Where do you think DVC resale prices are headed?

We will still go if resorts are open and theme parks are closed.
Maybe we're the exception to the DVC rule, but being in Florida in the winter was our primary reason for DVC.
Theme Parks, free parking, and transportation all came as a bonus.
If SSR is open in January 2021 we will be there!
ET :darth:
I've considered DVC and opted against it over the years, but honestly the parks are not the main reason I would buy. I go mostly for the sunshine, atmosphere and beautiful pools :)

I've considered DVC and opted against it over the years, but honestly the parks are not the main reason I would buy. I go mostly for the sunshine, atmosphere and beautiful pools :)
We have sat through 2 DVC tours...one at the Polynesian and one on a Disney Cruise. Both times we were ready to buy in! We are finally zeroing in on buying resale (yay!). Moral of the story is that we also buy for the sunshine and beautiful pools.

No judgement on you opinion at all but I just don’t understand this thought process. Disney likes to call Dvc rooms “deluxe” The grounds are absolutely beautiful but the rooms are average at best by the rest of the travel worlds standards. Why would anyone buy into dvc if it wasn’t primarily for the parks? There are plenty of timeshares that have sunshine, beautiful pools and 5 star quality rooms for a fraction of the cost of dvc.

No judgement on you opinion at all but I just don’t understand this thought process. Disney likes to call Dvc rooms “deluxe” The grounds are absolutely beautiful but the rooms are average at best by the rest of the travel worlds standards. Why would anyone buy into dvc if it wasn’t primarily for the parks? There are plenty of timeshares that have sunshine, beautiful pools and 5 star quality rooms for a fraction of the cost of dvc.

Nothing like being there and being surrounded by it. So many different options too.

Parks have become less and less of the trips I take so resort only stays happen more often,

I may visit a park for an hour or so...maybe for a meal, etc.

Location, Location, Location
We bought into DVC after spending 2 years worth of scouting trips to Florida, to look into snow-birding options.
Last thing we expected, but turned out to be a good solution for us.
We wanted to be in a central Florida location, as we have friends and family scattered across the state.
We found the 2nd home ownership route too expensive, and even in some nice trailer parks the initial costs were cheaper, but maintenance, insurance, property management--
yadda yadda yadda - it became too complicated.
DVC solved the riddle, and the parks are a bonus when we choose to go.

I can relate to liking to stay at the resort and go to the parks less. And DVC does has some awesome properties. I could easily spend a few days at Animal Kingdom Lodge without ever going to the parks. I also love Aulani. I think you could still buy into DVC if you are a Disney fan, even if you get tired to going to the WDW parks.

I haven't done research on other timeshares because of their reputation (mostly negative). But, do they offer amenities/activities like DVCs do (honest question)? I am talking about community hall and CM-led type activities.

LAX

I'm kind of laughing about this but can you imagine this actually playing out? I'm trying to think of one reason at all to go to those resorts if there is no park. I can't think of a single one. That would be an epic disaster (taken in perspective of course).

Here’s 2:
Save money and no overcrowded parks and lines to deal with. Just relaxation! Haha

I haven't done research on other timeshares because of their reputation (mostly negative). But, do they offer amenities/activities like DVCs do (honest question)? I am talking about community hall and CM-led type activities.

LAX
From the research I have done, most of the negatives with traditional timeshares is that unlike DVC, they loose most of their value almost instantly.
all nice timeshares have wonderful amenities such as beautiful grounds, pools and activities, I have never looked into if they have a community hall so I can’t answer that one.

I am not against DVC in the slightest. I am following this thread to see if the prices dip low enough to make it worth it for us to buy a contract. The point I was trying to make with my original reply was why pay the premium to be super close to the parks if you aren’t going to visit them. It’s like paying to a premium to rent a house on the beach when you have no intention of using the beach.

From the research I have done, most of the negatives with traditional timeshares is that unlike DVC, they loose most of their value almost instantly.
all nice timeshares have wonderful amenities such as beautiful grounds, pools and activities, I have never looked into if they have a community hall so I can’t answer that one.

I am not against DVC in the slightest. I am following this thread to see if the prices dip low enough to make it worth it for us to buy a contract. The point I was trying to make with my original reply was why pay the premium to be super close to the parks if you aren’t going to visit them. It’s like paying to a premium to rent a house on the beach when you have no intention of using the beach.

A question - are most timeshares forever or do they have an end date like DVC?

Kinda like why did Richard Gere rent out the penthouse suite with Julia Roberts when he was afraid of heights ??
'Cause it was the best room they had"! :rotfl2:

A question - are most timeshares forever or do they have an end date like DVC?
I don't know about "most", but I know friends that, collectively, own Wyndham, Hilton, and Blugreen & they are all LifeTime commitments.
We debate the pros and cons of lifetime vs <50 years all the time.
A few things I've observed since owning DVC, and comparing notes with these friends:
Resale values for DVC are much higher.
Their Maintenance Fees are higher.
One of them still has a fixed week, and its in Williamsburg VA in January (She can't even give that away)
I get a real chuckle when we talk about planning to vacation together in Orlando.
They all boast about how "close" they can get to Disney (the irony is priceless)

I don't know about "most", but I know friends that, collectively, own Wyndham, Hilton, and Blugreen & they are all LifeTime commitments.
We debate the pros and cons of lifetime vs <50 years all the time.
A few things I've observed since owning DVC, and comparing notes with these friends:
Resale values for DVC are much higher.
Their Maintenance Fees are higher.
One of them still has a fixed week, and its in Williamsburg VA in January (She can't even give that away)
I get a real chuckle when we talk about planning to vacation together in Orlando.
They all boast about how "close" they can get to Disney (the irony is priceless)
I mean, with most lifetime timeshares the duration is usually until enough owners die off that the entire operation becomes unsustainable.

https://www.redweek.com/resources/ask-redweek/timeshare-resort-out-of-business

Why not Wyndham Bonnet Creek then?
We have looked at Wyndham Bonnet Creek but it's not the best option for everything we want.

We like not having to rent a car and drive in a place we aren't familiar with on vacation, we like the all inclusive (dining, transportation, etc). We also all love Disney. I do love the parks but we only spend maybe 4 hours a day at the park and still take rest days. If they were closed I would still stay at a resort (disclaimer: I won't be traveling anytime soon, just mean that separate from the current situation :) ). Maybe more so because I would probably get a better discount :rotfl:

We've stayed offsite in Florida before but it didn't feel like an all inclusive vacation the way Disney does.

I think you might be missing the point others are trying to make. While the parks are definitely the big draw of DVC in general, when one purchases a contract, that's up to 50 years in length. I imagine there wouldn't be too many people that go to a Disney park every year for 30, 40, or even 50 years. There will be years where going to the parks wouldn't be the focus. Plus, many DVC resorts have adequate amenities to keep people entertained for a couple days. That, to me, is not too different from people who own lake front homes that don't necessarily go into the lake everyday or even every month.

LAX

Kinda like why did Richard Gere rent out the penthouse suite with Julia Roberts when he was afraid of heights ??
'Cause it was the best room they had"! :rotfl2:

There's a lot of descriptions for Disney Vacation Club Timeshare but the best? There are many accommodations around that are better
I think you might be missing the point others are trying to make. While the parks are definitely the big draw of DVC in general, when one purchases a contract, that's up to 50 years in length. I imagine there wouldn't be too many people that go to a Disney park every year for 30, 40, or even 50 years. There will be years where going to the parks wouldn't be the focus. Plus, many DVC resorts have adequate amenities to keep people entertained for a couple days. That, to me, is not too different from people who own lake front homes that don't necessarily go into the lake everyday or even every month.

LAX

I think the reference is with the thought that someone rarely or never goes to the parks but goes to Orlando and stays DVC? Not someone who over the course of ownership skips the parks after several years once every decade. We own DVC because we like the parks and to stay onsite close to them and for that we enjoy the resorts. Never would own it otherwise though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter