Winter Olympics

Been watching on NBC via Tivo, and the last parts keep getting cut off. So the Silver medal Japanese skater was last? Will have to find that online. So glad Nathan redeemed himself.

I enjoy Tara and Johnny! At least they have some liveliness. When Bode Miller starts talking I immediately fall asleep.

Our new favorite sport is Snowboard Cross. Such madness.

Been watching on NBC via Tivo, and the last parts keep getting cut off. So the Silver medal Japanese skater was last? Will have to find that online. So glad Nathan redeemed himself.

I enjoy Tara and Johnny! At least they have some liveliness. When Bode Miller starts talking I immediately fall asleep.

Our new favorite sport is Snowboard Cross. Such madness.
:lmao: I know, right!! Can't wait though, until they make this an Olympic sport:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crashed_Ice

:headache: Ouch...that hurt! Team Sweden's Edin just beat Canada's Koe. Both teams were 4-0 going in and are clearly the class of the field. We'll most likely meet again in the gold medal round and frankly, I'm nervous. :scared:

I have to say that I completely disagree with you on that. I love his personality and I find him entertaining and funny. I also think he's shown a lot of bravery coming out as gay in one of the most homophobic careers of figure skating. He's worked hard to get where he is now and from my friend who has met him in real life, he's apparently the sweetest guy. I'm a big fan!
He is the nicest guy and a very hard worker.

I've been watching curling at every level from local rec league to national/world championships and Olympics since I was a child; I literally cannot ever remember anyone being accused of doing that. And a burned rock is a burned rock - wouldn't really matter to the outcome if it had been done deliberately.

I've curled for almost 40 years at different levels and while it doesn't happen often, I've seen if done. My point was simply that it shouldn't be the players making the call, it should be the official.

And Tara giggling with delight when one of the skaters does a great move, or overstating the obvious -- "he has to skate clean." duh. And don't get me started on Johnny Weird. I really wish NBC would get better commentators -- more of Scott Hamilton for starters.

They don't bother me too much but I do prefer Scott Hamilton. I just wish he did more actual event commentating rather than the hour of Olympic Ice. That part really grates on me.

:eek: You know nothing of bad days, Red. The Canadian women's curling team is 0-3! What.Is.Happening?!!
crying-canadian.png

I took pity and sent word to the US women's team to "let" Canada win the latest match. :D

I recommend watching all of the events through the live stream as opposed to the disjointed coverage that NBC broadcasts! Figure skating was far more enjoyable that way- I could actually see all of the skaters and they all got attention as opposed to just the Americans.

Sure, if you let me bring a noodle casserole to your next chic dinner party.
:rolleyes1{{sigh}} I feel like we've had this conversation before, Red, but let me explain it to you one more time: Sure, go ahead and bring it - no problem. But it won't be going on the table and I will be silently judging you. Silently, mind you, which is how all gracious people do their judging. :snooty:

I work with Rachel's dad. Knowing him, a heart attack is not far off. So, if Red, could please put in the call, we'd all appreciate it :)
:cheer2: Is he in Pyeong Chang watching her? That would be so awesome (except of course for this losing thing)!!

:cheer2: Is he in Pyeong Chang watching her? That would be so awesome (except of course for this losing thing)!!

He is as is his wife (with whom I also worked) who is Rachel's stepmom.

I also need to change the verb to past tense, as I no longer work at the same organization (but am still in contact with them). Some of our team retreats used to be curling and poor Rachel was forced to teach a bunch of useless newbies a couple of times.

Just so you know, I also arranged the results of this morning's short track speed skating. Sorry I was only able to give the woman a bronze.

Joking aside, so happy for her. The harassment she received after winning her first bronze earlier this week was terrible.

Joking aside, so happy for her. The harassment she received after winning her first bronze earlier this week was terrible.

I'm not aware of what happened earlier. Did she knock a favored South Korean skater off the podium?

He is as is his wife (with whom I also worked) who is Rachel's stepmom.

I also need to change the verb to past tense, as I no longer work at the same organization (but am still in contact with them). Some of our team retreats used to be curling and poor Rachel was forced to teach a bunch of useless newbies a couple of times.
Aww, how awesome - all the best to them!! :goodvibes I absolutely LOVE when they show the athlete's parents in the stands (except for Patrick Chan's beotch of a Dad, but that's another story :sad2:). As close as we have come to this experience is that our chiropractor's daughter rowed for Canada in Rio. Hearing him talk about watching her was really precious. :grouphug:
Just so you know, I also arranged the results of this morning's short track speed skating. Sorry I was only able to give the woman a bronze.
:thumbsup2 Good thinkin'! Gold might have made people suspicious...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter