Who will be there for Cheerleading...

To all Cheer Moms and Dads (and Siblings, etc.) Are there any competitions in February? We were in WDW in Feb 05 and even traveled down with 2 squads on the plane and we were wondering if they will be there again this year. We will be there Feb 11- 18 and my DD is just "dying" to see the cheerleaders again.

As to ducklite's post....I found the cheerleaders to be wonderful. They were certainly excited during their practices but I saw no problem with them in the parks (a little crowded at MGM the day of competition) and am looking forward to seeing them again this year.

We feared our flight from NY to MCO was going to be noisy and such but was pleasently surprised. Cheerleaders are well disciplined and it showed in their behavior on and off the plane.

Good luck to all of those who are competing. If my DD keeps up with it they way she is right now I should be there in a few years.

Hi Drizzo67
Yes there is a competition called contest of champions Feb 25 and 26th!! :)
Thanks for all the kind words the girls really are great!!

grlzmom
11 and 14 on senior level 4??!!! WOW!!!! Tell them good job!! What team are they on?? We just had a choreographer from penn come to help our girls.

Thank you tnkrbell - It looks like we will miss it. Maybe we will catch it next year. Again thank you and good luck.

dennisnlisab96 said:
The only info we have is the price and where the competitions will be held. I keep checking the Varsity web site also and I am wondering when the are going to post the packages!

Disneyxo...you are looking in the right place!!! :cheer2:

I was kinda of hoping I was checking the wrong place and that the information was out there somewhere!

Drizzo67 said:
To all Cheer Moms and Dads (and Siblings, etc.) Are there any competitions in February? We were in WDW in Feb 05 and even traveled down with 2 squads on the plane and we were wondering if they will be there again this year. We will be there Feb 11- 18 and my DD is just "dying" to see the cheerleaders again.

As to ducklite's post....I found the cheerleaders to be wonderful. They were certainly excited during their practices but I saw no problem with them in the parks (a little crowded at MGM the day of competition) and am looking forward to seeing them again this year.

We feared our flight from NY to MCO was going to be noisy and such but was pleasently surprised. Cheerleaders are well disciplined and it showed in their behavior on and off the plane.

Good luck to all of those who are competing. If my DD keeps up with it they way she is right now I should be there in a few years.

Its nice to see a nice post about cheerleaders. I realize they can be loud at times but so can any group of kids or adults!
Good luck to your DD :)

disneyxo said:
Its nice to see a nice post about cheerleaders. I realize they can be loud at times but so can any group of kids or adults!
Good luck to your DD :)

I agree.

As I posted earlier in this thread, all 15 of our teams will be there. We are to be assigned a "host" from Varsity.com to handle our arrangements.

We have a large group of cheerleaders, coaches, staff, parents, grandparents, siblings, etc. that we usually travel together and occupy the majority of the hotel at our competitions in Dallas, Las Vegas, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Chattanooga, Chicago, Tampa, Orlando, etc....etc... :rolleyes:

Rumor has it, that we will have 2 choices in all three levels of resorts. I'll let you know when I do. :confused3

Best wishes for all Squads.

So when is everyones first competition?? Our first is Dec 10th and 11th these are both Regional competitions! Im really getting excited!! :cheer2:

As far as I can see no new information on the varsity website regarding the competition BUT we do have our airline tickets and will actually be there from 3/8-3/13/05.

Just checking in!!! :) We are so behind now because of Miss hurricane Wilma!! These poor kids are practicing everday now to catch up!!

dennisnlisab96 said:
Disney XO...We are arriving 3/9 and staying unitl 3/13. We have our tickets also but no other really info!!!

We were orginally going to come on the 9th but the air fare was much cheaper to fly a day earlier. I am not complaining cause it gives me an extra day at Disney but not to happy about daughter missing an extra day of school. I soooooooo want more info!!!!

tnkrbell said:
Just checking in!!! :) We are so behind now because of Miss hurricane Wilma!! These poor kids are practicing everday now to catch up!!

Glad you checked in!

Hi guys! There is new info on the Varsity site (at least for the All Star Competition). It gives the prices and event info. It looks very similar to last year. The hotel choices are the All Star and the CBR.

WANNABE@WDW said:
Hi guys! There is new info on the Varsity site (at least for the All Star Competition). It gives the prices and event info. It looks very similar to last year. The hotel choices are the All Star and the CBR.

thanks for letting us know, I am looking at it now! :earsgirl:

I really wish our squads were going to this competition also!! I would LOVE to have a Dis cheer parent meet!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter