Who said daytime security at DTD was a cake job?

Here is one even Jenn should remember: "This is Pete, Wake up Pete!" That was from when Taco Bell was starting the late night/all night drive thru concept in teh early 90s.

Taco Bell!

See for me, Taco Bell is a Disney memory. When I was a kid (back in the mid-seventies again) Mom and Dad would go to Taco Bell and get a huge bag of tacos and burritos (back when all they had was taco, burrito, tostada, & enchirito) and we'd all sit in the living room eating Taco Bell while watching "The Wonderful World of Disney". It was our Sunday night routine. :goodvibes

Crap. :headache:
Now I want Taco Bell and Wendys fries!

Taco Bell!

See for me, Taco Bell is a Disney memory. When I was a kid (back in the mid-seventies again) Mom and Dad would go to Taco Bell and get a huge bag of tacos and burritos (back when all they had was taco, burrito, tostada, & enchirito) and we'd all sit in the living room eating Taco Bell while watching "The Wonderful World of Disney". It was our Sunday night routine. :goodvibes
Oh what a sweet memory. I always remember the "eat great even late" thing because Dave (back when he was just my boyfriend) and i would be driving "home" (to his parent's place) about once a month from college and we were always satrving about half way there. When Taco Bell started keeping the drive thru open late (we tended to be going through around 11:00) we would always swing through for a snack. I have never really liked their food--but it was cheap;) DH LOVES it and used to make us eat there on his birthday--people look at you funny when you are opening gifts in a Taco Bell:rotfl2:

Ahh--go eat some for me (I miss Wendys:guilty:)--and have a frosty too while you are at it.

Taco Bell!

On WWD night I would Beg my mom
to let me have a TV Dinner and eat in front of the tv -
mom said I'd always sit like 3 feet from the set :rotfl:

tvdinner.jpg

Ahh--go eat some for me (I miss Wendys:guilty:)--and have a frosty too while you are at it.

No way.
GOTTA be thinner that a certain someone by Feb. DIS meet. :headache:
I'm even doing a vegan thing the last month.

No way.

You're trying to be thinner than Mike?

He's a bean pole! You'd have to go completely Mary Kate and starve yourself! :scared:

No way.

A "certain someone" eh? You'll have to settle for a plain baked potato then. Nice willpower:thumbsup2 Me, I have the willpower of a turnip:rotfl:

Conk--is it you who works at the Poly???? I think so but I am so bad at keeping these things straight:rolleyes: We will be at the Kona in late November for dinner and would love to stop by and say hello if you are there:flower3:

So, Hadley. What kind of fast food places have you encountered in Germany?

So We're walking in Paris down the beautiful Champs-Élysées having a great day - And BAM A frignin KFC! :mad:
On the Champs-Élysées!

So We're walking in Paris down the beautiful Champs-Élysées having a great day - And BAM A frignin KFC! :mad:
On the Champs-Élysées!

Yep.

I swore that I wouldn't set foot in McDonalds while we were in Paris. We wanted to experience FRENCH culture!

And then we were near the one in Montmartre.

And needed a restroom.

And didn't have coins for the ones in the street.

So we figured we could hit MickeyDee's for the restroom.

Nope. The bathroom needed a code, supplied on your receipt. :headache:

So we had two Blizzards. Scott waited for them while I ran off to the loo before it was too late. :rotfl:

At least we ordered a flavor of Blizzard that we can't get in the States. They had KitKat Blizzards there. Had never seen those before. It was yummy. But if it hadn't been for an extreme need to pee, we wouldn't have gone in.

And next time, I'll coins for the public ones.

Conk--is it you who works at the Poly???? I think so but I am so bad at keeping these things straight:rolleyes: We will be at the Kona in late November for dinner and would love to stop by and say hello if you are there:flower3:

I work mornings, so you'll have to schedule a breakfast!! :thumbsup2:lmao:

So, Hadley. What kind of fast food places have you encountered in Germany?

Sorry missed this at the bottom of the last page before. We have more fast food than you would expect. American chains are:

Burger King: Cheap with coupons, and different and better food than in the USA. Poor DH got excited to order a "chili cheese burger" (menu items are in English:confused3at most fast food places) and it was a burger with nacho cheese sauce and jalepeno peppers ("chili"):lmao: he was SO dissapointed. The best part of BK is they have ICE:thumbsup2

McDonalds: There regular food is still yucky and we do not eat there for lunch or dinner. BUT they have some good (and cheap) breakfast things which we get when driving on teh autobahn as the rest stops with Mickey Ds are conveint on/off. There is a good grilled cheese on pita bread thing for breakfast. Also more ICE:goodvibes

Subway: Pretty much jsut like home but without ice:sad1: Cheap with coupons so that is good.

I have also seen but not eaten at Pizza Hut and KFC (I do not care for palces which serve Pepsi:lmao:)

The German vesion of fast food is my beloved Hanchen Grill (generally a truck/stand selling fresh hot rottiserie chickens and they tend to be outstanding (puts Boston Market to shame) and "Donner Kebab" Just like in the USA the sterotye once one that every mid eastern immigrant opened a 7-11, here it is that every Turkish immigrant opens a donner kebab. They sell shaved lamb sandwhiches and generally also pizzas and sometimes falafels. Our local donner kebab will make me a special "Hadley Yufka" A Yufla is the fantastic tortilla like fresh bread that you can have filled with the lamb, but I only eat poultry and fish so he makes it with cheese and loads it up with veggies for me:cloud9:

I work mornings, so you'll have to schedule a breakfast!! :thumbsup2:lmao:

It is a ridiculously early dinner, does that count:lmao: DS really wants it to be breakfast because he wants Tonga Toast, but the other people we will be meeting up with are not going for it:laughing: I doubt we will make it near the Poly in the mornings (can't miss rope drop), but is we do I will look you up.

It is a ridiculously early dinner, does that count:lmao: DS really wants it to be breakfast because he wants Tonga Toast, but the other people we will be meeting up with are not going for it:laughing: I doubt we will make it near the Poly in the mornings (can't miss rope drop), but is we do I will look you up.

You can get Tonga Toast at Captain Cooks, and they are open for breakfast until 11!

On WWD night I would Beg my mom
to let me have a TV Dinner and eat in front of the tv -
mom said I'd always sit like 3 feet from the set :rotfl:

tvdinner.jpg

My mom always told me not to sit too close to the TV BECAUSE IT MIGHT EXPLODE! :scared1:
At some point in my late 20's it occurred to me that spontaneously exploding TV's were not a common problem in the 1970's. One of these days I will have to ask her what possessed her to say that. :rolleyes:

Oh please! Someone save this post! We can bring it up in about 4 years when Jenn is driving down 495, and has a screaming kid in the back of the car yelling "But Mommy, I HAVE to have a Happy Meal, I need the Mayor McCheese figure to complete my collection!" :rotfl2:

:lmao: I am not on 495 much... I was when I worked in Middleboro... I mostly hang around 195 now... ;)

You sad unclutured baby:sad2:--you have no idea all the good things you have missed out on:rolleyes1

I have seen pictures... The 80's were not pretty... I am glad I was only between the ages of 0 and 9... oh boy! I DO so love rubbing that in....

(which would have made it sometime before 1977).

1977? :scared1:

You would probably all try to kill me if I told you how old my parents are... They had me when they were very young... :laughing:

My fav BK Slogan was...
"It takes two hands to handle a Whopper"

Nor sure why I like it?
:rolleyes1

Gee... I cannot imagine :confused3

Here is one even Jenn should remember: "This is Pete, Wake up Pete!" That was from when Taco Bell was starting the late night/all night drive thru concept in teh early 90s.

Um... nope. Sorry. :cool2:

PMS?

Well Back to....
Why is it we like Jenn?:rolleyes:

Maybe it's an affirmative action thing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter