Wilderness Lodge or Poly?

CBMom01

DIS Veteran
I’m goimg to try to book a bounce back trip for my son and i when I’m there in Dec.

Our one visit to Pop soured me on the value resorts (for our travel style anyway, no offense) so I’m going to try looking for deals Deluxe.

Poly has always been 2nd on the wishlist after Contemporary, but honestly WL looks nicer. Wonder what you all think.

I was planning a trip to the Poly, but, when WL came available, I changed my plans. I *love* WL, and if your going at Christmas, then there's no contest.

Both are great, do you want more of a rustic nature Feel or tropical laid back feel? Do you want convenience of the monorail? You can’t go wrong with either choice.

We prefer WL. It's much quieter and laid back. While I love the theming at Poly, I find it to be very loud and chaotic.

You really can't go wrong with either one as they are both great resorts. The Poly is and always will be my favorite, but I also love the WL.

WL is one of our favorite resorts and SO beautiful at Christmas! For us, hands down WL over Poly.

We love the Poly!! WL style is very common where I live, so I like to go for the opposite. BW, AKL and the Poly are theme's that I can not get at home.

The Poly's location is so great! We found the buses to be good, walking to the TTC is fantastic.

There are great food options at the Poly and monorail resort hopping is so easy and fun.

They Poly rooms are larger, more comfortable for us.

I would pick the Poly :)

I’m goimg to try to book a bounce back trip for my son and i when I’m there in Dec.

Our one visit to Pop soured me on the value resorts (for our travel style anyway, no offense) so I’m going to try looking for deals Deluxe.

Poly has always been 2nd on the wishlist after Contemporary, but honestly WL looks nicer. Wonder what you all think.
You are booking for Dec or booking the bounce back in Dec while you are at WDW on different trip?

We stayed at a poly dvc studio last year. This year we stayed at WL standard. I was worried about being at WL, but I liked it better than the Poly. The boat ride was so nice to MK. We did not have to share with other resorts or fold up the stroller. (But I hear at slower times you might get the smaller boats where you have to share or fold up stroller). The Poly just felt huge to me. I also did not like that a second floor room you would not get a balcony at Poly. Luckily we got a third floor. The QS was better to me at WL I didn't care for Poly QS menu. WL tends to me cheaper than Poly. I wish we could get WL again for our stay at thanksgiving but we are going to AKL. I did like the split bathroom in the Poly DVC studio.

We stayed at a poly dvc studio last year. This year we stayed at WL standard. I was worried about being at WL, but I liked it better than the Poly. The boat ride was so nice to MK. We did not have to share with other resorts or fold up the stroller. (But I hear at slower times you might get the smaller boats where you have to share or fold up stroller). The Poly just felt huge to me. I also did not like that a second floor room you would not get a balcony at Poly. Luckily we got a third floor. The QS was better to me at WL I didn't care for Poly QS menu. WL tends to me cheaper than Poly. I wish we could get WL again for our stay at thanksgiving but we are going to AKL. I did like the split bathroom in the Poly DVC studio.
All the DVC rooms at the Poly have a balcony on the 2nd floor. It is the hotel portion that does not have balconies on all 2nd floor rooms.
Denise

We love WL! It’s one of our faves. We like the rustic feel and the boat ride to MK.

We’ve stayed at The Poly around the holidays and loved the convenience of the monorail and walking to the TTC, as people have stated above. We had small children. The other dad in our group said he couldn’t imaging staying off monorail after our experience. Leaving MK, the line for the resort monorail always seemed the shortest by far. Also, you can walk to the GF from Poly and look at their gingerbread house, shop, etc. I also enjoyed being able to see the castle from various parts of the property, made it feel very Disney. I thought Kona Cafe was one of the best meals of our trip.

They are two completely different resorts, each themed perfectly. If you prefer rustic, quiet, nature type atmosphere, go with WL. If you like a more island themed, fun, family atmosphere, I’d suggest Poly. You can’t go wrong with either. I’d suggest watching YouTube videos, it will definitely help. Good luck deciding!

I think you'll be happy with WL. It will look beautiful for Christmas. And it is usually at a lower price point than Poly. I would assume Poly prices are crazy during this time of year, and the hotel room is incredibly basic for what they are charging.

I've stayed at both and I don't think you can go wrong at either. If you have small one's the monorail at the Poly does make it easier than the boat ( for me at least ). I also like at Poly that you can easily catch the Epcot monorail too which means 2 less bus lines I have to worry about.

I will say though, if you are going during the holiday season - Wilderness Lodge hands down. It's simply beautiful that time of year.

Stayed at both. DVC at Poly. We had one of our best trips ever at Wilderness Lodge over the 4th of July weekend. Our kids were young (4&8) and they loved the bunk beds at the WL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter