Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread December 1-29 2012 Now Open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running out of hair pretty quick!! I am wondering if September will open earlier also and August opening in the morning has me panicked because I work in the mornings and don't have a computer there and can't always make a phone call right at that minute. I do wish it would just open though so we could stop the anxiety. It is the last thing I need to do for our trip and I would really just like to be done already!

:banana:Thats why this drives me BANANAS!!:banana:

This is the last thing I have to do other then pack our bags and hop on the plan e.

This is the last thing I have to do other than packing also. I am an obsessive planner so, having a loose end is driving me crazy!!!! I need to get this booked so I can kick back and count down to Disney!

I've booked for the 21st, party of 4. Booked within the first hour of the bookings opening. There's another party of 4 for the 21st that I know about on the UK DIBB forums. So that's 10 DISers and 8 DIBBers leaving 32 spaces. So why can I still book a table of 36? Sometimes I wish I wasn't such an obsessive planner!

Hello Creamcheese and :welcome: to the Dis!

Either the system we have been using doesn't work the way we think it does, or the party of 4 on the Dis is also on the DIBB forums, or they are able to add a few more chairs if need be and make it so some of the tables that have two chairs get three or something like that.

.....I tried to book for a party of two and a party of four but they wouldn't let me (it's my DD and I in one group and a friend of mine from work and his family in the other group).

We booked for 3, then my aunt decided to go and I checked the website to figure out how many spots still left and there were at least 30, she went ahead and booked for her 3 on our date.

She was given a 9:20 time vs. our 9pm time but I told her tables are preassigned so time didn't matter too much. We booked separately, different names & pymts - maybe that's why you couldn't book separately if you were trying to book both parties under your name & pay for both :confused3

Thanks for the welcome Stan. I've been lurking here for years, may have been a member for our 2008 trip but couldn't remember my login details!

That makes perfect sense, of course they can change the seating around. See you there on the 21st :)

So, I was reading something today that said the dessert party seats 160. I know word on here has been 50. Can anyone that has been confirm if it looked like 50 or 160 for the seating area? Just playing with numbers 50 would be 12 tables for 4 and 1 table for 2 (I know that is not how they are set up but for comparisons sake lol) and 160 would be 40 tables for 4.

So, I was reading something today that said the dessert party seats 160. I know word on here has been 50. Can anyone that has been confirm if it looked like 50 or 160 for the seating area? Just playing with numbers 50 would be 12 tables for 4 and 1 table for 2 (I know that is not how they are set up but for comparisons sake lol) and 160 would be 40 tables for 4.

It says on WDW official web site about the event that it can accommodate up to 50 guests, so I tend to go with that number. Here is the web site: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/tomorrowland-terrace-fireworks-dessert-party/

The 50 thing has had me wondering too. We did this for the first time in May and are looking forward to doing it again in October. In May, it looked like many more than 50. Checking in immediately in front of us was a group of 28 (one checking in and the rest to the side), and many more were behind us in line. Then people kept steadily streaming in till about 9:15 PM. This was at 8:30 PM

That one big group took up only a small corner/side of the terrace seating. My best guest would be that there had to be over 100 people there. 160 would seem plausible. There was a party of 6 directly behind us.

I'm thinking you can book up to a single group of 50 and then they seat 160.

ETA: On thinking on it a little further, I think there may have been 50ish tables. Some seating two, and some seating 6. I didn't see a party larger than 6 at any one particular table, but I wasn't paying that much attention either. There was that one really large party (a school group of some sort--lots of high school kids and adult chaperones), but they were seated together at several tables.

The 50 thing has had me wondering too. We did this for the first time in May and are looking forward to doing it again in October. In May, it looked like many more than 50. Checking in immediately in front of us was a group of 28 (one checking in and the rest to the side), and many more were behind us in line. Then people kept steadily streaming in till about 9:15 PM. This was at 8:30 PM

That one big group took up only a small corner/side of the terrace seating. My best guest would be that there had to be over 100 people there. 160 would seem plausible. There was a party of 6 directly behind us.

I'm thinking you can book up to a single group of 50 and then they seat 160.

ETA: On thinking on it a little further, I think there may have been 50ish tables. Some seating two, and some seating 6. I didn't see a party larger than 6 at any one particular table, but I wasn't paying that much attention either. There was that one really large party (a school group of some sort--lots of high school kids and adult chaperones), but they were seated together at several tables.

I think I started the talk about it accomodating 50 people. I've never been to the dessert party, but was basing the 50 person count on the following description that appears on the Disney Dining website (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/tomorrowland-terrace-fireworks-dessert-party/):

Guest Policies
•Event start time will be one hour before the Wishes Fireworks Show. Guests must purchase a separate ticket to dine during the event. The viewing area for the Wishes Fireworks Show is standing-only within an outdoor, covered patio that is utilized rain or shine.
•Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party can accommodate up to 50 Guests.
•Pre-payment is required. A cancellation policy applies and will result in charges if you cancel with insufficient notice. Specific policies related to this facility will be detailed at time of reservation booking.
•This location can accommodate most special dietary needs. Advance notice may be required and cancellation fees may apply. Please indicate any special dietary need at time of reservation booking. Learn more about how we can help accommodate special dietary needs.

It could be that what this mean is that it can accomodate an individual reservation of up to 50 people. That's not how I read it; sorry if I read it wrong. Those of you who have been there before would have a better sense of how many people it accomodates.

Sept 24th here!!! I am surprising my sisters and it's the last thing I need to do for our trip, so I am IMpatiently waiting for Sept to open!

We booked for 3, then my aunt decided to go and I checked the website to figure out how many spots still left and there were at least 30, she went ahead and booked for her 3 on our date.

She was given a 9:20 time vs. our 9pm time but I told her tables are preassigned so time didn't matter too much. We booked separately, different names & pymts - maybe that's why you couldn't book separately if you were trying to book both parties under your name & pay for both :confused3

That is exactly what happend when I called I tried to book two tables one for my DD and myself and one for my friend and his family we are going the same night but don't have to be together (we are going to HDMR together) I just decided to just make it for six.

Thanks for the welcome Stan. I've been lurking here for years, may have been a member for our 2008 trip but couldn't remember my login details!

That makes perfect sense, of course they can change the seating around. See you there on the 21st :)

Be sure to look for my LGMH and say hi.

50 or 160 make no matter to me cus I'm going with my DD(17) in a couple of months :woohoo: She is a desert nut and this will be a suprise for her. She has no idea we are going to the party.

Still I would like to know the answer to this mystery.

I just booked for August 22nd. I have a question about the photopass photographer... do they take individual photos of the families at their tables? Will they take them of our party with the castle in the background? Just curious about the photos they take.

Also.... does anyone know if the water they serve is in bottles or is it from a dispenser?

Not sure if I should be excited or terrified with all those sweets and treats to tempt me! :laughing: One's too many and a thousand is not enough. popcorn::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter