Wk of Oct 1--2007 WISH Walking/Running Club

Judy -

I hope your knee is feeling better. I wonder if you didn't jinx yourself buying two pairs of running shoes. pixiedust: pixiedust: for quick healing!

Cecilia

Oh my goodness! :goodvibes You guys are all so sweet to me! :blush: I wish the people I dealt with every day IRL were like you guys. Thank you all for your concern. :flower3:

I took some Advil before I went to bed last night and was able to sleep thru the night without any knee pain. I didn't get to ice it last night because, well because I have a wonderful husband who wanted to take me out for a really nice dinner. Today is our 16 month anniversary. :lovestruc But who's counting!

Anyway, this morning I had planned on hitting the road, but I thought under the circumstances, maybe I should go on the TM. So I did 45 minutes of w3/r1. It actually went pretty well except for one time when my knee buckled and I almost went down, and once when I got a sharp pain but it went away after a minute.

I do have a call into my Orthopedic surgeon, but honestly, trying to get an appointment with this guy is like trying to get in to see the President.

Cam
- Thank you very much for your PM. I like your suggestion and that's what I will do. :thumbsup2

Cam suggested I make blank name tags and everyone can write their names on them. I thought that was an excellent suggestion so that's what I'll do.

BTW, in case you were following my "I'm moving to another office, I'm not moving to another office" saga....when last we left off, I was NOT moving, so I started to unpack. This morning I received my "official" notice that yes I am indeed moving up the fourth floor. Kinda makes you want to hurt someone, doesn't it? :furious:

Hey all, I dragged myself out of bed this morning and did the treadmill. It is pitch back when I wake up, so during the week I rarely get to run outside. I did 40 minutes at a r5/w2. I am just way too slow in the early morning and need my walk breaks!!!

My insomniac 3 year old got up again with me and pulled her little rocker up to the treadmill to keep me company. Then she cooked me breakfast in her kitchen. French fries!!! She made it all nice on a tray and carried it upstairs to my bed so it was waiting for me when I got out of the shower. She is going through the terrible 3's right now, but how can you be angry at a sweet pumpkin like that!

Judy - Gotta love Corporate America! I was suprised to see you are now W3/R1. When did that start?? That is so AWESOME!!!!!

Mel - That is awesome that you donated your hair. Mine is so thin that even tho it is long, it wouldn't make much of a donated. My DH has 3 times the amount of hair I do. I don't think he will ever go bald!!!

OK, I guess I should get back to work!

Judy,
Good Luck with your knee. With all of your preparation, it would be a shame to get detoured at this point. Don't overdo it until you know there is nothing serious.

Judy - Glad your knee is feeling better...don't push it though. Don't want to get hurt.

Still in taper mode. I am not a nice woman when I don't run! I really tri though. :confused3

Because my WISH buddies are the only ones who care...I am posting 2 pics of last Fridays LR (just 10 miles...thats why we are all smiling!).
StudentoftheSept.jpg

This is me right b/4 we start running.....Look! I have my WDW marathon 06 shirt on! :love:
StudentoftheSept-1.jpg

DH is in front in the blue and BIL is the one looking at the camra. We are about at mile 5 here.
DH and BIL will do a 14 miler w/out me tomorrow. :sad2:
But TAPER...TAPER...TAPER! :Pinkbounc

Oh my goodness Christa! You are adorable! :goodvibes

Holy cow! I just called to add the DDP to our Room Only, and since I had her on the phone I asked about moving to a deluxe.

Poly? No rooms.
Contemporary? No rooms
Yacht Club? No rooms
Beach Club? No rooms
Boardwalk? No rooms

:eek:

I just got back from my annual......."Ladies doctor" exam.......So here I am laying back, feet in the stirrups, wearing the very fashionable paper gown...and he's examining..."the girls". (I'm trying to tell you this story in the most Disney-like way I can!) :blush:

I must have winced a little because he was pushing on my side and asked me if that hurt. So I told him how I was really stretching now since my husband and I were training for the WDW Half Marathon. And he said "Oh, I did Goofy last year. I've done the Full and the Half before that."

Well, that was all brother! :eek: That was the end of any gynecological discussion!

I sat up on my elbows and started rapid firing questions at him. It was the best annual exam I ever had! How cool that he had done it! Realize I have not met one single person IRL that has ever done this. He also has done NYC many times. How cool is THAT!!?!?! :teeth:

To all of those who are burning the miles up, continue on your path, keep up the awesome work and a great job!

I finally kicked it into gear two day of running and I'm feeling good. It's not going to stop until I cross the finish line and have my Donald around my neck! No pain no gain :thumbsup2 I'm totally motivated right now that the adrenaline is super high!

ROTFL Judy! That's hilarious! (and very cool)

Way to go Kim!!!!!!

CARRIE.....

Hey...I just noticed that your timer said you were cruising Alaska...what cruise was it??? Was it the one that left on Sept. 11th??? What ship?? My DSM was on the Coral that cruised Alaska.

disneyfanz04 said:
CARRIE.....

Hey...I just noticed that your timer said you were cruising Alaska...what cruise was it??? Was it the one that left on Sept. 11th??? What ship?? My DSM was on the Coral that cruised Alaska.
I shoudl prbably take that off sometime, but that's a very sad thing to do. Then again, having WDW so close makes it easier.

My ship left on the 10th, I was on teh Veendam. We may have croseed paths somewhere btwn Seward and Vancouver, though.

Guys, I need help with my training plan. I did the same thing as last year and doubled up the weeks for MFM half training so I'm now on my second week of Week 6. I did aggravate my foot problem a couple weeks ago, but it seems to be slowly improving. For week 7 next week, I should be increasing my SR to 50 min each (from 40) and increasing LR to 7 miles. I'm certainly running more than I ever thought I could (R8/W2), but wondering if I should backoff a little to work more on pace and give my foot a bit of a break. Also, DD13 hasn't really started training yet and there's 13 weeks 'til the half.

What I'm thinkin...on Mon, maybe I should cut back to the normal MFM program and jump in at week 3. That would be SR of 30 min and LR starting back at 4 miles. Might give my foot a bit of a break by decreasing the pounding instead of increasing. It would also give me the opportunity to step into training with DD13. And the 4 mile LR this week would be a good post RftT recovery. I'm also considering training for R4/W1 instead of the R8/W2. I'm wondering if it would be easier on the breathing and foot to have shorter run times (though that also means shorter recovery times). I'd like to settle into a pace I can work with from here on out.

What do y'all think? Should I just stick with what I'm doing? I'm afraid changing it up too much could be just as bad as getting stuck in a rut.

:thumbsup2 Mel, your training sounds good to me, but what do I know...I just started implementing running with my walking. You guys are awesome with your training programs and dedication. Thanks for the constant motivation. :cool1: :thumbsup2

Mel - I think that sounds like a good plan. Plus, you know you can do the sidistance this year. That's a little mental edge. You'll end up shaking your porgram up a lot more if your foot gets worse. Plus, those back2back tought weeks could be even worse this year. JMO.

OK, did my tempo work. NOt too bad. Actually ran 30 sec faster pace than we were goign to try for. Glad I'm done now, though. I don't know how you people who do intervals all teh tiem do it. Getting going after each walk is so hard. Plus, to quote Scott, "Those 1 minutes walks haven't gotten any longer,have they?" ;)

Honeibee said:
I just got back from my annual......."Ladies doctor" exam.......So here I am laying back, feet in the stirrups, wearing the very fashionable paper gown...and he's examining..."the girls". (I'm trying to tell you this story in the most Disney-like way I can!) :blush:

I must have winced a little because he was pushing on my side and asked me if that hurt. So I told him how I was really stretching now since my husband and I were training for the WDW Half Marathon. And he said "Oh, I did Goofy last year. I've done the Full and the Half before that."

Well, that was all brother! :eek: That was the end of any gynecological discussion!

I sat up on my elbows and started rapid firing questions at him. It was the best annual exam I ever had! How cool that he had done it! Realize I have not met one single person IRL that has ever done this. He also has done NYC many times. How cool is THAT!!?!?! :teeth:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Very cool :teeth: . That's hardly the conversation that I would expect there....

Hi Team,

Just a quick check in from me -- I didn't accomplish anything last night (it was supposed to be my training night).....I have a little bit of a stomach bug....I'm hoping to head out with tomorrow morning though.

Good Morning TEAM: :surfweb:

Uuugh, I'm having a horrible week a work this week. It's really creeping in to my mood at home too. I feel totally drained. No training yesterday, scheduled rest day on the MfM plan. Yay! Today I'm going to my yoga class over lunch for my x-training. I need that too. I can't wait until the part where I lie on my back with my eyes closed. Anyhow, enough of my whining. I wanted to reply to some of my teammates here.

Judy- I never replied about your knee. I hope you are doing OK. Take it easy, let it rest and recover, and I bet you'll be back out there. All my best! BTW: I also wanted to say I loved your report on your 5K! You have come sooooo far. Don't give up now (not that I thought you would).

Mel/Chimera- It sounds like you've put a lot of thought into your training plan, and your change sounds like a good one. I'm impressed you've worked your way up to R8/W2, but I wouldn't push it with your foot. You might be a lot more comfortable with the R4/W1 pace. Good luck, and I hope your foot holds up.

Jodi- Hope you get over your stomach bug fast.

OK, time to get ready for work...

Mouse Skywalker said:
Good Morning TEAM: :surfweb:

Uuugh, I'm having a horrible week a work this week. It's really creeping in to my mood at home too. I feel totally drained.
Me too! Thank god, my vacation is just a few weeks away. :cloud9:.....Hope the situation at work improves for you though :goodvibes

Jodi- Hope you get over your stomach bug fast.
Thanks Dave - I hope so too! I really don't like sitting around doing nothing.

Ok does anyone else have problems going DOWN stairs?
Should I worry about this?
When should I worry?

Marathon training is making me into a complete hypochondriac! If something in my leg hurts I completely panic. My entire family is sick to death of analyzing every ache and pain in my legs and feet! So far everything has gone away with rest.

Jody - I loved your story about your Dr visit. Too Funny. :rotfl:

Cecilia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter