• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where’s Pluto?

Monday we visited AK. First we had some guests across the canal from us.

we drove to the park and got there slightly after it opened. The line for FoP was out to island mercantile. I think a lot of that was because it wasn’t organized yet, but it was still crazy to see.

the characters ride around the river in boats for the kids to see. (Or in the case of this picture, some drummers.

Due to some less than ideal ride planning, I rode Everest just after lunch with the kids and needed some recovery time after that. I was hurting.

we ended up being able to catch all of the rides. It was a fun day. I think we came back to the camper a couple hours before closing.

Due to some less than ideal ride planning, I rode Everest just after lunch with the kids and needed some recovery time after that. I was hurting.

< ..... the visual ..... > :rotfl2:

Last edited:
yesterday was MK. We caught the boat, no issues. We were at the boat around park opening time. There was one at the dock and one waiting and we got on the second. So that went well

we started with the Mine train/Ariel and circus area. Crossed over to do Adventureland and splash mountain and have some lunch at Pecos Bills. We got a new Pluto in a pirate hat with keys in his mouth at the gift shop.

then we went back to tomorrowland for Buzz, speedway and speedway. while there, Stitch came out on stage, which was awesome since DD1 has been on a major Lilo and Stitch kick as of late.

We went towards tea party and Pooh. Stopped for a ride break to catch a bunch of pictures. Then went around for Peter Pan, small world, haunted mansion. Basically, we did lots of rides.

headed out a slight bit before closing. On the way out, Mickey and friends were at the train depot. DD2 showed her new doll to Pluto and he got super excited.

Yesterday was a non-park day. So we slept in a little, did some breakfast on the griddle and went to ride the ponies. Both kids did well. Our friend couldn’t ride because she was too tall, which was unfortunate. The nice CMs at the barn did let one of the big horses come out for her to pet.

after that, my little one had me bring her to the local ninja warrior gym Obstacle Ninja Academy. It’s near universal. She spent a few hours there and got to try some new things. I also played around a bit and didn’t get injured!!!

while I was going that, our friends rented a golf cart for the day and did some looping.

we did some steaks on the griddle for dinner and prepared for HS today.

We did Hollywood studios. We were able to get a boarding pass for RotR in the afternoon. I’m not up on my Star Wars, but it was awesome. We rode the runaway railway right before, and that was also really cool, as I hadn’t been on a ride like that before (then did 2 in a row)

my kids went on tower of terror with the one grownup in our group that wasn’t too scared of it. They apparently enjoyed it. I don’t get it.

there was one negative for the day. I took both kids on MillenniumFalcon but had to promise the younger one ice cream from Hollywood Scoops. Unfortunately, we didn’t know until we got there that it closed an hour before the park did. So then we had to deal with a melt down until we could get to the trading post and find some.

then we got home and the real fun started. Put the kids to bed, but my daughter had an accident. So I put her in the bathroom and started cleaning up. Then I heard the toilet flush. So I ran in and she’s standing over it looking at it. I asked her what she put in, she informs me panties. Shocked, I respond with “oh —-.” She answers “—? What does — mean?” At this point, I decided to call in backup and figure out what to do.

We spent a little while, but were able to locate them and the camper is working fine. Certainly not how we meant to spend the evening, but sometimes she throws us curve balls

Last edited:
For our last day, we went back to MK for another visit. Our priority was thunder mountain, as it was the one ride we missed the first day that we wanted to ride (I’m not brave enough to try space mountain with the kids yet). On the way in, we saw the princesses at the train depot. Then did the circus rides and Ariel before heading to thunder mountain. The kids really enjoyed that one. We watched the county bears on the way out, and then the weather got bad.

we headed back to the camper for lunch, rest, and Tulane baseball opener. And to try to allow the weather to clear up. The game ended around 7, the rain hadn’t quite stopped and it got pretty cool. But DD1 asked to go back and ride Peter Pan and Small World again. So I got brave and brought the kids back alone. I got concerned it was going to go poorly when this happened on the boat ride there

she woke up in time. We were able to ride the 2 rides DD1 requested. Then they asked for Dumbo and Barnstormer again so we went back there.

On the barnstormer, since it was the first time I was the only adult, I learned of the policy that the 6 y/o needs to ride with an adult but the 8y/o can ride alone. DD1 is on the spectrum, but there wasn’t a good way to skip the ride once we sat down without causing major meltdowns of both. That was the scariest roller coaster ride I’ve ever done 😀. The mine train line was down to 40 mins, but I wasn’t about to test my luck a second time, so we rode Winnie the Pooh and came back to the camper.

On the barnstormer, since it was the first time I was the only adult, I learned of the policy that the 6 y/o needs to ride with an adult but the 8y/o can ride alone. DD1 is on the spectrum, but there wasn’t a good way to skip the ride once we sat down without causing major meltdowns of both. That was the scariest roller coaster ride I’ve ever done 😀. The mine train line was down to 40 mins, but I wasn’t about to test my luck a second time, so we rode Winnie the Pooh and came back to the camper.

but did the girls love it?😊

Appreciate you taking us along! Light looks great.

Glad to finally be seeing some trip reports popping up.

One other thing to add...I was surprised how well the camper held up to 3 adults/4 kids for a week. Obviously the FW comfort stations helped out a lot. But it never felt cramped.

I still need to go back to the storage spot and clear some stuff out later this week before I have to tow it to my favorite dealership for its yearly inspection on Friday. Hopefully they don’t have to keep it for too long.

my camper has been rescued from Camping World. They tried to charge me $140 for a free inspection and then charged me to 'diagnose' problems that we informed them of in the first place. Warranty denied those repairs (and I surely wasn't going to pay CW rates for them). I offered to pay them (too much) to wash and wax it, but apparently the weather was too bad for that for the 4 weeks they had it.

Other than that, it went well??

I think I'm done taking it there. I'll use a local repair shop from now on for stuff I can't do myself.

I'm so glad I did not deal with CW. I ONLY hear bad things about service and the few times I've tried to deal with them were proof enough to me.

Before we bought our current 5er I had actually looked at a Dutchman toy hauler that the CW in Jackson, MS had. After review, tour, online price comparison I made an offer $10,000 under their asking price.

Crazy low right?

Two months later I had my current Jayco and that same Dutchman was still on their lot. Two weeks later we're on our first camping trip, at the Dismeet at GSP and the salesman from CW calls to see if I'm still interested. 😀

They sold it finally 2 months later, the asking at that time was $3000 less than I offered.

Dodged a bullet as far as I'm now concerned.

We're one week from our trip to Talladega! I need to find some time this weekend to figure out how much of the stuff we cleared out of the storage spaces for Disney needs to go back in. I feel much better heading to the track fully vaccinated than I did in October. They've still got our normal campground closed, so we'll be in one of the sites closer to the track.

And in other exciting news, our friends that came to Disney with us got a camper! I'm pretty sure that'll get us to do a couple extra trips a year.

We drove back up tj talladega yesterday. We were a bit later than usual, so dinner was really late. Cooked a roast at home and heated it in the crock pot to make Poboys.

weather has been beautiful today. We’ve hung out and played some corn hole. My outdoor shower sprung a leak so did some repair work. We’re debating going to the dirt track to watch some racing tonight.

we have to basically break camp tonight due to terrible weather that’s supposed to come through.

Yes, buckle up tonight, Pluto.

Good luck and you should have fabulous weather for the race on Sunday.

Bama Ed

Thankfully the weather wasn’t as bad as predicted, so we’re all here!!

Following the lead from another thread, I picked up a T for the outdoor kitchen propane outlet and an hose to connect to the griddle. The griddle is 100x more consistent without the regulator that it came with in the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter