Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread December 1-29 2012 Now Open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody who has been before confirm with ABSOLUTE certainty that the tables are pre-assigned. I really don't want to get in line an hour before our check in time. I'm wondering if we just show up at 9 with a 9:10 check in time that we will still have our pre-assigned table. Can somebody confirm that it's definitely not that you get a table depending on where you are in line.

Yes they are...name tags already on the tables when we arrived!:wizard:

I sure hope that is the case this year too. I made our reservation for 8/10 on the first day reservations opened (around 5 p.m.). I was curious to see how full the event is for that night because I'd like to know what our chances are of getting a good table. In the event description on the Disney Dining website, it says "Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party can accommodate up to 50 Guests." The reservation program lets you search for a reservation for up to 50 people. I played with our date a little and found that there was still availability for up to 36 people. That meansthat, 2 days after booking opened, only 14 people (our group of 4 plus 10 others) have booked our same night (August 10). Pretty good odds for getting a good table, I'd think. :cool1:

Ok, call me obsessed :confused3- but I'm sure others here on this board will appreciate my obsession

I am just trying to figure out how, in all of the craziness that is me, I have never thought of doing this! Or figured out that I could do this! I am not going until September, but you can bet I will be checking this for my dates when I can finally book. This is exactly the kind of crazy/obsessive planning that I LOVE!!

Honestly for those of you that are worrying about where your table is I really wouldn't. In my experience (4 times and hoping for another in Oct) most of the people get up and stand at the rail to watch the memories show (if they have it) then sit back down, eat a little more and then get up again for the fireworks show. So where you are sitting to eat doesn't really matter. It should all be good! :cool1:

Honestly for those of you that are worrying about where your table is I really wouldn't. In my experience (4 times and hoping for another in Oct) most of the people get up and stand at the rail to watch the memories show (if they have it) then sit back down, eat a little more and then get up again for the fireworks show. So where you are sitting to eat doesn't really matter. It should all be good! :cool1:

Very true, however, I have found that being in the front row feels a little less claustrophobic while you're eating. We've been twice. The first time we were all the way in the back, and it was SO crowded (this was a month after they first started doing this, so it may be different now?) The second time, we were in the front row and we had a nice breeze and didn't have people close by on all sides of us. It just 'felt' better. When it's hot you don't want to be crammed against your neighbors, you know? ;)

Can anybody who has been before confirm with ABSOLUTE certainty that the tables are pre-assigned. I really don't want to get in line an hour before our check in time. I'm wondering if we just show up at 9 with a 9:10 check in time that we will still have our pre-assigned table. Can somebody confirm that it's definitely not that you get a table depending on where you are in line.

I can, because I went to it and saved the card from my table.

I booked over the phone (Aug 21). I did not receive an email nor can I view my reservation on line. I called to confirm that I even had a reservation and was told because I booked by phone I won't get a email until a day or two before the party as a reminder.

I was not given a time just told to arrive about an hour before Wishes starts.

I was also told that during the fireworks its standing room only.

I sure hope that is the case this year too. I made our reservation for 8/10 on the first day reservations opened (around 5 p.m.). I was curious to see how full the event is for that night because I'd like to know what our chances are of getting a good table. In the event description on the Disney Dining website, it says "Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party can accommodate up to 50 Guests." The reservation program lets you search for a reservation for up to 50 people. I played with our date a little and found that there was still availability for up to 36 people. That meansthat, 2 days after booking opened, only 14 people (our group of 4 plus 10 others) have booked our same night (August 10). Pretty good odds for getting a good table, I'd think. :cool1:

Ok, call me obsessed :confused3- but I'm sure others here on this board will appreciate my obsession

I for one appreciate your obsession! I also like your little trick.

For the 21st there are still 40 seats left, but for the 26th there are only 20 seats left. I'm thinking I picked a good day to go to MK.

Now if I was a jerk I'd book all 40 seats then cancel them the day before and have a small crowd on the terrace, but I could never live with myself if I did something like that.

I for one appreciate your obsession! I also like your little trick.

For the 21st there are still 40 seats left, but for the 26th there are only 20 seats left. I'm thinking I picked a good day to go to MK.

Now if I was a jerk I'd book all 40 seats then cancel them the day before and have a small crowd on the terrace, but I could never live with myself if I did something like that.

Could you please share where you found the section to search what's still open for your date?
ETA: Do you just go to book the party and then select 50 guests?

Also, your idea about booking all the seats and then canceling is genius, and so evil :rotfl2:

Could you please share where you found the section to search what's still open for your date?
ETA: Do you just go to book the party and then select 50 guests?

Also, your idea about booking all the seats and then canceling is genius, and so evil :rotfl2:

Yep, just go to the reservation site and try an book for 50 when you get the message that no times are available just start counting down the guests until you can make a booking.

Yes, it would be wrong...but since we will also be there the 21st, I would look the other way....:rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Yep, just go to the reservation site and try an book for 50 when you get the message that no times are available just start counting down the guests until you can make a booking.

Thanks! It looks like our date is SOLD OUT! :scared1:

Yes, it would be wrong...but since we will also be there the 21st, I would look the other way....:rolleyes1 :rotfl:

So, I'm in a party of 6 and I see your the party of 4 I guess thats all that are going so far.

So, I'm in a party of 6 and I see your the party of 4 I guess thats all that are going so far.

Looks like it. There is no parade that night as of now, so maybe the MK will not be too busy!

Since we were obviously the first two parties to book, we can test that theory about the front tables being assigned in the order of booking.

Don't expect party of six in front, every time I've gone (at least) 6 times...the tables for two are in the front and along the sides...larger groups were more in the middle...everyone normally stands during the fireworks...more than enough room to see...we'll see where we sit on the 23rd...there are six of us...i've only gone with two and four....the table to the far right along the walkway would be good...due to the shrubs, no one can stand in front of the table...always been larger groups seated there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter