When will you reschedule your cancelled trip?

I had two trips - one April 9-13th and another April 30-May 4th.

1st trip was rescheduled to MDW, and then today we moved it to last week of July.

2nd trip was rescheduled for weekend before Thanksgiving.

No one can say with any certainty than WDW will not be open in November.

Just knowing how this country operates - with everything from politics, to media, to PR, to lawyers and liability, and not to mention the economic distress this situation will cause worldwide - I will personally be shocked if WDW is open in November. I'm also a realist and am able to read between the lines of what is going on here. When you start seeing/hearing talk of "mail-in elections" in November, its a view into what is possibly coming down the pike. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if our government doesnt keep us "locked down" so to speak until a vaccine is developed.

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I am.

I've been wrestling with this question for days. We had to cancel our spring break trip; our trip was scheduled for 3/29-4/4. I'm trying hard not to think about where we would be today in the parks and what we would be eating and doing. :sad2: I normally feel so happy thinking about booking a WDW trip, and while I would love to reschedule our missed trip, instead I'm just so anxious about everything.

My oldest is a high school senior and heading to college in the fall, and my youngest is a high school freshman. So, this means that their spring breaks will not align again, so rescheduling for next year's spring break doesn't work for a family trip. I have considered rescheduling for late July or early August, but my hubby is concerned about the heat. I'm a person with MS, and heat is a symptom trigger for me. I have concerns that either things won't be back to full operation by then, or if they are, it still won't be safe in terms of corona virus infections.

I've considered Thanksgiving and Christmas, but my boys' school schedules don't jive well...the college kid gets the whole week of Thanksgiving off, while the high school kid doesn't, and I'm not keen on having the high school kid miss school. I've considered a Christmas WDW vacation, but I know it's way more expensive, and our Delta e-credit is only good until December 31. So, we're still trying to stumble through and figure things out.

Best of luck to everyone as they work through the logistics of rescheduling their trips. If I discover a crystal ball that will share helpful future planning information, I'll definitely share it all with my Dis friends!!:love:
We are in the same position. Had Spring Break scheduled because it’s the last year our senior and sophomore will have the same break. Moved it to the third week in June but feeling like June might be too soon especially if they reschedule graduation. My daughter said to just push it to June 2021 as soon as my son gets out of school. It may be the best option.

My friend just told me yesterday that her parents have decided to move the trip to next year just with all the uncertainty around this year and honestly I can’t blame them. I was tagging along on their family vacation. But they are both older and probably didn’t want to be in the heat for the summer months so they were originally looking at possibly rescheduling to October but I guess decided to realistically think out their plans and then decided against it. I guess the bright side is that now I’ll be possibly looking at 2 trips next year? One with her family and one with mine.

We were booked May 7-11 and re-booked for Oct 20-28. I am remaining optimistic that things will be back to normal by then, but the longer this goes the more worried I become even about the fall. Oh well, as another PP said, we will get there eventually! Just sad because normally planning a Disney trip is one of my greatest joys in life but I can't really even enjoy this time around with all the unknowns..

Stay safe everyone!

I am honestly arguing with myself if I should rebook my July 4-13 trip to October 17-26 and then my DL trip from October to December.

I'm just so unsure lately....

We rebooked our April/May trip to August/September. We haven't been since 2014 and our kids are really looking forward to it so I hope they're open in August. Most og the predictions seem to have it mostly over by 7/1. If that doesn't happen we're thinking early December or February. I want to go before my youngest turns three since that will really increase costs.

We rebooked (WBC) for November and then today added a short Sept. trip with the free dining offer. We had a one night campsite booked in April and that was enough to qualify for free dining. Really needed the fun of planning even if it gets canceled for whatever reason.

I have a mid August trip booked, but I'm doubtful we'll go. It seems unlikely that there will be a vaccine by then. However, if our family gets coronavirus and is considered immune, or if coronavirus goes away in the summer, or if some miraculous treatment is discovered, then we will go. And that's also if most of the attractions are open.

I have a trip planned in June for an event that I've been looking forward to. I haven't made up my mind, but even if the resort has reopened and the event isn't cancelled, I might very sadly skip out on it.

As for when I'll go back, here are the things I'm thinking about:

I'm still relatively young and in good shape, except for the occasional asthma. It's pretty well controlled but I'm in for a lot of hurt if I catch even a cold. I think I'm probably going to watch how things play out over summer. The world's biggest tourist magnets closed early for good reason: a small number of people can exponentially infect a large population. Until there's some herd immunity or a vaccine, should I take my chances?

I still have a job for now, but I know a lot of people aren't working or have just been told they need to take a pay cut. I truly hope that the economy will come roaring back, but most scenarios have us going into some recession, and I should probably be thinking of how to build up my emergency savings fund even more than I have in case my company's business doesn't recover.

Of course, the possible deals and lower crowds are very attractive, but I don't expect to be first in line to take advantage. I'm thinking November 2020 (I'd love to enjoy F&W again) or early 2021 are probably more likely.
We take our younger kids out of school so we still have a family spring break at Disney... the teachers are really cool about it...
( ds 25,24,22,13,9) we have done it for 4 years now.
This year we are going back to our old schedule of christmas. WdW in December is the best!

We rescheduled a May trip with the free dining offer for the first week of June. If it happens, great, if not, we will reschedule later in the year.

We did the same. Rescheduled our April trip to first week of June with free dining. Hoping they are open by then, but if not, we’ll reschedule for April 2021.
My FP day was today, and I was surprised how there were some FP that were very difficult to get. So thinking, if it’s open it’ll be busy.

Our May trip will most likely be rescheduled for March 2021 as we've already trips planned/booked for August, September and November.

If we cancel our September trip then we’ll reschedule to May 2021.

I had a trip planned for early May and rescheduled it to early September. I'm hoping everything gets better over the summer months. I had put a lot of planning into the May trip and had things set up well. Now I have to start over, but I do enjoy the planning so I don't mind. I'll just be glad if they are able to be open by September.

I have a mid August trip booked, but I'm doubtful we'll go. It seems unlikely that there will be a vaccine by then. However, if our family gets coronavirus and is considered immune, or if coronavirus goes away in the summer, or if some miraculous treatment is discovered, then we will go. And that's also if most of the attractions are open.

This is exactly how we fill about our September trip.

We were booked for May 9-13 and booked two back up trips, one for mid-July and one for the end of October. Hopefully for the sake of our country, things are back to normal by July but if not, we'll hold off till October if not even later.

We have not rescheduled with my son’s family to WDW ... we are also scheduled for Japan in November with Japan Airlines, I’m thinking that’s a risk right now with 4 grandchildren 7 & under. Our world has changed so fast it’s hard to digest sometimes. We have to stop & think of the consequences with every decision that we used to take for granted.
All we can do is try to be positive & stay healthy.

I haven't cancelled and rescheduled yet, but it looks like I will be moving my May 29 trip to the week before Christmas. I'm not 100% certain yet though.

We were supposed to leave tomorrow for our trip. Three weeks ago I rescheduled it for July because
we had DVC points that had to be used by October. I wish I had waited to do it, I think they might have been more lenient about the date and I probably would have pushed it to August. I really don’t have a ton of faith that we will actually be going in July. In the past three weeks so much has changed. This was supposed to be DD’s graduation trip. She starts college in August. It’s been a rough senior year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter