Who represents us?

JCT, Me? a Marxist? :O , and there was me thinking you didn't posess a sence of humour LOL. That was an attempt at irony?

Thanks Doc. I'll let you know if I get any response.

Doc, I'm not advocating jumping to another management company, just pointing out that the availability exists, for a price, to communicate with the rank and file members. Also a little humor thinking about DVC jumping around if there was a push to evalutate other options. Can you hear the conversations at DVC. True the resorts would cease to be members of DVC and since I already own Marriott, that wouldn't help me any.

I'd agree that DVC has no legal responsibility to provide anything else but I feel they have an ethical responsibility to ensure that any programs they provide have value. And since there's a certain amount of conflict of interest, the programs could be seen as not only self serving but in conflict of federal complaince and anti trust legislation (I'm not a lawyer, could you tell).

I've just scanned the copy of the contract I got when I was initially looking and what it does is reference the info in the Master Cotency Agreement and the Declaration of Condominium, not the entire POS. The only commitment that could appears intended at all future owners is the ROFR which says it runs with the land. There is nothing in my deeds either (2 of them) that suggests I am committed to previous owners obligations. There's certainly nothing in the POS or specifically, the portions referenced above that I could construe to apply to future owners. I may have missed it but don't think so.

Related to a recent but somewhat similar thread. It does say:
The Condominium Unit will have furniture, appliances and equipment and accent furnishings substantially similar or of equal quality to those shown in the model and on the plans and specifications. Since the models and the materials are for display purposes only, DVC reserves the right to make substitutions of material of equal or better quality.

Originally posted by Doc

But...do you play one on TV? :)
Heck no, try to stay off camera as much as possible. But give me a room full of DVC execs and watch me go.

Originally posted by vernon
Brian , I respectfully disagree. While the differing points values/seasons discourages use at certain times , there is nothing that makes it impossible for a bottleneck to arise in exceptional circumstance.
Nothing is impossible, but that's not the point. We may just have to agree to disagree about this, but I'm confident that the differential point system is robust enough to balance demand quite effectively.

IMHO it's prudent to have a system in place that in exceptional circumstance acts as a safety valve and to have that in place BEFORE it's needed. It's easy and simple to do, so why not do it?
Indeed, there already is a structure: The lottery used to parcel out reservations for holiday times.

It isn't impossible , for example in WDW 50th anniversary, that a large %age of owners bank their points the year before and that a slightly above average numbers of users want/have to vacation ( school holidays) at a similar time to one another.
Again, the lottery will probably be employed.

In reality, the worst-case scenario has already happened -- the end of the pass program at OKW. OKW has more members than any other resort, and is only moderately larger now than it was then. The situation was handled fine.

And no, it doesn't matter that there are more properties now -- each property stands alone from 11 months down to 7 months, and quite frankly, if you don't get your reservation in during the period of your home resort advantage that's your own fault IMHO.

Who knows but I suspect we've seen the last of a lottery. I suspect it will be first come and first serve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter