Windsor Hills Information Station

Would you perfer that the new WHIS 2.0 be removed from WHIS or left tide to the orginal tread?

• Keep WHIS 2.0 with orginal thread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move WHIS 2.0 to it's own thread

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • End WHIS 1.0 & 2.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That was my thoughts. My friend and I are each purchasing (separately - two different houses) and he keeps talking about theming and I would rather spend my money on stainless appliances and new/large TVs. I plan on purchasing convenience items such as a pack and play and strollers. I think higher quality bedding and towels wont attract new guests (because you cant see them in the photos) but will encourage return guests.

Next question: The "kids" room has two twin beds in the 3 bedroom townhouse. Should I upgrade to full beds? It makes the room much more crowded but OTOH, I think it makes the house more marketable to families with three adult couples or a family with large teens.
The bed upgrade wouldn’t make a difference to us, but it would probably be a better move overall since you could “up” the capacity of the unit. If my kids were older, they would definitely appreciate bigger beds.

That was my thoughts. My friend and I are each purchasing (separately - two different houses) and he keeps talking about theming and I would rather spend my money on stainless appliances and new/large TVs. I plan on purchasing convenience items such as a pack and play and strollers. I think higher quality bedding and towels wont attract new guests (because you cant see them in the photos) but will encourage return guests.

Next question: The "kids" room has two twin beds in the 3 bedroom townhouse. Should I upgrade to full beds? It makes the room much more crowded but OTOH, I think it makes the house more marketable to families with three adult couples or a family with large teens.

What I notice that's hard to find in the townhouses is all three bedrooms set up for adults/couples. I was having this problem on one trip, no little kids for the twin beds, needed at least 3 fulls. What I did see in some homes which I appreciated was a bunk bed where it was a full on the bottom, and twin on the top. A lot of people travel without kids and it's hard to find ones without little kid theming. Allows flexibility. Could be a couple (that use just the bottom bed) or two kids.

What I notice that's hard to find in the townhouses is all three bedrooms set up for adults/couples. I was having this problem on one trip, no little kids for the twin beds, needed at least 3 fulls. What I did see in some homes which I appreciated was a bunk bed where it was a full on the bottom, and twin on the top. A lot of people travel without kids and it's hard to find ones without little kid theming. Allows flexibility. Could be a couple (that use just the bottom bed) or two kids.

That's where my thought was. I think bigger beds - to accommodate adults or larger kids (my 18 year old has been 6'4, 250+ for years) would be more of an attraction than the extra floor space you get with smaller beds. I did tour a unit that had a twin over full bunk bed and a full bed next to it. There wasn't a lot of extra walking space in the room but seemed the most flexible arrangement.

Can I have Amazon packages shipped to the rental?

Yes - as long as it isn't USPS (which Amazon doesn't use but third parties on Amazon might.) The postal service does not deliver to residences at WH, only to some long-term residents that have PO Boxes onsite. But FedEx, Amazon Prime, and UPS are all frequent visitors to the resort and are able to enter when needed - no pre-registration needed.

I have used Amazon Prime deliver and can vouch for it - and it is quick!

On the issue of deliveries is/are there companies contracted to deliver wheelchairs? We will need one for my mom and prefer to rent offsite. The Disney one's are not in the best condition and we had a couple doozies last time.

There are several companies that rent wheelchairs in the area and will drop-off & pick-up the wheelchair. I do not have any personal experience nor can I pass on any (we brought our own wheelchair when we needed one) but I'd recommend calling Buena Visa Scooters which has a good reputation.

I struggled with this because I love Disney but I didn't want to be immersed in red, black, and yellow on my vacations or a princess room (and I love princesses!) We remodeled our townhome last year after we bought it and we chose modern decor and themed each room subtly. For the most themed bedroom, I settled on classic Star Wars because everyone in my extended family loves it (crosses ages, genders, etc.) I also wanted other things in the room than a bunch of beds so we put in a twin over full and then added the chair which pulls out to a twin sized bed. This is my daughter's room when we visit and she loves the full sized bed. Here's a photo of half the bedroom with the beds-

SW room.jpg

I struggled with this because I love Disney but I didn't want to be immersed in red, black, and yellow on my vacations or a princess room (and I love princesses!) We remodeled our townhome last year after we bought it and we chose modern decor and themed each room subtly. For the most themed bedroom, I settled on classic Star Wars because everyone in my extended family loves it (crosses ages, genders, etc.) I also wanted other things in the room than a bunch of beds so we put in a twin over full and then added the chair which pulls out to a twin sized bed. This is my daughter's room when we visit and she loves the full sized bed. Here's a photo of half the bedroom with the beds-

View attachment 544332
Yes, this is exactly what I was talking about :) This looks fantastic.

As a renter, to me, updated features are more important when I rent a house! If I want themed rooms, I can go to a disney hotel but when we stay off property, I love a more updated feel!

I agree - I want an updated feel! To me, it also feels more clean. And even Disney resorts don't have over the top themed rooms of Disney characters. I can't even tell you how happy it makes me to hang out at this place. My husband is a contractor and he really thought about details like the one level counter - it makes it so much easier to push our dishes to the sink, talk to each other, and see the TV! He also put in the prettiest backsplash that when you turn on the over the oven light at night, it sparkles. I wake up early and it is so nice to see this 'night light' lead the way to the coffee maker :) I'm so excited to go in a couple weeks and enjoy some sunshine!

FL Kitchen.jpgFL Living area.jpg

View attachment 544332

See, that is subtle and gender neutral. It turned out very well. I hadn't thought about the chair/twin idea but I am stealing!

I agree - I want an updated feel! To me, it also feels more clean. And even Disney resorts don't have over the top themed rooms of Disney characters. I can't even tell you how happy it makes me to hang out at this place. My husband is a contractor and he really thought about details like the one level counter - it makes it so much easier to push our dishes to the sink, talk to each other, and see the TV! He also put in the prettiest backsplash that when you turn on the over the oven light at night, it sparkles. I wake up early and it is so nice to see this 'night light' lead the way to the coffee maker :) I'm so excited to go in a couple weeks and enjoy some sunshine!

View attachment 544344View attachment 544345

I want to tour your house so badly. I really want to check out your laundry and bathroom remodels

See, that is subtle and gender neutral. It turned out very well. I hadn't thought about the chair/twin idea but I am stealing!

It isn't stealing...It's a best practice :)

I want to tour your house so badly. I really want to check out your laundry and bathroom remodels

I'll be there Jan 8 - 18. So if anyone is at WH during that time, I'll be around. I usually take a morning walk around the community - complete with my Disney resort mug :hyper2:

It isn't stealing...It's a best practice :)

I'll be there Jan 8 - 18. So if anyone is at WH during that time, I'll be around. I usually take a morning walk around the community - complete with my Disney resort mug :hyper2:

I'll PM you if i can make it down so you can leave my name at the gate...if you don't mind. I won't be an owner until late January and you won't be there tomorrow for my home inspection.

Our rental says the pool heat will be set to about 87. That sound about right to feel comfortable in December weather? I do not know my pool temp levels!

Our rental says the pool heat will be set to about 87. That sound about right to feel comfortable in December weather? I do not know my pool temp levels!

Yes, that is nice and toasty for December! Many keep it at low to mid-80s. I like it in the high 80s in the colder months but low to mid-80s is perfectly acceptable also.

Enjoy!

View attachment 544344View attachment 544345
Gorgeous 🤩

Is the check in process for all guests/renters the same? Can someone please explain the process so we know what to expect? We just keep being told a door code will be emailed to us on the day of check in. Thanks!

Oh no - I see that the unit we rented is listed for sale! I'm worried now that showings might happen while we are there. Advice?

Is the check in process for all guests/renters the same? Can someone please explain the process so we know what to expect? We just keep being told a door code will be emailed to us on the day of check in. Thanks!

Each condo/townhome/home is individually owned and managed. You will need to get your specific instructions from the company/individual you rented from to enter the home but many have locks with a code that you are given prior to arrival.

One thing that is the same is guest registration and entering the community:
1. Home owner enters guest information (names of people driving vehicles) prior to arrival.
2. QR code email sent to guest (note - if this isn't sent to you but the owner registered you, all is ok!)
3. Enter via Old Lake Wilson Road and use the left lane for first time guest entry.
4. Show the gate attendant your drivers license & email or paper QR code.
5. Gate attendant takes your license & if you have it, the paper or your phone, to the computer to verity and enter your data.
6. Gate attendant will give you back your items plus a gate pass to use during your stay.
7. Use the paper pass to access the community for the rest of your stay.
8. When re-entering, use the right lane for returning guests and scan your pass at the machine which will open the gate. Sometimes a gate attendant will assist with scanning so don't be concerned if they are standing there waiting to help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter