WOO HOO!! Alaska, Here we come! 8/25/2014

Has anyone looked at the Summer Sled Dog Excursions for Juneau?

We are torn between these two. Anyone else planning on either of these?

Dog Sled Summer Camp in Sheep Creek Valley

Sled Dog Discovery & Musher's Camp on Douglas Island

Thanks,

Renee

Received the welcome packet yesterday. Had DS open it. :) HURRY UP AUGUST!

We booked a couple weeks ago. SO excited! Just me and my DH.

We've taken 2 cruises prior, but never a Disney Cruise. We're on Deck 2, Oceanview Room. I really wanted a Navigator's Verandah but just couldn't justify the price.

As for excursions, the only thing we MUST do is the snorkeling trip in Ketchikan! I know it sounds crazy but we like snorkeling (we snorkeled the Great Barrier Reef in Australia in November) and this sounds too unique to pass up.

Also looking at the Salmon Bake for adults and maybe the scenic railway in Skagway? Although I think we'd like to skip excursions in port one day and just walk around the town and take it easy.

I'm thinking of getting some Pajama Jeans for wearing on the boat on the At Sea days... is that wrong? ;)

My husband has always wanted to go to Alaska, and I've always wanted to go on a Disney cruise...so we met in the middle :)

Becca, same exact situation here! I love it when a plan comes together. :thumbsup2

Hi! Finally found this board! My family and I will be on this cruise. DH, DS (13), DD (10), and me! Very excited to be going to Alaska for the first time. :cheer2:
Going to join the facebook page. Looking forward to joining the FE group also.

We just came back from our first Disney cruise--4 nights in the Bahamas on the Dream. It has made us super excited for Alaska. While inboard, we rebooked our room and upgraded to a Verandah. Our new room is 7578!!!

So, the onboard agent was wrong. He wrote down the room number for me--7578. When I went online to our reservation, our stateroom is listed as 7538. So, human error is to blame I guess.

So, the onboard agent was wrong. He wrote down the room number for me--7578. When I went online to our reservation, our stateroom is listed as 7538. So, human error is to blame I guess.

Easy to understand! We're just down the hall from each other! I've never cruised before, but I'm sure having the verandah is going to be awesome! Have you ever stayed in a verandah stateroom?

Easy to understand! We're just down the hall from each other! I've never cruised before, but I'm sure having the verandah is going to be awesome! Have you ever stayed in a verandah stateroom?
We just took our first cruise last week. Disney Dream, 4 nights in the Bahamas. It was fabulous! While Alaska will be a different trip, I think you will love it. We had an outside porthole room, which was nice and there is really no 'scenery' in the middle of the ocean/ Bahamas. Alaska is very landscape driven, so I think a verandah will be perfect. We originally had just a porthole room booked for Alaska. But, we used the discount offered onboard and upgraded to a verandah.

Has anyone started their FE gifts yet? Everyday I've been researching ideas. Not sure what we'll be bringing since we'll be flying to Vancouver.

Our oldest daughter was able to get time off from work to join us on our cruise! So rather than upgrading our stateroom to accommodate 5 people, we booked another room and put 2 of us in that room! I've updated the FE signup sheet with our 2nd stateroom information.

We will be sailing 8/25 as well! This is our first cruise and first trip to Alaska. It will be me (37), my DH (33) and our DD (5). Any cruising tips or suggestions are welcomed!! Thanks in advance!

We are in 7574! Looks like we will be neighbors. How do we sign up for the FE? I've looked through the threads here but it is all a bit confusing.

Thank you for starting the FE activity! This is our first cruise and we are excited! I signed up on the spreadsheet and requested to join the FB page. Do I need to do anything else?

With regrets, we have moved our reservations back to 2015. If anyone wants (and can act quickly), secret porthole room 5520 just opened up moments ago.

We wish you all a happy voyage!

We are in 7574! Looks like we will be neighbors. How do we sign up for the FE? I've looked through the threads here but it is all a bit confusing.

Yes, we are neighbours! This is our first cruise too. I've been reading for months now on this board and also on the Disney cruising Facebook page. So much information to take in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter