Will you get a stimulus check and how much?

I’ll get $1,700. I’m a single mom with a 12 year old son. I’m still working and don’t foresee that changing. My company of about 40,000 employees just went to full time work from home.

My daughter is 20 and lives on her own. She will get $1,200.

Do parents typically switch off on who can claim the dependent year to year? I wouldn't have thought so, but I think that would be those one off situations that are *relatively* rare. I have no idea though! I'm not an accountant.

But, if both can claim the dependent and split the tax benefit, then yes, they are privy to those details. If both parents are qualified to claim the dependent, you have to submit a copy of the decree.

It is extremely common.

In the song Kenny would've gotten $3200.

"...You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille
4 hungry children and a crop in the field
You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille :("

Sorry to hear you've had double the disruption. Hang in there!

LOL. Think it was a late night post! My comprehension skills were lacking!

We will not get any stimulus. We always file an extension so we have not filed this year. In 2018 DH got a bonus (based on company earnings) that pushed our income above the cutoff. In 2019 the bonus was not as large and we would have been below the cutoff. We also do not have any dependents we can claim.

We will not get any stimulus. We always file an extension so we have not filed this year. In 2018 DH got a bonus (based on company earnings) that pushed our income above the cutoff. In 2019 the bonus was not as large and we would have been below the cutoff. We also do not have any dependents we can claim.
They will then add the stimulus check to your tax credit for the 2021 taxes so you will get it then.

They will then add the stimulus check to your tax credit for the 2021 taxes so you will get it then.

We gotta wait 2 years? I mean we don't file 2021 taxes till 2022. That's two years.

I don't really care though because 2018 or 2019 we don't qualify. We just feel blessed to be in the position we are in. I feel for so many who are really being hurt by the current situation and pray everyone will be okay.

We gotta wait 2 years? I mean we don't file 2021 taxes till 2022. That's two years.

I don't really care though because 2018 or 2019 we don't qualify. We just feel blessed to be in the position we are in. I feel for so many who are really being hurt by the current situation and pray everyone will be okay.
Oops oh no meant to say 2020 taxes typo.

I’ll get $0, husband will get $1200. (We file separately for student loan reasons.)

It’s “good” I’m getting nothing- I’m still working. My husband will probably just put it towards his student loans, since my pay check can cover our living expenses.

I’ve been reading that’s it’s based off of your AGI and somewhere it said what line on your tax return you can find that number but I don’t remember where. My DD and her family are right on the fine line. Hope they can get it.
Based on my return it looks like 8b. "Subtract line 8a from line 7b. This is your adjusted gross income "

Says $1700 for me and DD since I do claim her. So since we've done our taxes already and she as always has to pay in, I will definitely pay her taxes if we do get this. And of course give her some of it.
You will get $500 for her only if she is 16yo or younger. If she is over 16 you will not get the $500 for her and she will not get a check since you claim her.

You will get $500 for her only if she is 16yo or younger. If she is over 16 you will not get the $500 for her and she will not get a check since you claim her.

Yeah on that table I got this from there was nothing about age of dependant or anything like that. But that's OK I'll still pay her taxes.

Yeah on that table I got this from there was nothing about age of dependant or anything like that. But that's OK I'll still pay her taxes.
I only knew this because I have a very similar situation to yours... I still claim my son as a dependant and he's over 16 so I won't get the $500 and he won't get the $1200

It's 16 and under.

We won't receive anything, neither will our 18 year old who lost her job because of this. She's in that age gap that is falling through the cracks.

It's 16 and under.

We won't receive anything, neither will our 18 year old who lost her job because of this. She's in that age gap that is falling through the cracks.
You are correct. We have two in this ‘crack’. Our 19yo lost her job because of this. She’s applying for unemployment (have no idea if she will be eligible) but she should get the stimulus check like other working Americans. My 17yo has not lost her job and since she works at target, I don’t expect she will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter