Wishes 10/8/11 WP/GF-- Love's First Kiss-- Trip Report Complete

So today's update is kind of a bummer. :headache: I originally had planned to have the wedding day make-up done by a friend of our hairstylist. Well, to make a long story short, the make-up artist has decided she can't make it to the wedding. I am beyond upset with her. Now I'm only four months out and I have no confirmed plans for make-up!

The other stylist has offered that she can do the make-up, too. However, I don't know how to politely tell her that I don't want her to do the make-up. She does great hair, but her make-up comes out looking a little.... heavy? She did the make-up for my sister's wedding and I HATED it.

I sent Beaute Speciale an email last night and they already responded that they are available. Now I'm trying to decide if I should book them for just me, for me & my bridesmaids, or wait and think about it. I feel so pressured to choose the right thing.

I tried to get my mom's opinion on it, but she told me that it was a waste of money to hire someone and I should do my own make-up!!! I thought my jaw would hit the floor. I can't imagine doing my own make-up on my wedding day. I would look how I look on any other day. I don't think I have the skills to pull off anything amazing AND that would be so stressful!

Advice please!!

If it were me, I'd book a professional. I've heard wonderful things about Beaute Speciale. It's your wedding day, you absolutely deserve to be pampered. I know some brides do their own make up to save money, but if that's not an issue I definitely say go for it!
And as far as your friend that does makeup goes, maybe you can tell her you really appreciate it but have already booked someone else?
Good luck girl!!!! :goodvibes

I agree--- I think you should book Beaute Speciale. Although, I'm biased, because I booked them. :)

I'm sitting here trying to think of what to tell your friend, and I just don't know! Maybe that you appreciate the offer, but you REALLY like Beaute's work? Something like that?

I'd also leave it up to your bridesmaids as to whether or not they get appointments. I'm paying for my bridesmaids hair, but none of them wanted to get their makeup done.

Kristi and Jackie, thanks for the suggestions! I really worried over this one. I decided to book Beaute Speciale for me and my five bridesmaids. I was too nervous at the thought of having no plan in place. I also scoured the BS website and it looks like they do great work. I don't think I would feel hesitant at all if my mom hadn't been so negative about it! Moms!

Before I booked, I talked to my two MOHs, who said they would like to get their make-up done. One of them even offered to help me pay for it, but I don't plan on letting her. She helps out with so much that I would really like to do something nice for her. I feel so lucky, my 'maids really are sweet, caring women.

On a brighter note, I mentioned recently that I was thinking about buying each of my bridesmaids a different pink necklace to wear at the wedding (also this would be their gift). I am doing this and I have 3 necklaces so far. I was expecting to spend about $50 on each, but I've found some great deals so I'm under budget!

This one is for one of my MOHs

IMG00217-20110619-2056.jpg

And two others

I also bought a dress to wear to my rehearsal

Hopefully I will have more *happy* updates this week!

Last edited:
I'm really excited because this weekend we assembled our invitations and have everything just about ready to go! We'll be sending them out in about two weeks, and we have an RSVP deadline of August 1st. My family tried to convince me that August 1 was too early, but I wanted the extra time to adjust plans (since our guest count is still pretty variable). Plus, by two months out, I think our guests will know if they're taking a Disney World trip.

My mom suggested that I weigh one invitation to see if we would need additional postage. I hadn't considered that when I bought our stamps, which look like little lilac bouquets.

Sure enough, they were too heavy. So I went back to the post office, and they told me I need 64 cents on each invitation. Thank goodness I checked! So I say no problem, do you have any 20 cent-stamps? And she pulls out these...

Not exactly the look I was going for, I'm afraid. Old George is great, but he doesn't exactly say "romance", does he?

In the end, I decided to put two lilac stamps on each invitation and waste a little money in the process. I just couldn't accept the George Washington stamps!

I also ordered a sealing stamp and gold wax to use on the back of the invitation envelopes. This one is a (very rough) practice run with some sample wax the company sent:

It adds a little touch of Snow White-ness! :)

I haven't put the seals on the invitations yet. That's pretty much all that's left until they're totally ready. I can't believe how real it all feels now!

Last edited:
:rotfl2: George Washington

Where did you order the wax seal from? I need to get one :)

I know, right? I wish someone could have taken a picture of my face when the postal worker pulled out those stamps... :eek:

I got the seal from seasons-creations.com They have some traditional wedding designs, too, but I was so excited when I saw that little apple! I got my wax from nostalgicimpressions.com because the other site was out of the color I wanted. I ordered the sealing wax that goes in a glue gun, it made the process so much faster!

waxseal2.jpg

waxseal.jpg

You can see the little mess I made on scratch paper as I tried to figure out the best method

envelopewseal.jpg

And the invitations are all completed! I actually finished more quickly than I had planned, so they're just sitting in a box for another week. I'm so excited to send them :yay:

All ofyour plans look so lovely.

I really like what you have planned so far! I love the wax seals! :goodvibes

That wax detailing looks FANTASTIC!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I am so happy with how the seals turned out. Our invitations are very simple and traditional for the most part, but the seals add a little special touch. And I love subtle ways to tie in my Snow White theme. I'm sure some people will be totally confused by the apple, but it will make sense eventually! :cutie:

Awesome!! Thanks for the sites!
Your invitations/seals look amazing!!! I can't wait to do mine! I just told Brian I have to order one immediately! haha!

Hey!!!

Wow... my invitations came today too! :)

I think your samp situation is funny! 'old George' hehe! Bless! But the two love ones are beautiful!

Thats my mission tomorrow... look for lovely stamps! :yay:

Congrats on everything so far... looks LUSH!!!

Mwah

xxx

I just caught up on your PJ, and I love all of your details! I love the invitations too, the wax seal with the apple is such a neat detail! :)

Awesome!! Thanks for the sites!
Your invitations/seals look amazing!!! I can't wait to do mine! I just told Brian I have to order one immediately! haha!

No problem, and thanks! It actually was fun. Can't wait to see what you pick!

Hey!!!

Wow... my invitations came today too! :)

I think your samp situation is funny! 'old George' hehe! Bless! But the two love ones are beautiful!

Thats my mission tomorrow... look for lovely stamps! :yay:

Congrats on everything so far... looks LUSH!!!

Mwah

xxx

Thank you! Yeah, even my fiance said the George Washington stamps were a no. The envelopes turned out really pretty with the two Love stamps, so we're good!

love the idea of wax seals for your invites and they look amazing.

also lovin the touch of Snow White with the apple :goodvibes

Thank you! I love to sneak little Snow White elements in wherever I can. I know some of my Disney-loving cousins will understand the apple!

I just caught up on your PJ, and I love all of your details! I love the invitations too, the wax seal with the apple is such a neat detail! :)

Thanks for reading! I'm really happy with how the invitations turned out, and we didn't even spend much money on them-- gotta love internet sales!

So I've been waiting (not-so-patiently) for days so I could say...

:banana::banana::banana:I'm getting married in 100 days!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Woo hoo!

All of your plans sound great!

We had our wedding in April at the WP at 5 pm with the cocktail hour in Whitehall and the reception in the ballrooms.

We had Meri for our planner too! She was great to work with. :thumbsup2

We also had Chef Corey! He really knocked our dinner out of the park! You are in good hands!

I used Beaute Special for my hair and makeup also. I cannot say enough good things about them either. If you are on the fence, maybe do a trial with them?

And fushia (similar to one of your pinks) was also one of my colors. We are almost wedding twins, LOL.

Good luck in the rest of your planning! I love your dress!!

Congrats on being in the two digit numbers now!!! Can't wait to see everything together and more pictures!!

Horray for your planning Journal, and on being inside 100 days of your wedding! Your plans sound and look lovely! My wedding is on February 4, 2012 at the Boardwalk. We are going down to Orlando for our planning session the weekend of your wedding! I'm sure I'll see you in passing, keep us informed on what you decide on for your makeup, I'm still looking for someone. Well, Good luck, and can't wait to hear more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter