WOO HOO!! Alaska, Here we come! 8/25/2014

Yes, we are neighbours! This is our first cruise too. I've been reading for months now on this board and also on the Disney cruising Facebook page. So much information to take in!

Yes, it's a bit overwhelming! I'm interested to know how we send a box ahead of the sail date? I don't know how I'm going to pack all the fish extender stuff. And speaking of FE, do you give gifts to everyone individually or one gift per family? It looks like there are about 50+ participating in our group, and that could potentially be cost prohibitive. Any insight is appreciated! Thanks!

Yes, it's a bit overwhelming! I'm interested to know how we send a box ahead of the sail date? I don't know how I'm going to pack all the fish extender stuff. And speaking of FE, do you give gifts to everyone individually or one gift per family? It looks like there are about 50+ participating in our group, and that could potentially be cost prohibitive. Any insight is appreciated! Thanks!

Hopefully, someone else can answer your questions because I am wondering the same things. I've looked and looked for info on mailing a box to the Vancouver port, but couldn't find anything. If our FE group continues to grow, the group will more than likely be split into 2 groups. That's what I've read, anyway. You can give FE gifts however you want. There aren't any "rules" about that. Looks like it's just a fun thing to do.

Hopefully, someone else can answer your questions because I am wondering the same things. I've looked and looked for info on mailing a box to the Vancouver port, but couldn't find anything. If our FE group continues to grow, the group will more than likely be split into 2 groups. That's what I've read, anyway. You can give FE gifts however you want. There aren't any "rules" about that. Looks like it's just a fun thing to do.

Do you know when the cut-off date is for sign-ups? I am also looking into shipping a box ahead of the sail date to the hotel we will be staying at before we set sail. I heard you can't ship to the terminal like you can in Port Canaveral, FL. Anyone else having trouble sleeping because they're so excited or is it just me? :)

With regrets, we have moved our reservations back to 2015. If anyone wants (and can act quickly), secret porthole room 5520 just opened up moments ago. We wish you all a happy voyage!
We have also postponed to 2015. We sail August 31. Happy travels to you all! :)

Hated to do it, but we have also moved out a year. We decided a new tow rig for the trailer was more of a priority this year. We're now doing the Aug 17 2015 sailing.

I just heard from my travel agent that we can mail the fish extender stuff ahead of the cruise. This is the address:

Disney Wonder (or whatever ship you're on)
Guest Name
Sail Date
Stateroom Number
c/o Intercruises Shoreside and Port Services
CS Level, 999 Canada Place
Vancouver, BC V6C3E1

It has to have a value of less than $250 and less than 50lbs.

If for some reason this info is wrong based on your own investigation, please let me know! All I'm going by is what my Travel Agent has said.

I just booked room 2079 on this cruise :cool1: It will be me (36 at sailing), my DD (14 at sailing), and my mother (61 at sailing). DD and I did a Western Caribbean on the Fantasy last May and can't wait to cruise with Disney again. :) Looking forward to meeting you all and hopefully participating in a FE with the group.
Hello, also sailing with our 14 year old daughter on this cruise, on deck 2 also. Our daughter can't wait to check out Vibe. We also sailed on the Fantasy on a Western July/12.

I just booked room 2079 on this cruise :cool1: It will be me (36 at sailing), my DD (14 at sailing), and my mother (61 at sailing). DD and I did a Western Caribbean on the Fantasy last May and can't wait to cruise with Disney again. :) Looking forward to meeting you all and hopefully participating in a FE with the group.

Hi, On deck 2 for this cruise as well with our 14 year old daughter. Maybe we could have them meet during the cruise. Cruised on the Fantasy July/12 what a beautiful ship. Can't wait for Alaska!!:goodvibes

This will be my very first Disney cruise (first cruise ever actually). My husband has always wanted to go to Alaska, and I've always wanted to go on a Disney cruise...so we met in the middle :) We are cruising solo, sans our 4 kiddos! Happy 15th anniversary to us!

This is our second Disney Cruise. This one, like you, is sans kids (2 daughters) and also celebrating our 15 year anniversary!

Have a great trip!

So excited to be on this trip to Alaska - DD10 and DS8 me and the DH - looking forward to it and searching for tips and tricks!
Can't wait!:)

Hello everyone! Just found this group. This is our second Disney cruise. Last year we did the relocation from Vancouver to LA and are hooked. Traveling this time with our three children (twins are 5 and a 4 years old) and my mother and her friend. I have not had time to read though everything but will try...is there a FE group and can I join....FB group too?

Cant wait:cool1:

Marsha

Does anyone have teens that are planning to go on the Teen Only Adventure in Juneau?
My 2 want to go, but are hoping there will be others.
DD is 17 and DS 14

Hey guys - sorry I haven't replied to questions or anything... we leave in a week for the Transatlantic Cruise on the Magic and I'm super crazy busy preparing for that.

The FE may have multiple groups if we get that many participants. We should have at least 20 cabins in each group, so we will wait and see. Right now there are 21 cabins in the FE group.

Hi everyone,

We are a first time family ready to sail on 8/25. A friend suggested I check these boards and that's how I found this thread. I would like to join the FE group, but wasn't sure about protocols to do so? Should I just sign my family name/info in the spreadsheet? Can't believe I'm saying this...but I'm already looking forward to the "end" of summer. :)

Cheers!

Hi everyone, We are a first time family ready to sail on 8/25. A friend suggested I check these boards and that's how I found this thread. I would like to join the FE group, but wasn't sure about protocols to do so? Should I just sign my family name/info in the spreadsheet? Can't believe I'm saying this...but I'm already looking forward to the "end" of summer. :) Cheers!

We're first time cruisers too! Yes, you just enter your info into the spreadsheet. But I warn you, it is addicting! Everywhere you go and everything you do, you'll find yourself looking for FE ideas. Have fun and see you in 92 days! :-)

Thanks so much! Will fill out in a sec. I've already started "gathering" items for the exchange...and you're right...addicting! Looking forward to "seeing" you in August. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter