When will AP return?

My passes were set to expire May 29th, during the closure, and I requested a refund in early July. In my case, a partial refund should have been the same as a cancellation since there was no portion left post reopening. The CM did confirm that I requested a refund, but I haven't seen any money yet, and I just checked the Disney World app and it shows the passes as expiring on 10/25 and eligible for renewal. Perhaps my refund request was never processed.

Since my passes expired prior to the reopening date, doesn't that mean I should be eligible anyway? Do I just have to wait until I'm out of the renewal window, or does the fact that the expiration was extended disqualify me?

Based on what you just said, yes, that should make you eligible. I do wonder if your request was missed,

I would call back and tell them that you did not want the extension, wanted the refund from March 15 to May 29th instead and had called to request that in the Spring.

Maybe even ask for a supervisor to contact you back about it. Good luck.

We just got back from our stay. I was able to purchase 3 gold APs at Magic Kingdom guest services when I explained the issue (some of our party had renewals, we did not and we were staying for more than 7 days). My 7 day tickets were bridged to gold AP with a little more money kicked in from me. Another member of our group arrived later and when I tried to buy his AP at Epcot I was told it was impossible as they were not currently selling gold AP and might not resume selling them. I said okay and asked to have a note put on the account that the credit from the ticket we were using would go toward the gold AP we'd buy in May. The CM was a little put out by my request but said she would but also cautioned that they might not be selling AP in May and if so the value would be null. All in all, I got the pixie dust I was hoping for!

We just got back from our stay. I was able to purchase 3 gold APs at Magic Kingdom guest services when I explained the issue (some of our party had renewals, we did not and we were staying for more than 7 days). My 7 day tickets were bridged to gold AP with a little more money kicked in from me. Another member of our group arrived later and when I tried to buy his AP at Epcot I was told it was impossible as they were not currently selling gold AP and might not resume selling them. I said okay and asked to have a note put on the account that the credit from the ticket we were using would go toward the gold AP we'd buy in May. The CM was a little put out by my request but said she would but also cautioned that they might not be selling AP in May and if so the value would be null. All in all, I got the pixie dust I was hoping for!

Wow. This gives me some hope. I guess I will just have to hound guest services at each park and hope they will help us out.

My passes were set to expire May 29th, during the closure, and I requested a refund in early July. In my case, a partial refund should have been the same as a cancellation since there was no portion left post reopening. The CM did confirm that I requested a refund, but I haven't seen any money yet, and I just checked the Disney World app and it shows the passes as expiring on 10/25 and eligible for renewal. Perhaps my refund request was never processed.

Since my passes expired prior to the reopening date, doesn't that mean I should be eligible anyway? Do I just have to wait until I'm out of the renewal window, or does the fact that the expiration was extended disqualify me?
I would call (sadly, stay on hold) and patiently explain the issue - one of our APs didn't get canceled when I had called to do it (in August), but they did have a record that I had called to cancel, so they made things right in the end (although it took several phone calls to do it).

Any updated rumors yet?? We've cancelled our December trip (and I'm still crying over it), but we are still hoping for our February vacation week trip. I have an AP but my hubby and kids do not, so I'm hoping the AP comes back, since we have trips planned in September, November and December of next year, too! And if the AP returns, we may sneak in a trip in May for my birthday.

I am guessing they will announce on January 4th that AP are now for sale and possibly include new restrictions and possibly a price increase.

This is 100% a guess but based on return of Park Hopping returning, Christmas guests leaving January 3rd (Sunday) so they can't upgrade park tickets, and based on not wanting to announce until it goes live as to avoid lots of guests yelling at CMs over the holidays because the AP goes in to place 2/5/10 days later.

I am guessing they will announce on January 4th that AP are now for sale and possibly include new restrictions and possibly a price increase.

This is 100% a guess but based on return of Park Hopping returning, Christmas guests leaving January 3rd (Sunday) so they can't upgrade park tickets, and based on not wanting to announce until it goes live as to avoid lots of guests yelling at CMs over the holidays because the AP goes in to place 2/5/10 days later.

I really hope so.

I really hope so.

Not to toot my own horn but I projected a January 1st return of park hopping as well a couple months back when everyone was going crazy saying hopping would never return.

One thing I would say is that I could see Disney also holding off the return of AP until they increase park capacity again which I think moves it to 50% which is basically in line with normal daily attendance anyways like 300 days of the year.

Not to toot my own horn but I projected a January 1st return of park hopping as well a couple months back when everyone was going crazy saying hopping would never return.

One thing I would say is that I could see Disney also holding off the return of AP until they increase park capacity again which I think moves it to 50% which is basically in line with normal daily attendance anyways like 300 days of the year.
I'm hoping by memorial day. That's not a prediction, I would hope sooner but the virus will be well under control by that point assuming things progress ok, not great, but just not badly with vaccine rollout. My guess is their internal planning is hoping to raise capacity again by Spring Break season and be back to 100% with some mitigation practices by Oct. 1 and hopefully move that timeline forward if the situation warrants and it might!

I'm hoping by memorial day
virus will be well under control

Maybe if it just dies out but not from vaccines imo. They are talking about mid year before its even available to the general public in my state. I am not counting on any quick time-line.

I just point to not even being able to easily just get a test or antibody test at this point without a bit of work or needing to actually be sick to get access to limited tests at least in the 2 hospital groups in our area.

Then you have to account for how many people will rush to get the vaccine (around 30%) and those with at least some reservations (50%) finally the group which will basically never get it (20%). All those numbers are rough numbers from various polls recently.

Maybe if it just dies out but not from vaccines imo. They are talking about mid year before its even available to the general public in my state. I am not counting on any quick time-line.

I just point to not even being able to easily just get a test or antibody test at this point without a bit of work or needing to actually be sick to get access to limited tests at least in the 2 hospital groups in our area.

Then you have to account for how many people will rush to get the vaccine (around 30%) and those with at least some reservations (50%) finally the group which will basically never get it (20%). All those numbers are rough numbers from various polls recently.
where do you live?We have four testing places within 5 minutes of us, two with results i 15 minutes. when the over 80 crowd gets vaccinated, deaths are going to crater and hospitalizations are going to crater. That will convert some people on the fence, the other countries showing the same will reinforce. To your point, people will choose to wait, but that just put others closer to the end closer to the top. The real question is the efficacy of the JNJ one because they will have a billion doses next year alone.

Plus by summer, 1/2 the country will have been exposed to it.

deaths are going to crater and hospitalizations are going to crater. That will convert some people on the fence

I don't think it converts people in the direction you think it does. I just look at the flu vaccine and how easy it is to get and people still don't get it. Flip side we will see how easy it is to get a Covid19 vaccine and the cost on the individual.

where do you live?

On the Wisconsin/Illinois boarder within an hour of Chicago, Milwaukee, and Madison.

So not the coasts but not the middle of nowhere.

Most of the testing sites outside the county ones have symptom requirements and will only do a single test per family from when I was aggressively trying to get tested just last month.

I will leave it at that as sorry for derailing the conversation as it is. Neither of know for certain (well maybe you do) and guessing off my experience just like you likely are.

I don't think it converts people in the direction you think it does. I just look at the flu vaccine and how easy it is to get and people still don't get it. Flip side we will see how easy it is to get a Covid19 vaccine and the cost on the individual.
I would read up on the efficacy of the two vaccines thus far and the technology it uses vs the flu vaccine. Also how the spike protein is isolated is very different then how the flu vaccine works. Sorry to hear about your testing issues, my daughter had a fever one day and she was tested with a result within an hour of us seeing the temp and insurance reimbursed us for rapid test after submitting a claim. Pretty easy.

I think you need to realize this isn’t a flu vaccine although it may be need to be administered more than once a lifetime like that. 1/3 of the current deaths are coming from nursing homes. That population is 1m roughly. Not a lot of doses. Healthy people under 50 rarely get hospitalized and those that do will be mitigate by a vaccine “in the wild” the big question is the government coming through on a plan and logistics. That’s my concern. The data on antibody testing throughout the country and the efficacy of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine can put this on the radar view pretty quickl 6-9 months with the right planning and implementation. Big if there though

On the Wisconsin/Illinois boarder within an hour of Chicago, Milwaukee, and Madison.

So not the coasts but not the middle of nowhere.

Most of the testing sites outside the county ones have symptom requirements and will only do a single test per family from when I was aggressively trying to get tested just last month.

I will leave it at that as sorry for derailing the conversation as it is. Neither of know for certain (well maybe you do) and guessing off my experience just like you likely are.

But we’ll get banned soon for keeping on this track 😂

We cx'ed january but are still hopeful for june. I'm completely pass-less now. I just got a refund for my 8 day passes since I wasn't going anymore in january and figure why have the money tied up. Hopefully season passes will be available by then if june even happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter