• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do you think you'll be back?

We have May booked (dvc ) and August ( cash stay ) and I don’t know. August is prob off the table with heat and masks ..
Big kid and I talked yesterday maybe next christmas.
so hard to plan with big kid attempting to go away again next year for college . He stayed home this year and went to local college in a somewhat related program but he’s going nuts it’s too easy.
Big kid and I talked yesterday maybe next christmas.
We need a fairly long trip or two trips as we have discovery cove package so 3 parks and 7 day Disney park passes.

I don't think we will venture to Disney World until at least Feb, 2022. Honestly, we have other places we want to get to next year instead. And while I know Disney is doing a great job, I want to wait until we are are on the other side of this pandemic before we head back there.

I'm thinking summer 2022. We were waiting until the renovations were done in Epcot anyway, so waiting another year won't hurt us.

In the meantime, I just booked a cottage in the Bruce Peninsula for a week in July. I think we'll see enough progress in Ontario that it feels like a safe option. Plus I've never been.

Have lots of fun on the Peninsula! I grew up there, and my parents still live there, so I spend lots of time there in the summer. It's a great place!

I think online can be done from almost anywhere..... one of my students did online from India last Spring /Summer.
One of my friends is teaching from another country right now.

Everyone is different but I'm staying right here until I get a shot in the arm.
Although I did have a moment of palm trees , white sandy beaches and coconut rum drink craziness when Barbados opened their applications for a one year work Visa
https://barbadoswelcomestamp.bb/ LOL

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

Were bringing their school laptops with them. Last shutdown was about 1-2 hrs a day. Were expecting double that this time. Will cut into disney time but we usually split our days up anyways.

What if the shut down is only 2 weeks though? What if they are back in person when you return?

I will be back as soon as possible one there is a way to get quarantine upon return to 7 days or less. So long as it is 14 days I can’t go. Even 10 days could be doable.

The 14 day quarantine is a killer for most working people. Random thought: do you think that some form of quarantine may become a "new normal" post-Covid? Say you travel internationally, you are required to quarantine for even 7 days?

The 14 day quarantine is a killer for most working people. Random thought: do you think that some form of quarantine may become a "new normal" post-Covid? Say you travel internationally, you are required to quarantine for even 7 days?
I don't once the vaccine is readily available. I think what will happen is many countries will require you to have it to travel there.

I have plans to go mid-February. I’m hoping to be at least partially vaccinated, if not fully vaccinated by then as I’m in tier two to get the vaccine. We’ll see! I bought travel insurance.

We are going April 11-16, 2021 and I’m doing a solo trip Sept 19-25, 2021. April May end up as a solo trip as well depending on if the rapid test pilot they are doing in Alberta is brought to Pearson(which they want to be country wide ASAP), if we have to quarantine for 14 days my husband won’t be able to but I work from home so I can. He will just switch and come with me in September.

I am here now. Sitting in my room at Kidani. Animal Kingdom was a real zoo yesterday, far too many people. Rides had a 60 minute wait or more. Line for the Safari started back by the Lion King theater. Line for Pandora river ride was by the Island Mercantile. I only stayed long enough to have lunch and left when I got the room ready text. Hollywood Studios today. It will probably be crowded too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter