Wishes 10/8/11 WP/GF-- Love's First Kiss-- Trip Report Complete

Oh Michelle that dress is beautiful! Looking forward to following along with your planning. I am another Bride-to-be that will be moving to FL between now and the wedding day. Fortuantely DBF is already there, though we do plan on him moving more inland.

Welcome & Congrats!! :wave2:

Love your story and all your plans!! Can't wait to see how everything turns out!! You are getting married on my birthday! :goodvibes

I love your wedding plans! We are also having a WP/GF wedding so I can't wait to see what you come up with.:woohoo:

Thanks everyone for reading along! I always love to write, so to get to write about our Disney wedding = I'm having a great time!

Hey there!

I cant believe I have managed to overlook your beautiful PJ! :) Everything is lovely! Partly because it is simalar to our colours... Blush/nude pink! :) GOOD CHOICE!

Your dress is beautiful! You will look amazing! :)

Ohhh I forgot to say the most important... CONGRATULATIONS! :woohoo:

XXX

Thank you so much! I just love the soft pink. So feminine and elegant!

Oh Michelle that dress is beautiful! Looking forward to following along with your planning. I am another Bride-to-be that will be moving to FL between now and the wedding day. Fortuantely DBF is already there, though we do plan on him moving more inland.

Thank you! I was a little nervous about posting it; I know slip dresses aren't common for formal weddings, but I feel exquisite in it. I can't wait to be in FL! I grew up there and miss it so much!

Welcome & Congrats!! :wave2:

Love your story and all your plans!! Can't wait to see how everything turns out!! You are getting married on my birthday! :goodvibes

Oh how funny! We'll send you a piece of cake ;) Thanks!

I love your wedding plans! We are also having a WP/GF wedding so I can't wait to see what you come up with.:woohoo:

Thanks! I am in love with our venues-- you can't go wrong with decorations when the rooms are so lovely to begin with!

Just joining in. Go you for electing to choose an MOH out of want and not obligation.

My jaw about hit the floor when I saw your dress. It is absolutely stunning! (And, does not look like a nightgown). I am also in love with your color choices.

I will definitely be following along. :lovestruc

Thanks so much! At the risk of sounding crazy, I had no idea how much I could love something until I got my dogs (they came before I met Brandon, I guess I should include that :laughing:) My mom keeps telling me that my first baby will be 1000x this- I can't imagine.

I know what you mean! My mom has always told me that you'll never understand love until you have babies of your own, that it's a completely different type of love. I would always roll my eyes. But I got Bella (my yorkie puppy) in November and I am just in love with her!

Thank you all so much! I spent all day packing, as we are driving from California to Florida this weekend. I'm exhausted, but it always lifts your spirits when people compliment your wedding dress, right? :cloud9: I am not looking forward to the drive, but I just got lurkyloo's book, so I'll have some fun reading!

My jaw about hit the floor when I saw your dress. It is absolutely stunning! (And, does not look like a nightgown).

Thank you so much for saying that. I was devastated when my sister said that to me. We may have our issues, but I love her and her opinion matters to me. I don't think she really meant it, but it's hard not to be upset when someone tells you they don't like your wedding dress.

I'll write about my accessories once we finish the trek...

Whew, I'm glad to be off the road and back on the boards. I had no wedding chatter fix for days!

Ok, so I thought since the last post was on the dress, I should write about my accessories next! I want to keep the overall look feminine and understated, and I've really tried to pick each accessory to complement my dress.

I can't find an exact picture of my veil, but this one is pretty close. It is also by Claire Pettibone. My clever and sneaky (but awesome) bridal consultant put this veil on me one time when I was "visiting" my dress. She knew I would be hooked!

closeveil.jpg

My veil is very close to this one, except it doesn't have the flowers up the middle, and the flowers on mine are a little smaller with more crystals in the details. It looks like it was made to pair with my dress. I never wanted a veil that would cover my face. I want to see Brandon as clearly as I can when I walk down the aisle :)

It took me a LONG time to find my shoes. My consultant suggested that closed toe would look best with my dress, so I was fixated on finding some. And I didn't want anything too embellished or frou frou because I thought they would compete with the dress. I finally found my pair in a Stuart Weitzman store.

IMG00210-20110304-1654.jpg

Please don't mind the fugly carpet. And they have soft padding built right into the soles! They really do feel comfortable for heels.

I'm not going to wear a necklace, as the the neckline and shoulder detail on my dress are beautiful on their own. I wanted a pair of small, sparkly earrings, which I found at Nordstrom's:

IMG00213-20110305-1541.jpg

They look big, but notice how my hand is like Willie the Giant's.

I also want a simple, pretty bracelet to wear on my left hand, but haven't found one yet. I might see if a family member has one I can borrow. On my right hand, I'm wearing a blue topaz ring that my mom gave me as my college graduation gift. It's my something blue ;)

I think I want a thin, rhinestone headband too, but I haven't been able to find anything yet. I really would like something a little artistic, not just a row of square crystals. I've still got five months to go, though, so I'm not worried.

Hey,

Your accessory collection looks beautiful, it will really finish off the wedding look! Amazing veil! Stunning!

XXXX

I feel like such a slacker for starting this PJ and then not updating in forever. Got a little caught up in life the past few weeks—my fiancé is graduating from law school, we’re moving from CA to FL, my mom broke her foot and I flew home to help out. Eek. It’s been busy. Anyway, back to fun stuff!

I’ve been trying to pick a hairstyle. I know I definitely want my hair up, I can’t stand having it in my face. I want something kind of low and sleek, but not too tight or flat to my head. I was thinking something like this:

diannaagron.jpg

Thanks Quinn!

I like the few pieces around the face. I know hers are bangs, but I'm wondering if I could do them as loose curls. I will have to see how I feel about them at the trial. If I think I will touch them constantly, then I won’t have the tendrils.

I definitely want soft makeup, like pinks and neutrals. I’ve told my makeup artist that I want to look “pretty”, not “sexy” or “glamorous”.

Also, I’ve told my bridesmaids that as long as their hair is all up, they can wear it however they want. I’ve never cared about the bridesmaids looking identical. I have hated some bridesmaids ‘dos that I have worn in my life. I really want all my girls to feel comfortable and happy on the day!

All of our hair is being done by my mom's friend who is a professional stylist. When I got engaged, she offered to style the moms, bridesmaids, and me, free of charge, as her wedding gift. I of course accepted.

Advice please!

Has anyone had (or seen) bridesmaids wear all different necklaces?

I had this idea a few days ago that it would be fun to buy each girl a necklace as her gift, but like a kind of nice necklace that matched her personality. I know one of my friends would want something bright and sparkly, another friend would like something with pearls, etc.

I would keep all of them a similar shape, and all in one color family (probably pink, to match the theme). I love the idea, but I get a little nervous that I won't know how it looks until I've bought all of them.

Suggestions? TIA!

I think the different necklaces would look great!! In my opinion, I prefer bridesmaids to be a little different. And I think it's a great idea to have it fit their personalities!!

Thanks Kristi! I'm really liking the idea. I think I'll pick a day to go shopping with one or both of my MOH's and see what we can find.

I was browsing around the internet today and found this on White House Black Market:

pinkWHBMnecklace.jpg

I love WHBM. Maybe I could do something like this for the MOH's and then something a little more simple for the other 3 girls. I love really colorful accessories with a black dress, they just pop!

I agree with Kristi--- I like it when bridesmaids look different! I told all of the girls they could choose their own accessories/shoe colors/etc. I LOVE that necklace you just posted though! And I think that's a great idea for bridesmaid gifts :)

Ahhhh, the dress. I get butterflies just thinking about it :lovestruc

Before I started shopping, I had specific ideas about what I wanted. Ice white, strapless, mermaid or A-line, with a fair amount of beading. My dress turned out to be none of those things :rotfl:

That's too funny, I was the same way. I had this one vision in mind and then my actual dress is almost nothing like what I thought it would be.

I agree with Kristi--- I like it when bridesmaids look different! I told all of the girls they could choose their own accessories/shoe colors/etc. I LOVE that necklace you just posted though! And I think that's a great idea for bridesmaid gifts :)

I totally agree! I told my girls to just wear whatever shoes they want-- they all seemed so shocked :laughing: I figure they're all grown women, they know how to dress themselves for a formal event. Isn't that necklace cute? Finding it really upped my enthusiasm for the idea.

That's too funny, I was the same way. I had this one vision in mind and then my actual dress is almost nothing like what I thought it would be.

I know, I read a bunch of articles on how to choose a dress-- then I just fell for mine, even though it's very unusual. I think it was even more exciting that way.

I realized today that my planning session is in 3 weeks!! I can't wait :banana:

So I'm trying to get all my ideas sorted out before my planning session NEXT WEEK!! I am so excited.

The flowers are really important to me. I love flowers and they are definitely one of my biggest priorities.

I'm still not sure what type of bouquets I want for the bridesmaids. I know I want something sort of small. I am thinking about these 4 styles:

All White
Vintagewhitebouquet.jpg

Mixed pink & white peonies
Pinkwhitepeonies.jpg

Delicate roses in our blush color
Pinktearoses.jpg

White anemones with some greenery
Bridesmaidbouquetwanemones.jpg

Any opinions? I know mine is going to be a mix of white and blush pink flowers, all soft and very organic-- I prefer when the flowers are not a perfect sphere. I'm not sure what look would complement mine best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter