Windsor Hills Information Station

Would you perfer that the new WHIS 2.0 be removed from WHIS or left tide to the orginal tread?

• Keep WHIS 2.0 with orginal thread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move WHIS 2.0 to it's own thread

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • End WHIS 1.0 & 2.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just booked our first offsite stay since 2008 for next June. We will be there for 2 weeks and plan multiple park dates and lots of pool time.

This trip is to replace DS and his GF graduation trip to London we have been planning for 2 years. They chose this and we will hopefully make up their real trip in 2022. The GF has never been and her mom and brother haven’t either so we invited everyone :love:

Lots of new COVID stuff to learn now but excited to have a solid plan in place.

Just booked our first offsite stay since 2008 for next June. We will be there for 2 weeks and plan multiple park dates and lots of pool time.

This trip is to replace DS and his GF graduation trip to London we have been planning for 2 years. They chose this and we will hopefully make up their real trip in 2022. The GF has never been and her mom and brother haven’t either so we invited everyone :love:

Lots of new COVID stuff to learn now but excited to have a solid plan in place.

What a great gift for everyone! Let us know if you have any questions. It will be a great trip 👍

I’s a shame that 2020 did so much disruption with so many graduation plans this year. Missing out on a planned trip to London must have been hard to except, but a 2 week vacation in central FL with family may soften the disappointment. Now keep things in perspective, come on 2022!
G’day
Pulsar

I recently returned from staying at Windsor Hills for a few weeks in our townhome. As soon as I left, I missed it! I've already booked a couple weeks in January and am contemplating staying a month. This is not good for getting more bookings :laughing: But I have to say that I am so glad that I've been able to visit every few months during this pandemic. I love to grab my morning coffee and take a walk around the community with my family, especially when the Sandhill Cranes are walking around. And even with the pandemic, we've been able to meet people - at a distance - and chat outside for a few minutes. We'll head to a park for a few hours and bring back treats then relax in the pool and watch a movie. I've also been able to work remotely and it's been very convenient. Our guests have been great and while it isn't the pre-pandemic back-to-back bookings, everyone has been so happy to get away and enjoy.
Hi, would you mind if I pm you with some questions about owning in this neighborhood?

I just booked a townhouse in June at Windsor Hills on VRBO (we usually stay at Pop). Once I booked, I received the address and it looks like the property is a pending sale according to Zillow. I am now worried about my booking being later cancelled. I got a great deal (less than $900 out the door for 9 nights), and the listing just posted for that price this morning, so I am assuming the new owners are planning to rent it out. Anyone ever been in a similar situation? We had to cancel our trip this year, so just a bit apprehensive about this booking.

I just booked a townhouse in June at Windsor Hills on VRBO (we usually stay at Pop). Once I booked, I received the address and it looks like the property is a pending sale according to Zillow. I am now worried about my booking being later cancelled. I got a great deal (less than $900 out the door for 9 nights), and the listing just posted for that price this morning, so I am assuming the new owners are planning to rent it out. Anyone ever been in a similar situation? We had to cancel our trip this year, so just a bit apprehensive about this booking.
Hi there! I am a townhome owner and I’m familiar with this situation. You‘ll want to check your contract. There should be a section regarding cancellations by the property manager (or owner.) If it is a management company, they typically have several units they manage at Windsor Hills and if they have to cancel they will find you equal accommodations or better. That could also mean putting you in a house rather than a townhome. But it all depends on how many units they manage and what is available. There should also be information in the contract that states what you will be reimbursed if they cannot find you equal accommodations. It is very important to check the contract. And I believe VRBO has a 48 hour cancel for any reason policy with full refund. At least my townhome does! So it may be worth it to cancel and look at some other townhomes.

When a property sells, the new owner has the option to keep or get rid of the management company and keep or not keep the reservations. It really is a mixed bag so if the townhome does sell there is a chance your reservation could be canceled.

And from an insider, reservations are picking up but they are not near the pre-pandemic levels yet so you probably have more choice now and more time to make a decision than in previous years.

Hi there! I am a townhome owner and I’m familiar with this situation. You‘ll want to check your contract. There should be a section regarding cancellations by the property manager (or owner.) If it is a management company, they typically have several units they manage at Windsor Hills and if they have to cancel they will find you equal accommodations or better. That could also mean putting you in a house rather than a townhome. But it all depends on how many units they manage and what is available. There should also be information in the contract that states what you will be reimbursed if they cannot find you equal accommodations. It is very important to check the contract. And I believe VRBO has a 48 hour cancel for any reason policy with full refund. At least my townhome does! So it may be worth it to cancel and look at some other townhomes.

When a property sells, the new owner has the option to keep or get rid of the management company and keep or not keep the reservations. It really is a mixed bag so if the townhome does sell there is a chance your reservation could be canceled.

And from an insider, reservations are picking up but they are not near the pre-pandemic levels yet so you probably have more choice now and more time to make a decision than in previous years.
Thank you so much for your advice and input! Yes, the management company manages several properties (and I was secretly hoping to get upgraded to a house). I can get a 100% refund from VRBO if I cancel by April, but the management company sent over a booking form claiming the deposit is non-refundable (haven't signed it yet). I will email them for more info.

So we went through Airbnb and it has a 24 hour before check in full cancellation policy. I'm more worried with the host cancelling on me!

Are there any fishing spots within Windsor Hills? How about close by? This would just be for the kids who like to fish off land/docks. Thanks!

So we went through Airbnb and it has a 24 hour before check in full cancellation policy. I'm more worried with the host cancelling on me!

It is not typical for a host to cancel! There are penalties by the property management company and by the site you book thru. The situation I described above is when someone is selling their property (successfully) and only if the new owner doesn't take the bookings. If you have the address of the place, you can do a search like jessiegirl1982 to see if it is for sale. But this isn't a typical scenario you'll face with any short-term rental. You'll face these situations as much as you would at hotels that close temporarily or partially for remodeling.

Check your contract for the cancellation policy. The best remedy is to identify all the 'worst' ways your vacation could be ruined and have a back up plan. Typically nothing happens but if it does, you'll have already gone thru the worst in your head and you'll be prepared.

It is not typical for a host to cancel! There are penalties by the property management company and by the site you book thru. The situation I described above is when someone is selling their property (successfully) and only if the new owner doesn't take the bookings. If you have the address of the place, you can do a search like jessiegirl1982 to see if it is for sale. But this isn't a typical scenario you'll face with any short-term rental. You'll face these situations as much as you would at hotels that close temporarily or partially for remodeling.

Check your contract for the cancellation policy. The best remedy is to identify all the 'worst' ways your vacation could be ruined and have a back up plan. Typically nothing happens but if it does, you'll have already gone thru the worst in your head and you'll be prepared.
Phew. Thank you. I checked the address and not finding anything about it being for sale. We def have a worst case scenario back up plan! We are so excited and need this getaway so bad! Just remaining cautious Bc this world is crazy right now. But planning as normal and happy to have this board to ask questions.

Are there any fishing spots within Windsor Hills? How about close by? This would just be for the kids who like to fish off land/docks. Thanks!

There is no fishing at Windsor Hills. The lake in the community is home to Sir Windsor so only that gator is allowed to fish in the lake :) If you spot him, take lots of photos because even owners that have been there from the start have never seen him!

Disney's Port Orleans Riverside resort has dockside fishing and poles for rent although I am not sure if the resort or the fishing option is open right now so you'll need to check when you get there for the latest information. Disney's Fort Wilderness also had dockside fishing but I'm not sure if they offer it any longer and again, you'd need to check to see if it was open.

There are a couple places within 20 to 30 minutes from WH that other owners go to fish - Shingle Creek Regional Park and Lake Louisa State Park. I found your question very interesting because I love to fish and I haven't been yet in Florida! So I've put the question out to other owners and if I get more feedback, I'll post it here!

Let us know if you do go fishing and what you thought of it!

There is no fishing at Windsor Hills. The lake in the community is home to Sir Windsor so only that gator is allowed to fish in the lake :) If you spot him, take lots of photos because even owners that have been there from the start have never seen him!

Disney's Port Orleans Riverside resort has dockside fishing and poles for rent although I am not sure if the resort or the fishing option is open right now so you'll need to check when you get there for the latest information. Disney's Fort Wilderness also had dockside fishing but I'm not sure if they offer it any longer and again, you'd need to check to see if it was open.

There are a couple places within 20 to 30 minutes from WH that other owners go to fish - Shingle Creek Regional Park and Lake Louisa State Park. I found your question very interesting because I love to fish and I haven't been yet in Florida! So I've put the question out to other owners and if I get more feedback, I'll post it here!

Let us know if you do go fishing and what you thought of it!
Thanks for all of this! We will certainly be on the lookout for Sir Windsor - my kids will love to keep looking :)

Thanks for all of this! We will certainly be on the lookout for Sir Windsor - my kids will love to keep looking :)

Another fishing suggestion from a fellow owner-
Kissimmee Lakefront Park is perfect for this. Big Toho Marina is located in the park and sells bait and tackle. The park is really well done. You can fish the entire length of the wall and there are public restrooms and a playground. Kissimmee Lakefront Park - Big Toho Marina is located in the park and sells bait and tackle.

Is there a snack bar/restaurant in the pool area for snacks and adult beverages? I skimmed the thread, but didn't see anything.

Is there a snack bar/restaurant in the pool area for snacks and adult beverages? I skimmed the thread, but didn't see anything.

In addition to the marketplace at the clubhouse, you are also able to bring your own snacks and beverages to the pool area. Many guests arrange for Walmart or Amazon Prime grocery delivery. Walmart has beer and wine but I'm not sure about Amazon Prime. These companies deliver frequently to the resort and they are able to get into the resort without any additional work on your part :)

In addition to the marketplace at the clubhouse, you are also able to bring your own snacks and beverages to the pool area. Many guests arrange for Walmart or Amazon Prime grocery delivery. Walmart has beer and wine but I'm not sure about Amazon Prime. These companies deliver frequently to the resort and they are able to get into the resort without any additional work on your part :)
So they don’t frown upon bringing your own “adult” beverages to the pool (assuming no glass)?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter