• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where’s Pluto?

Are propane patio heaters allowed at the fort?

I had to get one for Talladega a few years ago because there was a burn ban (note: at 38 degrees and in an open field, it’s better to just go in the camper). Thinking it may be worth bringing if I have room and it’s allowed.

@WeLovePluto we have used our propane heater before no issues. this last trip we either had a campfire or too freaking cold to even sit out with the heater. You should be good.

Thanks. temperatures look ok for the 10-day forecast. But if there's room in the truck, the heater will make the trip.

The rain chances are up a lot from a few days ago. Will have to bring my shrimp boots just in case.

We’ve made it to our overnight stop. Weather was pretty cooperative it was pretty windy the last 30 miles or so.

Attachments

• CA0C0E29-21FF-41E0-B89B-D165CA39B666.jpeg
    CA0C0E29-21FF-41E0-B89B-D165CA39B666.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 10

Yay. i hope to see you tomorrow afternoon/evening ish. Weather seems decent here for tomorrow.

Glad you have arrived at the "HAPPINESS PLACE" - love your Mickey lamp - your paint job looks great! Have fun for all of us.

after we got set up, the girls went for a bike ride to the bike barn cause I brought a kids bike with 2 flat tires. and on the way back we found Mallory!! It was great to meet y’all and hang out @garneska

Then the kids went to the settlement to check out the new playground. They approved. We tried to go see the ponies but missed by a few minutes.

came back to the camper in time for our friends to join us. Made some pork chops on the griddle for dinner.

we’re going to Epcot tomorrow and have dinner reservations at Biergarten.

Yesterday we visited Epcot. Which was really fortunate because it opens later, so we were still home for the massive downpour.

we cooked breakfast on the griddle (bacon, pancakes, eggs) which finished up just before the storm.

drove over to Epcot, got through security, and rode soarin and Nemo and living with the land before heading to the world showcase to ride Frozen ever After. The frozen specialty drink from the Norway stand were allegedly excellent. We saw Mickey and Minnie and the princesses ride by.

we had dinner at Biergarten and saw the band. I picked it because there was no entertainment/music at the country exhibits. The kids loved it. The food was very good. And it was a good break from walking and masking after several hours.

C698008D-1A9F-456A-BD4F-F36694CD27B6.jpeg

After dinner we rode test track (we may have planned that backwards), figment, went back to Norway to buy toys, then watched the 3 short cartoons by figment and caught spaceship earth on the way out at closing time.

we had a good time, but overall given the construction and the scaled down

The frozen specialty drink from the Norway stand were allegedly excellent.

..... allegedly .... :scratchin

we had dinner at Biergarten and saw the band. I picked it because there was no entertainment/music at the country exhibits. The kids loved it. The food was very good. And it was a good break from walking and masking after several hours.

That's a good point. Dinner in Germany checks a lot of those boxes on this visit.

we had a good time, but overall given the construction and the scaled down

giphy.gif

:badpc: what, WHAT? I am missing the big announcement, the final decision, the denouement of today's activities. I must know what your conclusion was, Pluto. I am WRECKED without knowing.

Bama Ed

PS - boy it's great to get some trip reports going again on the camping/community boards. :thumbsup2

Oh...didn’t realize the end had cut off...

between covid precautions (no street performers, no representation of the countries at the Kidcot stops) and construction closures, it feels like HS did when they had 1/2 or it shut down for Toy Story and Galaxy Edge construction...it was ok, but I’d rather spend a second day at HS or an extra MK day now. (This opinion subject to change based on what those parks are like with covid precautions)

I mean, you even have to wait in line to get into the Mexico area to ride 3 caballeros. That’s always been a go-to distraction for the kids that we hit up multiple times.

So, as mentioned in garneska’s thread, today was aday.

We made the decision before coming that the kids had reached a point that we could go from a double stroller w/ an umbrella stroller for 3 kids to a single umbrella stroller. After a day walking around Epcot, we now have 3 umbrella strollers for the rest of the trip. We’ll probably be pushing empty strollers a lot, but the kids were all done at the end of Epcot.

the kids slept in a bit and we had 12:15 brunch scheduled for Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’. We got to Disney Springs just in time. While checking into that reservation, I joined the virtual queue for Gideon’s. (It was 5 hours. I don’t have cookies.)

for brunch, I was torn between the hallelujah biscuits and the hush puppies Benedict. I was sold on the biscuits because of dark meat vs white.It was excellent. I also opted for a rare drink and had the Strawberry (moonshine) Lemonade—it could get you in trouble in a hurry.

we had some deviled eggs to start. DW had the French toast, our friends had the Chicken and Doughnuts and the traditional breakfast. All of the reviews were excellent and the restaurant is definitely on our return list.

the rest of Disney springs was too full. Stores had 30 min-1 hr waits to get in. Trying to stand in line for that with 3 kids to go shopping wasnt gonna work. So we abandoned that plan pretty quickly and came back to the camper.

mostly hung around the rest of the day. Got some of the valentines cupcakes from P&Js for the kids. They had a bunch of other sweets too, so haven’t tried them yet. Was able to find the toys DD2 wanted at meadows trading post, so she was better too.
A couple of campers in 200 set up tables with valentines treats to take.

and brunch was so large that we scrapped our steak cooking plan for tonight because no one was hungry.

I love the Hallelujah biscuit. It’s my go to and dinner that evening is usually leftovers from previous evenings because you don’t need a big meal.

I am laughing about the strolller situation since you mentioned it on Friday night. I was wondering how that was working out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter