When do ya'll think parks be open?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was only a partial joke.

The unfortunate reality is that coronavirus is not a new thing, SARS-cov and MERS-cov were both coronavirus. This just happens to be a different strand of what we've seen before. I'm not sure if it'll be seasonal in the sense that it'll be a regular, but we will most likely see a new coronavirus strand even if vaccines are developed for COVID-19.

Only thing I will say is in the future most countries will likely immediately lock down travel to the regions impacted but way to early to know.

Only thing I will say is in the future most countries will likely immediately lock down travel to the regions impacted but way to early to know.

Indeed. I can see rate of infection being heavily impacted by that, but so would the world economy. There's a lingering question as to what this will all look like when it's over. There isn't a sustainable way to shut down and grow at the same time so at some point we will either have to accept it as a fact of life - people will get infected and die. Develop a cure to keep people from dying. Or, fundamentally change how we live. Virtual Disney? It'll be interesting.

As for the parks, this month has felt like a year. I think as we go deeper into quarantine, we will undoubtedly get closer to a cure. But I think there is a point where people will go stir crazy and make a determination of acceptable risk to not have to quarantine. There's a level of government interaction, but as a society I really question is we can sustain for 1+ month in isolation. I tend to think we'll lean towards to - I've had enough of this - rather than the gradual acceptance that this is the norm now. So my guess, mid to late May for an opening.

Wow, so many thoughts here on how this will go... thanks so much for responding.. lots of food for thought.... I am thinking undercover tourist will help if disney is not open at all.. but I am thinking if they are you are stuck having to go even if circumstances are not what we would like?? Unless they allow us to change the date of our tickets... I am going to at least check on possible options ... thanks so much for everyone's 2 cents!!

Wow, so many thoughts here on how this will go... thanks so much for responding.. lots of food for thought.... I am thinking undercover tourist will help if disney is not open at all.. but I am thinking if they are you are stuck having to go even if circumstances are not what we would like?? Unless they allow us to change the date of our tickets... I am going to at least check on possible options ... thanks so much for everyone's 2 cents!!

My UT tickets from my March trip are already showing they are valid for all days through Dec 15th, 2020.

So, I think tickets will be able to be adjusted

Undercover Tourist is also refunding e-tickets (which are not usually refundable) minus a 5% fee

My UT tickets from my March trip are already showing they are valid for all days through Dec 15th, 2020.

So, I think tickets will be able to be adjusted
I think from what I can read from all of the info they sent me via email when I chatted and asked the question that they are working with people.... I agree I think the tickets could be extended... I hope we can go in July because it was so hard picking that date for everyone etc.. but at least we have some options... we shall see what happens.....

Indeed. I can see rate of infection being heavily impacted by that, but so would the world economy. There's a lingering question as to what this will all look like when it's over. There isn't a sustainable way to shut down and grow at the same time so at some point we will either have to accept it as a fact of life - people will get infected and die. Develop a cure to keep people from dying. Or, fundamentally change how we live. Virtual Disney? It'll be interesting.

As for the parks, this month has felt like a year. I think as we go deeper into quarantine, we will undoubtedly get closer to a cure. But I think there is a point where people will go stir crazy and make a determination of acceptable risk to not have to quarantine. There's a level of government interaction, but as a society I really question is we can sustain for 1+ month in isolation. I tend to think we'll lean towards to - I've had enough of this - rather than the gradual acceptance that this is the norm now. So my guess, mid to late May for an opening.
you have good point.... people are itching to get back to normal... we shall see what happens....

I agree from the isolation point of view, and there is also the Disney Parks bottom line to consider as well. I think Disney has room bookings available for June 1st for a reason. They are dying to get the revenue steams running again. I think they've spoken with a lot of smart people and think June 1 is a good target date. Will they get !@#$ for whichever date they chose, certainly. But they'll have to pull that band-aid at some point.

I agree from the isolation point of view, and there is also the Disney Parks bottom line to consider as well. I think Disney has room bookings available for June 1st for a reason. They are dying to get the revenue steams running again. I think they've spoken with a lot of smart people and think June 1 is a good target date. Will they get !@#$ for whichever date they chose, certainly. But they'll have to pull that band-aid at some point.

That's where the social part of it comes in. There's a secret weekly meeting somewhere for all the CEOs to come to an agreement. We all open together so none of us looks like a jackA. COVID-19 could be raging still but between that type of agreement, and hitting the right time where we're stir crazy...that might be enough for them to call it and recoup some revenue.

And I acknowledge what I'm saying and I will say that my comment is based on us having a - when will the park be open discussion and not a what's best for the world health wise discussion. The latter is a polarizing subject that I don't really want to get into...

Honestly, I’m hoping by Christmas but I think next spring. I don’t think you’ll see large gatherings allowed (including nfl playing in front of fans). The only way Disney could open sooner would be to extremely limit park capacity, maybe to the point of only allowing guests into a park for a few hours a day (think galaxy’s edge when it opened) and use virtual queues so social distancing could remain. Small capacity in restaurants, no fireworks, no buses... I just can’t imagine it happening until there’s a vaccine or at least an effective “cure” or treatment. They’re working on it, so I’m hopeful!

Honestly, I’m hoping by Christmas but I think next spring. I don’t think you’ll see large gatherings allowed (including nfl playing in front of fans). The only way Disney could open sooner would be to extremely limit park capacity, maybe to the point of only allowing guests into a park for a few hours a day (think galaxy’s edge when it opened) and use virtual queues so social distancing could remain. Small capacity in restaurants, no fireworks, no buses... I just can’t imagine it happening until there’s a vaccine or at least an effective “cure” or treatment. They’re working on it, so I’m hopeful!

No way they stay closed that long. Once hospitals can handle the load the parks will open and those that want to assume the risk can go.

I already had to cancel my April trip...I'm really hoping my late July/early August trip will happen! I'm really hoping that with essentially the whole world shutting down for weeks/months that COVID-19 will be under control, that treatments will have been developed, etc.

I already had to cancel my April trip...I'm really hoping my late July/early August trip will happen! I'm really hoping that with essentially the whole world shutting down for weeks/months that COVID-19 will be under control, that treatments will have been developed, etc.
I am hoping for 8/1 fully open but having them open for your trip would be amazing!

I know how you feel about rescheduling. I actually just cancelled our Thanksgiving and Christmas trips because of concern over a flare up (and my husband and I not being allowed to travel due to work) in the fall/winter. May was cancelled a few weeks ago. I rebooked to mid August. Even if the parks are closed, we will happily go and do a resort only stay. I think that, in my house, we all will need a vacation by then.

If Disney can't get things cleaned up and ready for a Sept. opening then I think it will be next year.

No way they stay closed that long. Once hospitals can handle the load the parks will open and those that want to assume the risk can go.
Yeah, that is a big question. In Italy, so far 66 doctors have died and I don't have a clue how many other healthcare workers. If a similar amount of healthcare workers die and ( many that are incapacitated for weeks when they get it with possible long-term damage) then you also will have a lot that have PTSD...watching so many patients die, working non-stop, etc. I'm thinking it will be a long, long time before we replace doctors and materials, and healthcare workers to get it back to normal. Any kind of spike at all will overwhelm them again.

I just hope that now, in the pre-show area of shows, the CMs think twice about saying "Please fill in all available space" I know that if someone coughs and/or sneezes right behind me, I'm going to freak!

With Florida now under a stay at home order, for at least the next 30 days, It looks like Disney will not open before May 1st.

Last edited:
With Florida now under a stay at home order, for at least the next 30 days, It looks like Disney will not open before May 1st.

Actually, I’d say June 1st, because it will take them a few weeks at least to get CMs back to work to prepare resorts and parks ready. They won’t be able to eve start until the order is lifted

Actually, I’d say June 1st, because it will take them a few weeks at least to get CMs back to work to prepare resorts and parks ready. They won’t be able to eve start until the order is lifted

Nooooo. I refuse to accept this. My vacation is 23-31. So they will open before it. They must, I finally got a beach club waitlist, it’ll never happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter