Will they honor tickets or require new ones?

My questions regards the limitation on out-of-state visitors. I have five-day hoppers that I bought before the closure. My concern is that they won't open up till after summer to out-of-state visitors, and I can't go after summer break. I don't understand at all why non-Californians can't go to the parks when we're able to go to Touch of Disney (and I am) and other things, but, as that's how things are, I really want to know how people with existing tickets who will still have access forbidden are going to be dealt with.
With Touch of Disney, DCA is acting essentially as an outdoor mall rather than as a theme park, and the resident restriction is only for theme parks, sporting events, and concerts. CA is trying to deter things that would draw thousands of out-of-staters (since people don't normally fly into CA to go to a mall) - and I doubt they were particularly thrilled with Disney hosting Touch of Disney. At the moment, it doesn't look like Disney has any interest in fighting that restriction.

My guess would be: if the resident restriction is still in place after the time that you can go, they'll probably allow you to ask for a refund. If I'm not mistaken, I think they've already issued refunds in some cases, at least for people who are currently out of the country.

I understand that, but the inconsistency is pretty glaring.

It is what it is. Again, MANY of our governors rules and restrictions have not made ANY sense, logically. As a CA resident, we are used to it by now, but I understand how to people outside the state, it seems ridiculous and contradictory.

The other thing is, the Taste of Disney doesn't, by its virtue, result in large numbers of people being together in the same small spaces. Almost none of the indoor gift shops are open, instead they have set up outdoor merchandise locations. The booths are mobile order and you just walk up to pick up your food and move along. There are no ride queues, ride vehicles with numerous people, or large line ups anywhere, which there will be once the parks fully open. I watched a walk through of DCA yesterday for the first day of ToD and it showed a very sparse DCA, with very few people and almost everything completely closed down.

If I'm being honest, what was offered did not in any way seem worth $75 per person. Food items were around $10 each on average, making that $25 dining card basically worthless if you actually show up hungry or plan to spend several hours there.

My questions regards the limitation on out-of-state visitors. I have five-day hoppers that I bought before the closure. My concern is that they won't open up till after summer to out-of-state visitors, and I can't go after summer break. I don't understand at all why non-Californians can't go to the parks when we're able to go to Touch of Disney (and I am) and other things, but, as that's how things are, I really want to know how people with existing tickets who will still have access forbidden are going to be dealt with.

I'm in Utah and in the same boat. I called yesterday and they refunded me with no fuss. We're going to go to Disneyworld next month instead with the money.

My families tickets were for last summer and would have expired last December. They extended them to Dec 2021 but it does not look feasible to go from Canada this summer (if even allowed) and as a teacher I can't go after summer. I wish they would extend again but realize this probably will not happen. Oh well, what can you do. Hope they at least continue to honor the value.

I'm in Utah and in the same boat. I called yesterday and they refunded me with no fuss. We're going to go to Disneyworld next month instead with the money.
Interestingly, we canceled our WDW April trip to go to ToD and then VGC reservations with hopes of guaranteed tickets for DLR in May

My families tickets were for last summer and would have expired last December. They extended them to Dec 2021 but it does not look feasible to go from Canada this summer (if even allowed) and as a teacher I can't go after summer. I wish they would extend again but realize this probably will not happen. Oh well, what can you do. Hope they at least continue to honor the value.

We also have the Canadian Resident tickets purchased in February of 2020. I think any extension will be tied to border closures. The longer it remains closed, the more argument there is for extending the pass deadline.

I know we have no idea how much tickets will cost when they open, but do you recall about how much you paid for the 5 day park hoppers? I can’t price it b/c they’re not selling them now. Thanks!

I know we have no idea how much tickets will cost when they open, but do you recall about how much you paid for the 5 day park hoppers? I can’t price it b/c they’re not selling them now. Thanks!

I want to say they were around $400.

We also have the Canadian Resident tickets purchased in February of 2020. I think any extension will be tied to border closures. The longer it remains closed, the more argument there is for extending the pass deadline.

We have Canadian resident tickets purchased as well and the earliest we are thinking we'd be able to go back is maybe November - that is a good 6 months from now and I do think a lot could change in that period of time compared to the amount that has changed in the last 6 months.

I figured that whatever we spent we would have as a credit even if our tickets expired - but it would be nice to be able to use them as they were 5 day PH with Maxpass so that is likely going to go up in price if we were to wait and go back next year and have to buy them over again.

I am going to wait and see for now and hopefully things improve - we might even book hotel and flight for last fall as we can always cancel if need be.

Stay safe everyone!

I bought mine from LMTC before the price increase, and I think they ran somewhere in the neighborhood of $315. But full price was, I think $370, again, BEFORE the price increase.

We have Canadian resident tickets purchased as well and the earliest we are thinking we'd be able to go back is maybe November - that is a good 6 months from now and I do think a lot could change in that period of time compared to the amount that has changed in the last 6 months.

I figured that whatever we spent we would have as a credit even if our tickets expired - but it would be nice to be able to use them as they were 5 day PH with Maxpass so that is likely going to go up in price if we were to wait and go back next year and have to buy them over again.

I am going to wait and see for now and hopefully things improve - we might even book hotel and flight for last fall as we can always cancel if need be.

Stay safe everyone!

This is exactly our thinking, although we're gearing up to stay at the DLH so can't quite book that yet. :)

I just looked up what I paid for the tickets we still have on our account. They were purchased from UT in 2/20 and due to expire 1/12/21. They are 4-day park hoppers with Maxpass Adult: $412.95 each.

Yes, out of state (former :P) AP, but I have 3 tickets sitting around (a 3 day child pass, but that "child" will be 11 by the time we're actually allowed in, instead of 9, like she was, and two adult 2-day tickets, all with Maxpass) that I bought from UT and GAT. Trying to be optimistic that we will be able to use those (though I don't know what they'll do with the Maxpass part - how I will miss Maxpass!) and at least that we would be able to apply the value to new tickets. Of course we usually have to BE there to do that, which is complicated being out of state. I'm sure they're thinking about all these things though, right??

Probably cross posting this on a few posts. Take it with a grain of salt for now, since CMs aren’t known for always being accurate.

Email response asking if they’ll be honoring already purchased tickets.

70105214-63A5-4C0C-B8A1-F6F866CA109E.png

Probably cross posting this on a few posts. Take it with a grain of salt for now, since CMs aren’t known for always being accurate.

Email response asking if they’ll be honoring already purchased tickets.

View attachment 565887

So unless I have this wrong...basically with reservations needed in advance if you want to get a credit for an 'old' ticket you'd have to pay for a new ticket in order make your ressie, then on the day you've reserved you show up, take your OLD ticket to the booth with your NEW ticket and have them somehow apply the price of the OLD ticket to your new ALREADY PAID FOR ticket. What a rigmarole! I don't see why that can't be done by phone, as long as both your new and old tickets are visible online.

And what if you aren't local? How are you going to upgrade your ticket 'at the ticket booth'?

So unless I have this wrong...basically with reservations needed in advance if you want to get a credit for an 'old' ticket you'd have to pay for a new ticket in order make your ressie, then on the day you've reserved you show up, take your OLD ticket to the booth with your NEW ticket and have them somehow apply the price of the OLD ticket to your new ALREADY PAID FOR ticket. What a rigmarole! I don't see why that can't be done by phone, as long as both your new and old tickets are visible online.

And what if you aren't local? How are you going to upgrade your ticket 'at the ticket booth'?
I don’t read it quite the same way. I think if you are able to make reservations before they expire, you don’t need to do anything about your ticket. That the tickets I already have CAN be used to make a reservation. As I’m a Californian, I should be able to use them before they expire.

But that if you aren’t able to use them before they expire, then you would need to bring them to the ticket window and pay the difference to whatever the new price is (which has always been their policy).

I will say I checked my tickets again this morning and the expiration date has been pushed out to Jan 2023. I’m guessing that the reservation system won’t still be in place by then, so I think the latter (needing to pay to upgrade) will be minimal.

This is one point Disney has been very consistent on, if your ticket is not expired (or has been extended per policy), it will be valid as long as you also have a theme park reservation.

As for the California resident requirement, all they need to do is require an address to make a reservation and require ID with matching address when you enter.

I can't see my UT tickets in the app, haven't been able to for weeks. I don't see any place for tickets on the Disneyland web site. Am I missing it? My original expiration date was 1/12/2022 so I am hoping to see the extended date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter