Windsor Hills Information Station

Would you perfer that the new WHIS 2.0 be removed from WHIS or left tide to the orginal tread?

• Keep WHIS 2.0 with orginal thread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move WHIS 2.0 to it's own thread

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • End WHIS 1.0 & 2.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So they don’t frown upon bringing your own “adult” beverages to the pool (assuming no glass)?!?

Technically they only allow paper and plastic at the pool and food and beverages must remain 3 feet from the pool edge. I have never seen anyone have an issue with an aluminum can however I usually put my beverage in a large plastic reusable bottle which works well.

Is there a snack bar/restaurant in the pool area for snacks and adult beverages? I skimmed the thread, but didn't see anything.
Thank you for asking this question! It should have been covered in OP2, but it was not there. Turns out there were several Clubhouse areas missing. OP2 has received a major update and hopefully it will be more informative now.

G'day
Pulsar

We arrive later in the day on Xmas. Will we have luck finding close by restaurants that are open for dinner/takeout?

We arrive later in the day on Xmas. Will we have luck finding close by restaurants that are open for dinner/takeout?

Definitely! You can go to Disney resort restaurants (make sure to have a reservation so you can access those resorts though.) You could also go to Disney Springs but be aware that if the parking lots are full, they will turn you away. This happened to me but luckily I have a credit card with Hilton benefits so I parked at the HIlton Lake Buena Vista and was able to get my parking there reimbursed (~$20.) A better option is to take an Uber or Lyft there since they can still pick up and drop off.

There are lots of restaurants very close by on 192 from chain restaurants to unique to the area restaurants. Given that it is Xmas day you want to go, I would call them before you head over to make sure they can accommodate your party. Sunset Walk near Margaritaville has a variety of unique restaurants like the Ford restaurant, a British restaurant, a Mexican restaurant, and others.

Definitely! You can go to Disney resort restaurants (make sure to have a reservation so you can access those resorts though.) You could also go to Disney Springs but be aware that if the parking lots are full, they will turn you away. This happened to me but luckily I have a credit card with Hilton benefits so I parked at the HIlton Lake Buena Vista and was able to get my parking there reimbursed (~$20.) A better option is to take an Uber or Lyft there since they can still pick up and drop off.

There are lots of restaurants very close by on 192 from chain restaurants to unique to the area restaurants. Given that it is Xmas day you want to go, I would call them before you head over to make sure they can accommodate your party. Sunset Walk near Margaritaville has a variety of unique restaurants like the Ford restaurant, a British restaurant, a Mexican restaurant, and others.
Thanks for your response. We also have a Hilton credit card....had no idea about being able to park and get reimbursed. Can you tell me about the reimburse process?

Thanks for your response. We also have a Hilton credit card....had no idea about being able to park and get reimbursed. Can you tell me about the reimburse process?

I have the Hilton AMEX Aspire card which has a $250 Hilton hotel credit per year. The Hilton Lake Buena Vista is one of the Hilton hotels that counts toward that credit. When you enter the parking lot, you take a ticket (there is no one manning the lot.) When you leave, you use the ticket and enter a credit card to pay. I used my AMEX Hilton card and the credit is automatically applied on my statement.

The Hilton Orlando Buena Vista (or something like that!) is the other Hilton in walking distance but they remained closed in October. I think their parking fee may be slightly less and they are a bit closer walking distance so I would have parked there if they were open.

We happened to go in October on a Saturday night about 5:30 pm and the garages at Disney springs were closed off and police were directing cars back to the street. Around 7:30 pm, the garages were opened back up though. I know better as a frequent visitor than to arrive at 5:30 pm but my family was not cooperating. Of course, they listen to me now when I say we have to leave by 4pm for Disney Springs on a Saturday :)

Luckily we don't have to worry about traffic going from Windsor Hills to Disney! I love driving up World Center to East Buena Vista and seeing the skyliner and all the Disney hotels. Ever since the Disney buses put in that new system to Disney Springs it has relieved the traffic for the cars and its so easy to pop on over there!

And who doesn't LOVE coming back to WH from Disney? It's my favorite thing when I'm taking the 192 exit from World Drive and being able to bypass the red light for the others on 192. Easy peasy to merge to the left without all the oncoming traffic to make a left at Old Lake Wilson Rd. Well, now I need to go back :mickeyjum

I have the Hilton AMEX Aspire card which has a $250 Hilton hotel credit per year. The Hilton Lake Buena Vista is one of the Hilton hotels that counts toward that credit. When you enter the parking lot, you take a ticket (there is no one manning the lot.) When you leave, you use the ticket and enter a credit card to pay. I used my AMEX Hilton card and the credit is automatically applied on my statement.

The Hilton Orlando Buena Vista (or something like that!) is the other Hilton in walking distance but they remained closed in October. I think their parking fee may be slightly less and they are a bit closer walking distance so I would have parked there if they were open.

We happened to go in October on a Saturday night about 5:30 pm and the garages at Disney springs were closed off and police were directing cars back to the street. Around 7:30 pm, the garages were opened back up though. I know better as a frequent visitor than to arrive at 5:30 pm but my family was not cooperating. Of course, they listen to me now when I say we have to leave by 4pm for Disney Springs on a Saturday :)

Luckily we don't have to worry about traffic going from Windsor Hills to Disney! I love driving up World Center to East Buena Vista and seeing the skyliner and all the Disney hotels. Ever since the Disney buses put in that new system to Disney Springs it has relieved the traffic for the cars and its so easy to pop on over there!

And who doesn't LOVE coming back to WH from Disney? It's my favorite thing when I'm taking the 192 exit from World Drive and being able to bypass the red light for the others on 192. Easy peasy to merge to the left without all the oncoming traffic to make a left at Old Lake Wilson Rd. Well, now I need to go back :mickeyjum
So helpful! Especially to visualize all of this. We have never driven in the area at all. I can't wait to be there for a good amount of time and get our bearings! And, just popped on to Open Table to check availability at restaurants on Christmas and there are a ton!

We just got back a few weeks ago from our third trip to Windsor Hills. We have stayed in a townhouse and condo in the past. This trip was our first time renting a 4 bedroom pool house and we loved it! It was so nice to sit out by the pool in the morning and have coffee and breakfast before heading out for the day. Our evening was spent swimming and relaxing in our own hot tub. I'm not sure I can go back to cramming my large family in hotel rooms. We are now spoiled!!

The new Walmart down the road was so convenient to do online pickup. I ordered groceries a few days before the start of our trip and scheduled pickup for when we arrived at the house. It was so nice to not have to waste precious vacation time grocery shopping.

We stayed in a condo there in 2014 and we saw the local gator from our balcony overlooking the lake early in the morning. It was something we looked forward to each day 😂
image.jpeg

Recommendations for a reliable car service that can pick us up at Epcot on NYE? Or one of the nearby hotels? I don’t want to deal with finding an Uber/lyft that night. I am not familiar with the rules right now about pick up/drop off.

Recommendations for a reliable car service that can pick us up at Epcot on NYE? Or one of the nearby hotels? I don’t want to deal with finding an Uber/lyft that night. I am not familiar with the rules right now about pick up/drop off.

Bill Murphy - You need to join his Facebook group - Disney Vacation! To Florida and Beyond! - & PM him.

I haven’t used his service but he’s recommended by other WH visitors. I’m on his FB page & everyone’s always commenting on the great service they get.

Can you have a stroller delivered to a condo you're staying at in Windsor hills? We typically stay on property and have a stroller delivered to us there so I was curious how it works with Windsor hills!?

Can you have a stroller delivered to a condo you're staying at in Windsor hills? We typically stay on property and have a stroller delivered to us there so I was curious how it works with Windsor hills!?

Some condos/homes have a stroller within the unit to use while you are a guest. And some owners and property managers will also coordinate the stroller delivery for you and have it waiting for you upon arrival or have a special code to use. Reach out to the owner and/or property manager to find out what they offer.
If you do need to arrange it yourself, there are vendors that are set up in the WH security system you can use or if you use one that isn't on the list already, notify the guardhouse if you are on property or notify the owner in advance so they can add them to the security list for entrance to the community. With any vendor, you'll want to confirm they will leave the stroller without you being there if that's a requirement.

With all that preamble :) Kingdom strollers is a preregistered vendor and they will leave the stroller at the door without you needing to answer the door (always confirm when you arrange it as their policies may change.)

Some condos/homes have a stroller within the unit to use while you are a guest. And some owners and property managers will also coordinate the stroller delivery for you and have it waiting for you upon arrival or have a special code to use. Reach out to the owner and/or property manager to find out what they offer.
If you do need to arrange it yourself, there are vendors that are set up in the WH security system you can use or if you use one that isn't on the list already, notify the guardhouse if you are on property or notify the owner in advance so they can add them to the security list for entrance to the community. With any vendor, you'll want to confirm they will leave the stroller without you being there if that's a requirement.

With all that preamble :) Kingdom strollers is a preregistered vendor and they will leave the stroller at the door without you needing to answer the door (always confirm when you arrange it as their policies may change.)
Thank you so much! I will reach out to the owner today! We've also used kingdom strollers plenty so that's good to know they are one of the vendors!

Help me settle a discussion with a friend... when looking for your vacation house, how important is it to have Disney Themed rooms? Does that outrank an updated kitchen? Are there circumstances where a themed kids room could work against the host - such as gender specific theming (princess room, star wars, Marvel)?

For purpose of discussion, assume that all other variables are the same (location, pricing etc)

Help me settle a discussion with a friend... when looking for your vacation house, how important is it to have Disney Themed rooms? Does that outrank an updated kitchen? Are there circumstances where a themed kids room could work against the host - such as gender specific theming (princess room, star wars, Marvel)?

For purpose of discussion, assume that all other variables are the same (location, pricing etc)
Well, I am not entirely impartial to your question ;). IMO an owner would appeal to a wider audience by not incorporating Disney into the entire house. I personally prefer the more modern updated home, and I have a hard pass on any place with a 10+ year old TV (such a simple upgrade). Even though I have a 2 and 6 year old, and am as "Disney freak" according to DH, I still would prefer a more neutral, modern looking home. My son would be not happy to stay in a princess room, and while my daughter would love it, you might risk alienating some potential renters. There are plenty of people who travel without kids, and those like me that have a boy and a girl that have to a share a room on vacation.

Well, I am not entirely impartial to your question ;). IMO an owner would appeal to a wider audience by not incorporating Disney into the entire house. I personally prefer the more modern updated home, and I have a hard pass on any place with a 10+ year old TV (such a simple upgrade). Even though I have a 2 and 6 year old, and am as "Disney freak" according to DH, I still would prefer a more neutral, modern looking home. My son would be not happy to stay in a princess room, and while my daughter would love it, you might risk alienating some potential renters. There are plenty of people who travel without kids, and those like me that have a boy and a girl that have to a share a room on vacation.

That was my thoughts. My friend and I are each purchasing (separately - two different houses) and he keeps talking about theming and I would rather spend my money on stainless appliances and new/large TVs. I plan on purchasing convenience items such as a pack and play and strollers. I think higher quality bedding and towels wont attract new guests (because you cant see them in the photos) but will encourage return guests.

Next question: The "kids" room has two twin beds in the 3 bedroom townhouse. Should I upgrade to full beds? It makes the room much more crowded but OTOH, I think it makes the house more marketable to families with three adult couples or a family with large teens.

On the issue of deliveries is/are there companies contracted to deliver wheelchairs? We will need one for my mom and prefer to rent offsite. The Disney one's are not in the best condition and we had a couple doozies last time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter