH VANILLA PUDDING

Butter a 9x13 dish and line with whole graham crackers.

Mix pudding,milk and cool whip in a mixing bowl. Pour half of mixture over graham crackers in dish. Then layer crackers again. layer rest of pudding over crackers. Then top off with more graham crackers. Then cover with Icing

ICING

1 C. SUGAR
1/8 TSP. SALT
1/3 C. HERSHEY'S COCOA
1/4 CUP MILK

Combine in med saucepan bring to boil and boil 1 min. Remove from heat and add 1/4c butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla. cool and beat until smooth and thick enough to spread on top. Refrigerate one hour before serving.

This is a great summer-time cake but my family likes it year round.

Eclair Cake

GRAHAM CRACKERS
3C MILK
1 8 oz CONTAINER COOL-WHIP
2 SMALL PKS INSTANT FRENCH VANILLA PUDDING

Butter a 9x13 dish and line with whole graham crackers.

Mix pudding,milk and cool whip in a mixing bowl. Pour half of mixture over graham crackers in dish. Then layer crackers again. layer rest of pudding over crackers. Then top off with more graham crackers. Then cover with Icing

ICING

1 C. SUGAR
1/8 TSP. SALT
1/3 C. HERSHEY'S COCOA
1/4 CUP MILK

Combine in med saucepan bring to boil and boil 1 min. Remove from heat and add 1/4c butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla. cool and beat until smooth and thick enough to spread on top. Refrigerate one hour before serving.

Oooh! Sounds yummy! :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing!

:scratchin I think I've got some vanilla pudding mix, too . . .

Oooh! Sounds yummy! :thumbsup2

Sounds very yummy! I am looking for a dessert to make for my nieces upcoming baptism... that might be it!

Unless, someone (anyone) has some other ideas... Cause God knows Sabrina is going to call me at the last minute and say "Can you make two, three, <insert number here> desserts?" :goodvibes

Sounds very yummy! I am looking for a dessert to make for my nieces upcoming baptism... that might be it!

Unless, someone (anyone) has some other ideas... Cause God knows Sabrina is going to call me at the last minute and say "Can you make two, three, <insert number here> desserts?" :goodvibes

Read this entire thread. The banana cake recipe is fantastic (and my favorite family recip of all time) and the tiramisu dip that Stacy posted it TO. DIE. FOR! So good! We made it for one of pre-wedding events with the extended family and it was a huge hit.

We got our cruise documents in the mail yesterday for our December 4-nighter on the Disney Wonder. So in honor of that and all the talk about Wally, Paul, Jamie and Ben cruising together in February, here's the recipe for the signature drink of Castaway Cay. The Conch Cooler:

(from allearsnet.com)
3 oz. Light Rum (Suggestion - Malibu or Parrot Bay)
3 oz. Dark Rum (Suggestion - Cruzan Black Strap)
4 oz. Orange Juice
8 oz. Cream of Coconut (Suggestion - Coco Casa)
6 oz. Passion Fruit Juice Concentrate (Suggestion - Welches)
3 oz. Ice

Mix in blender until slushy.

Makes enough to fill a Disney Cruise Line drink glass... and then some!

I'll have to check the "Cooking With Mickey" cookbook when we get home, because I could swear that when we made these for our Halloween Party we used light and dark rum, orange juice, pina colada mix, and passion fruit juice and then added our own pineapple juice and coconut cream as well. Of course we were making a two gallon batch to put into a punch bowl, so I might have just been improvising around the established guidelines. :rotfl2:

There is a reason that I don't typically bake and it is because I cannot, will not, follow directions... <go ahead, I will wait while you pretend to be surprised>...

However, since there is very little baking in this fun summer dessert, I make it often and enjoy it very much:

Fruit Pizza

Ingredients:

1 roll of sugar cookie dough
1 brick of softened cream cheese
1/2 to 1/3 cup cup sugar
Whatever fruits your little heart desires....

Directions:

Roll out cookie dough on a pizza pan (since I am a Pampered Chef Princess, I use my PC Stoneware Pizza Pan)
I try to make it a circle, but it doesn't always work... eh, tastes the same... ;)
Bake as directed, remove from oven and set aside to cool.

Once crust is cool, mix cream cheese and sugar (you may want to adjust the amount of sugar to your taste)

Spread on cool cookie crust and cover with sliced fruits of your choice.

Enjoy! :thumbsup2

There is a reason that I don't typically bake and it is because I cannot, will not, follow directions... <go ahead, I will wait while you pretend to be surprised>...

However, since there is very little baking in this fun summer dessert, I make it often and enjoy it very much:

Fruit Pizza

Ingredients:

1 roll of sugar cookie dough
1 brick of softened cream cheese
1/2 to 1/3 cup cup sugar
Whatever fruits your little heart desires....

Directions:

Roll out cookie dough on a pizza pan (since I am a Pampered Chef Princess, I use my PC Stoneware Pizza Pan)
I try to make it a circle, but it doesn't always work... eh, tastes the same... ;)
Bake as directed, remove from oven and set aside to cool.

Once crust is cool, mix cream cheese and sugar (you may want to adjust the amount of sugar to your taste)

Spread on cool cookie crust and cover with sliced fruits of your choice.

Enjoy! :thumbsup2

My sister does this one too! It's very good.

An additional tip: Heat up some apricot preserves and spread them over the pizza like a glaze. It'll prevent the fruit from getting brown, and keep it looking pretty.

We got our cruise documents in the mail yesterday for our December 4-nighter on the Disney Wonder. So in honor of that and all the talk about Wally, Paul, Jamie and Ben cruising together in February, here's the recipe for the signature drink of Castaway Cay. The Conch Cooler:

(from allearsnet.com)
3 oz. Light Rum (Suggestion - Malibu or Parrot Bay)
3 oz. Dark Rum (Suggestion - Cruzan Black Strap)
4 oz. Orange Juice
8 oz. Cream of Coconut (Suggestion - Coco Casa)
6 oz. Passion Fruit Juice Concentrate (Suggestion - Welches)
3 oz. Ice

Mix in blender until slushy.

Makes enough to fill a Disney Cruise Line drink glass... and then some!

I'll have to check the "Cooking With Mickey" cookbook when we get home, because I could swear that when we made these for our Halloween Party we used light and dark rum, orange juice, pina colada mix, and passion fruit juice and then added our own pineapple juice and coconut cream as well. Of course we were making a two gallon batch to put into a punch bowl, so I might have just been improvising around the established guidelines. :rotfl2:

Gaaawd - these go down so easy! :goodvibes

Just like Rob! :rolleyes1

Okay, so we had a food experiment turn out really well over the weekend so I thought I'd share it with all of you lucky folks:

Savory Waffles with Garlic & Mushroom Baked Chicken

Savory Waffles

Ingredients
One Box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
One Large Egg
2/3 Cup Low Fat Milk
2 tablespoons of melted shortening (we used promise spread)
1/4 cup frozen peas
1 handful of sundried tomatoes chopped fine
2 scallions chopped fine
a couple dashes of freshly ground pepper.

Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl with a wodden spoon until it's just completely mixed. Don't use a mixer (It'll smash the peas). Ladle the batter into the middle of a heated and greased (or use cooking spray, like we did) waflle iron and cook until done (per the instructions for your waffle iron). This recipe yielded 4 seven inch round waffles.

Garlic & Mushroom Baked Chicken

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 can of Campbells Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup with Roasted Garlic

Spray a 9 x9 baking dish with cooking spray.

Layer the chicken breasts in the bottom of the baking dish. Liberally cover each breast with the condensed soup.

Bake at 350 degrees until the internal temp is 170 degrees. (about half an hour).

Place one waffle on a plate, and then serve one chicken breast on top of the waffle, and spoon the sauce from the baking dish over both.

It turned out realy well!

Sounds interesting Rob. I would have never thought to put Chicken and Waffles together... :confused3

Now I need a waffle iron...

Sounds interesting Rob. I would have never thought to put Chicken and Waffles together... :confused3

Now I need a waffle iron...

:scared1:

What?

Chicken and Waffles are a CLASSIC!

Usually it's breakfast waffles and fried chicken, though

800px-Roscoe%27s_Waffles_and_Chicken.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter