Where to go for "nicer" dinner near Aulani?

ameliahyde

Princess In Training
Hi All! We are heading to Aulani the last week of June and I'm planning to make one "nicer" dinner reservation for the week. I'm not going to make a reservation at Monkey Pod since we can do happy hour there, and I've nearly ruled out Ama Ama given the ages of my daughters (11 &13) - I just don't feel like its will be worth the cost given we will be charged adult rates for them and its a pre set cost.

I'm looking at Noe or Roy's. Is there one you suggest over the other? And, if I need to give Ama Ama, Mina's or someplace else a second thought please let me know!

We like good food but not necessarily fancy food. We definitely aren't foodies (for what its worth).

Thanks in advance!

Our girls did fine at Ama Ama but our 11 yo would have ordered off the adult menu and enjoyed it anyway.

Overall, Roy's was our favorite! It's on a golf course, so the views aren't as spectacular as the beach restaurants. but if you like fish...

The service was excellent, you can reserve on OpenTable, and we would have gone back a second time if we'd had time. They have non-fish options but the fish was really really good. The 11yo got adult food there, too, so we tried 3 different fish entrees, and the 7.5yo ate quite a bit of the butterfish too.

They also have a happy hour prix fixe that is outdoors that is a little less $ with fewer options - I think only fish of the day and a non-fish entree choice? includes a simpler appetizer and dessert too, and it's at the bar/gazebo outside.

Mina's - we walked up and had a glorious dinner outside with a sunset view. If the kids get restless they can walk on the beach and come back. They have a fish sommelier.

We love noe or the fish house at the four seasons. Both have lovely views. Now of the inside courtyard and the fish house the beach and lagoon. We also like longhi although you can’t really see the ocean. But if you go on Tuesday and wait for the right table you can view their luau…I assume it’s still on Tuesday. Roy’s is not a favorite. We had a really bad meal there a couple years ago and it turned us off.

Our girls did fine at Ama Ama but our 11 yo would have ordered off the adult menu and enjoyed it anyway.

Overall, Roy's was our favorite! It's on a golf course, so the views aren't as spectacular as the beach restaurants. but if you like fish...

The service was excellent, you can reserve on OpenTable, and we would have gone back a second time if we'd had time. They have non-fish options but the fish was really really good. The 11yo got adult food there, too, so we tried 3 different fish entrees, and the 7.5yo ate quite a bit of the butterfish too.

They also have a happy hour prix fixe that is outdoors that is a little less $ with fewer options - I think only fish of the day and a non-fish entree choice? includes a simpler appetizer and dessert too, and it's at the bar/gazebo outside.

Mina's - we walked up and had a glorious dinner outside with a sunset view. If the kids get restless they can walk on the beach and come back. They have a fish sommelier.
The Happy Hour sounds like a great option! I'm thinking we can do that one evening, a happy hour at Monkey pod one evening, and then perhaps Noe or another option. Can you reserve a table specifically for Happy Hour and do you know what time it is at?

I'm looking at Noe or Roy's. Is there one you suggest over the other? And, if I need to give Ama Ama, Mina's or someplace else a second thought please let me know!
Of the two, Noe is probably the nicer. We like Roys as well. Some folks are put off by the fact that it's on a golf course.

I'd also suggest a short drive to Kapolei for Assaggio Italian restaurant. Not really up-scale but very good italian.

We love noe or the fish house at the four seasons. Both have lovely views. Now of the inside courtyard and the fish house the beach and lagoon. We also like longhi although you can’t really see the ocean. But if you go on Tuesday and wait for the right table you can view their luau…I assume it’s still on Tuesday. Roy’s is not a favorite. We had a really bad meal there a couple years ago and it turned us off.
Is there any ocean view at Noe's or is it just interior/garden area etc.? I'm debating between Noe's and Roy's at this point and just wondering if Noe's has a better view overall? Thanks!

My wife and I had a VERY lackluster meal at Noe so probably won't bother with any of the 4S restaurants on future trips. But Roy's has been a must-do every time we visit Aulani! Noe does not have a better view, if anything Roy's is better because it's different scenery than what you see elsewhere (although as others have sometimes mentioned, once it gets dark there's really no view at Roy's besides the nicely-decorated restaurant itself).

The Happy Hour sounds like a great option! I'm thinking we can do that one evening, a happy hour at Monkey pod one evening, and then perhaps Noe or another option. Can you reserve a table specifically for Happy Hour and do you know what time it is at?
The special Roy's menu is here, and called the al fresco prix fixe: $69 for a three course dinner. They do have a kids menu that is quite affordable - I seem to remember it being under $20 but could be wrong. We booked our table on open table and didn't know about the alfresco prix fixe until we arrived. You could probably just ask them when you call or put it on the open table notes?

https://www.royyamaguchi.com/roys-ko-olina#menu-roys-ko-olina

Hi All! We are heading to Aulani the last week of June and I'm planning to make one "nicer" dinner reservation for the week. I'm not going to make a reservation at Monkey Pod since we can do happy hour there, and I've nearly ruled out Ama Ama given the ages of my daughters (11 &13) - I just don't feel like its will be worth the cost given we will be charged adult rates for them and its a pre set cost.

We like good food but not necessarily fancy food. We definitely aren't foodies (for what its worth).

Thanks in advance!
Longhi’s is fantastic. Mina‘s Fish House and Noe, both at the Four Seasons, are close seconds. I don’t think Roy’s is on the same high level as the other choices, and I am indeed one of those put off by the fact that it’s on a golf course, which isn’t lit at night. So instead of looking at a beautiful beach, at Mina’s, or lovely landscaped gardens, streams and ponds, at Longhi’s or Noe, you’re in a dated old building on the golf course looking out at pure darkness .

Is there any ocean view at Noe's or is it just interior/garden area etc.? I'm debating between Noe's and Roy's at this point and just wondering if Noe's has a better view overall? Thanks!
It's just interior/garden view at Noe, but it is a better view than Roy's. Overall, Noe was far above Roy's for us in terms of the experience.

It's just interior/garden view at Noe, but it is a better view than Roy's. Overall, Noe was far above Roy's for us in terms of the experience.
Noe is outside, and has gardens, ponds, streams, and a view of a cute wedding chapel as well. It’s very nice.

Just got back from 8 nights at Aulani on May 1st. It was our 30th anniversary trip - Ama Ama is closed on Tuesdays which was our anniversary so we went to Noe that night. They seated us right in front of the koi pond / waterfall area as it was our anniversary for a secluded table. The food was very good and the service excellent...with cocktails & tip we dropped about $315 I think for the 2 of us.

We also did Roy's one night. On a previous trip Roy's was excellent but this time it was not so good. Our server was also assigned to a large party in a private room near where we were seated and he was WAAAY more concerned with them and was very short & curt with us. My husband had scallops which were a weird texture. I forget what I ordered so I guess it was unmemorable (but it was better than my husbands scallops whatever it was). We couldn't get our servers attention to pay so we walked up to the front & paid with someone else on our way out.

We did MonkeyPod on our arrival night and it was one of the best meals I've ever had (homemade gnocchi was incredible). It was also one of our cheapest meals and the live music was a bonus.

We also did Ama Ama on another night. It was delicious and the service was impeccable BUT the cost nearly sent me into cardiac arrest and I'll never do another meal that expensive again as it just didn't feel right spending that much for 1 meal (about $450 incl. the wine pairing with tax & tip).

With kids Monkey Pod Kitchen is top of the list for sure for both atmosphere and pricing I'd say Roy's is a 2nd choice but hope to not get seated with a server who's otherwise occupied (and don't order the scallops).

We also did Ama Ama on another night. It was delicious and the service was impeccable BUT the cost nearly sent me into cardiac arrest and I'll never do another meal that expensive again as it just didn't feel right spending that much for 1 meal (about $450 incl. the wine pairing with tax & tip).
Was this for 1 person?

Just got back from 8 nights at Aulani on May 1st. It was our 30th anniversary trip - Ama Ama is closed on Tuesdays which was our anniversary so we went to Noe that night. They seated us right in front of the koi pond / waterfall area as it was our anniversary for a secluded table. The food was very good and the service excellent...with cocktails & tip we dropped about $315 I think for the 2 of us.

We also did Roy's one night. On a previous trip Roy's was excellent but this time it was not so good. Our server was also assigned to a large party in a private room near where we were seated and he was WAAAY more concerned with them and was very short & curt with us. My husband had scallops which were a weird texture. I forget what I ordered so I guess it was unmemorable (but it was better than my husbands scallops whatever it was). We couldn't get our servers attention to pay so we walked up to the front & paid with someone else on our way out.

We did MonkeyPod on our arrival night and it was one of the best meals I've ever had (homemade gnocchi was incredible). It was also one of our cheapest meals and the live music was a bonus.

With kids Monkey Pod Kitchen is top of the list for sure for both atmosphere and pricing I'd say Roy's is a 2nd choice but hope to not get seated with a server who's otherwise occupied (and don't order the scallops).
We’ve always had great meals at Noe, and the outdoor seating area is beautiful! Longhi’s, also Italian, is a bit less expensive, and also has some nice tables by their koi pond.

Re Ama Ama, we usually skip the wine pairing, so its a bit more reasonable. The food and service for us was amazing, and we’ll usually go once per trip.

One of the reasons I’m not a fan of Roy’s is the very service issue you described. It’s one of those restaurants where the waiter takes your order, but the food is brought out of the kitchen by another server. I had ordered a short rib that arrived really tough, dry and chewy, and it took me forever to track them down and order a different entree, which didn’t arrive for another 25 minutes, when my wife had long since finished her dinner.

Longhi’s is fantastic. Mina‘s Fish House and Noe, both at the Four Seasons, are close seconds. I don’t think Roy’s is on the same high level as the other choices, and I am indeed one of those put off by the fact that it’s on a golf course, which isn’t lit at night. So instead of looking at a beautiful beach, at Mina’s, or lovely landscaped gardens, streams and ponds, at Longhi’s or Noe, you’re in a dated old building on the golf course looking out at pure darkness .
I'm seriously not trying to be annoying; I'm just thinking that maybe I'm missing something here - if the golf course is completely dark at night, wouldn't an ocean view/beach be completely dark as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter