Wk of May 24 - WISH Team Walkers and Runners

1,000 meter swim in the current, 28 minutes. 18.15 mile bike ride, 1:18. 2 mile run 17 minutes. Sweating all the way, PRICELESS.

Duckie Thanks for the heads up about Jet America. Never heard of them, but checked them out and maybe they'll come in handy for future trips to FL--although it appears they only fly Sat-Sat for the Lansing/Melbourne route. As for Lansing, you could always come watch the Lansing Lugnuts play baseball (gotta love the names of minor league ball clubs!)

Jeff How could I have possibly missed seeing you in the video?! I re-watched it and there you are--you go by quickly, but still!

Happy Friday all. Our last day as a non-bankrupt company. I still haven't emailed my buddy at Test Track to see if the lounge is even there anymore. So probably no more mini-Wish meets there. :sad1:

Signed up yesterday to run the Oak Apple 10k tomorrow. (Seems I train for races--but then don't sign up for them til last minute. You psych majors may go ahead and analyze!) Anyway, have only been at this one as a spectator. And since my current training plan only has two days of running, I am not expecting great things--just using it as a benchmark for future (possible marathon training--and no, I haven't signed up for Mickey yet!). Hoping to improve on my only 10k time so far (54:50).

Maura

Big HELLO and Happy Friday!!

Quick run by - got in good work out last night however note to self: do not do laps after upper body weight/core work out. Shoulders got me thru 10 laps then decided they were done.

This weekend have 9 mile run, ride the bike tri route and get in some swimming.

If interested, can check out the photos from Bike the Drive we did - great event. Patrick is bib 3416, mine is 3411. His pics much better than mine. Someday I will look decent in bike pics. :sad2:
Bike The Drive

One of my favorite things to do when I came to Disney, was to go to Down Town Disney. I especially enjoyed going to The Comedy Warehouse and The Adventures Club. Those two places were awesome!!! Each show was unique and hilarious. I miss going there. I have to remind myself that change is good, but they have to try extra hard to convince me that a restaurant is better than the A.C. the C.W.

Last I heard, they closed them down and were putting restaurants in their place. Has anyone heard or seen the progress during any recent trips ?

Noah - I have two Fuji's (one hybrid one road). Patrick has Schwinn LeTour GS.

BTW, tell Duckie to check email. thx

I just wanted to share that I ran 3.1 miles last night for the first time! My first 5K is one week from today. My time was absolutely horrible though, but at least I know I can do it.

I just wanted to share that I ran 3.1 miles last night for the first time! My first 5K is one week from today. My time was absolutely horrible though, but at least I know I can do it.

IT does feel good when you accomplish a goal for yourself doesn't it. The self confidence that you just built for yourself will psychologically help you on the 5k. It is so true that if tell you self that you can do it you will. It is mostly mental.

Liz, I read Noah your email last night on the Blackberry. Now he is convinced DVC is a conspiracy against him. ;-)

Actually, I'm thinking of looking into renting DVC points for the Aug. trip so Noah and I can try accommodations in a couple places (although let's face it, Beach Club is still the first pick!). Are you Club level at Kidani? or Savannah view? :confused3

Don't know if it counts as a workout, but The Noah and I chaperoned the prom last night. Five hours. Felt like a marathon. ;) The kids were great, though, and we had a good time.

Hey team!!
Got out and did a sweaty 3.4 miles this morning. Has definately been humid and warm here in S. FL. Been necessary to try and get out early to beat the heat and thunderstorms.
Did a 5K on Memorial day which I had a pretty good time I think and now I am signed up for another on July 4th and hopin to beat my previous time! hehe

Duckie and Noah: It would be awesome to come up to Orlando and meet you guys!! I actually looked into it and everything and then realized that those dates or blockout dates for me with my FL resident Pass. So, I think that will be a no-go for me. I am doing a little trip at the end of the month up to Tallahassee to visit with friends and then maybe stopping at the WORLD on the way home.

Take care all my WISH family, Have a great weekend!!

Racey Tracy (freckles)

24.5 miles on the bike today. One quadbuster hill. 1:44:30.

Now off to take the keiki bowling.

Duckie and Noah: It would be awesome to come up to Orlando and meet you guys!! I actually looked into it and everything and then realized that those dates or blockout dates for me with my FL resident Pass. So, I think that will be a no-go for me.

Oh, no! :sad1: We were hoping you could come visit. We could hang out at the resort, do Downtown Disney or the Boardwalk if you want instead... or play mini golf. :confused3 I don't know how long you were hoping to stay, but we are disappointed you can't crash the party, too. :(

AlohaJeff, take the keiki bowling, take them bowling! (sorry--Camper Van Beethoven reference) http://blip.fm/mightyduck :-)

Just doing a quick drive by but wanted to say congratulations. I remember crossing the finish line for my first 5K and was hooked. That was the day I decided I was going to be a "runner". Don't worry about the time, there is a little saying some people may have heard (I may get the exact wording wrong but):

Dead Last Finisher > Did Not Finish > Did Not Start.

Crossing that finish line last and barely moving is much more than the vast majority of people will do that day...GOOD LUCK!

Hip Pain! My first 5K is on Saturday and my hip is hurting. It's been hurting off an on for weeks, but I think I hurt it more on Monday helping kids up the moonbouce slide. It didn't feel too bad on Tuesday when I ran, just got tight half way through. I plan to run tonight but take it easy again. I'm going to be so upset with myself if I trained for 10 weeks only to get hurt right before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter