Who will be there for Cheerleading...

This is off topic but seems like a great place for me to get some advise! DD5 did a cheer camp at our dance studio this summer. She just LOVED it. Now she wants to not dance but cheer. Is this something I want to consider? HOw expensive is it, and where do I even start looking for a team? She is only 5 but will be 6 in NOv. I'll take all advise, tell it like it is please!

First off Competitive cheerleading is very expensive but no more expensive then dance. This year we have these fees 350 for uniform (full uniform spring floor shoes midriff) Then we need new practice uniforms. our competition fees are 650 (we are lucky we live in Florida or they would be higher to travel)then there are hotels then there is the monthly gym fees.

But it truely is worth it if you get in with a great team and when I say great team I mean a team with allot of positive attitude.
The best way to find a team for her is to ask around and get thoughts from parents whos children are cheering not from the coaches

Our first competition is Nov. 12th. The parents perform too? what do they do? sounds fun.

We do a full routine!!! Let me tell you we LOVED it!! Sooo much fun.
We actually have only done this once and that was last year in Tampa but we found out that COA has parent division and so we will repreform our routine from Tampa. Its all for fun but Ill tell you it gives you way more respect to what these kids do and make it look so easy. :cheer2:

Our first one is October 8th. I still would love to see you "Adults" Cheer

It is hilarious!! I may have it on my computer in a small file very small(wmv) Ill check and see

I think my younger dd's team will be in the small group (if they don't have any one else join) and my older dd's team, I think has 21 girls (I'll have to check). I'm not sure which level each squad will compete at. This is all still really new to me.

Youll get it real quick!! Well if they dont change the guidelines again!! Starting in Aug 2006 the divisions (this is for all-star teams) will go by age not grade. As of now it is grade and age. For example 2nd grade and under is mini (or mini prep) 4th grade and under is pee-wee (or mini) 6th grade and under is youth (or Junior prep) and then the divisions go novice,intermediate,advance ,Elite ......... What those divisions do is decide what your team can preform as far a level of difficulty for example in a novice division you can not do back tucks but you can do back handsprings. there is going to be a division this year for non tumblers.
And as far as small and large a small team is 20 members and under and a large is 21-35 memebers some competitions will even have a medium if there is that many teams in a division to keep it fair.
Hope this explained things a bit and not confuse even more!!!! :sunny:

Hey Ducklite you may want to check out other threads that list when the competions are there are some from Jan-April!!! :sunny:

ducklite said:
Thanks for the warning of when NOT to go to WDW! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Anne

Hmm this has got me thinking! Maybe we should say there are competitions going on anytime we want to go to disneyworld and then other people will avoid those times.......hmmmmm :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hmm this has got me thinking! Maybe we should say there are competitions going on anytime we want to go to disneyworld and then other people will avoid those times.......hmmmmm

Good idea!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

tnkrbell said:
We do a full routine!!! Let me tell you we LOVED it!! Sooo much fun.
We actually have only done this once and that was last year in Tampa but we found out that COA has parent division and so we will repreform our routine from Tampa. Its all for fun but Ill tell you it gives you way more respect to what these kids do and make it look so easy. :cheer2:

Dang that must have taken alot of work! but it does sound very fun. There are a couple of moms where my daughters go who would be a riot to do a routine with! who made up your routine?

Dang that must have taken alot of work! but it does sound very fun. There are a couple of moms where my daughters go who would be a riot to do a routine with! who made up your routine?

It is hard when its a bunch of old folks!!!! (moms and dads!!!) Its really a simple routine as far as what the kids do. :)The coaches make it up. :cheer2:
You should really find out if any of the competitions you all are doing do this. It is a great way of bonding and the kids just think its hilarious!
I would send you the wmv to show you if you want to see it it is 8.37mb.

tnkrbell said:
It is hard when its a bunch of old folks!!!! (moms and dads!!!) Its really a simple routine as far as what the kids do. :)The coaches make it up. :cheer2:
You should really find out if any of the competitions you all are doing do this. It is a great way of bonding and the kids just think its hilarious!
I would send you the wmv to show you if you want to see it it is 8.37mb.

I will have to check into that! I do have the list of the competitions they are planning on going too so at least I have a place to start.
I would love to see the wmv.

ok I sent it!! you should be getting it soon!!! HEE HEE!! You are going to laugh!! :cheer2:

tnkrbell said:
Hey Ducklite you may want to check out other threads that list when the competions are there are some from Jan-April!!! :sunny:

It's not that big of a deal to us anymore actually, as we live local and have AP's, so cheerleaders in the parks get too much, we'll leave and come back another day. The only park we ever really had a problem in was MGM back when they did the competitions there.

It was more a resort thing, any large group staying at a resort is just obnoxious to other guests. Cheerleaders just seem to be the worst of it, because they practice all day and night. We were at Sports one year, and they practiced in the courtyard outside our door from about 6:00am until close to midnight every day. They would be on teh buses cheering, in teh foodcourt cheering, it was obnoxious. I'm glad they have a healthy outlet for their energy, but not all of us give two hoots about teh Spartan's, or whoever their team of choice is. We also had problems with line cutting and such.

Anne

Has anyone gotten any more details regarding the competition 3/10-3/13/06?
I went to the varsity.com website and no info there was wondering if I am looking in the wrong place.

I just looked and the only thing it mentions is a national competiton and the dates no other info??!! I would call them directly if your squad has not got any info yet. The venue may be changing. That is what happend to us we were doing a competition this Jan at Seaworld but on the site it was blank come to find out the venue changed to Universal studios!!!! Which we are more excited about anyways!! :sunny:

The only info we have is the price and where the competitions will be held. I keep checking the Varsity web site also and I am wondering when the are going to post the packages!

Disneyxo...you are looking in the right place!!! :cheer2:

We will be there, me and dd11, dd14, both senior coed level four. They also did stunt group last two years, not sure about this year. This year they are attending with a new team as we have moved out of state.

This will be our FOURTH year for UCA nationals so any generic questions I might be able to help with. You usually start to get alot more info after you attend a regional qualifying competition in the fall.

We have been at Allstar Music twice and All Star Movies once. We never find out which allstar we are confirmed at until around February. Some of the squads do stay offsite to save money and some pay more to stay at caribbean beach. The girls from our squads are all required to go on the package (includes their park hopper, special party at MGM on Sunday night, transportation from airport, etc), alot of parents book their rooms separately as it winds up costing ALOT less. I always room with my girls.

All the squads compete twice, once in MGM at the Indian Jones stage, and once in the Milk House at Wide World of Sports.

Our coach is now also talking about attending Americheer nationals which I think are later in March or April at WDW.

MGM is very crowded with cheerleaders those four days, as they are all competing at least once at Indiana Jones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter