WOO HOO!! Alaska, Here we come! 8/25/2014

I just logged on at 12:01am a few days back to book our shore excursions/Palo/Spa etc... I am ready to go and thought I would pop back on here and see how the planning is going for everyone....
:)

So, these are our plans. Always willing to take tips or suggestions

Staying 2 nights prior at the Fairmont Waterfront
Day trip to Whistler Sunday
On board..just booked Palo for Dinner on Tracy Arm day and Brunch the final sea day on Sunday
Juneau...Harv & Marv whale watching
Skagway... best of Skagway tour followed by White Pass train back
Ketchikan--- Husband & Son are doing the 'deadliest catch' thing with dinner with the crew and the rest of us are doing the Disney Lumberjack show and then the Duck ride..plus walking around town.
We are going to book the final day Vancouver tour that takes us to the Airport while we are onboard..

Anyone have other ideas..thoughts? What are you doing? Did you book online yet or are you still waiting?

Does anyone have teens that are planning to go on the Teen Only Adventure in Juneau?
My 2 want to go, but are hoping there will be others.
DD is 17 and DS 14

I will also be travelling with DD 17 and DS 14.. but we are doing the Harv & Marv whale watching in Juneau. Hopefully our kids will meet up and have fun in the clubs.

So happy one joining your group. Booked today, paid in full and figuring out what excursions to book. Please add us to the FE. Dd10 ds 8. Me and DH.

We just booked an OGT! Our family of four consists of my husband, my 19 year old son, my 5 year old daughter, and myself. This will be our second Disney cruise, we also did the Vancouver to LA 5 day on the Wonder this past September. We live on Vancouver Island and really appreciate that we don't have to go far to get to the port.

We booked an OGT yesterday, so I'm going on my first cruise ever! Yay!

I'll be traveling with my DH Mike (10th anniversary of being together falls during the cruise!) and my DD Maya (8). We live in the Pacific Northwest, so the trip to port isn't a huge trek, but we'll fly to Vancouver the day before embarking. Still debating which hotel to go with -- leaning towards Fairmont Waterfront but not sure whether to book through DCL or independently.

Can't wait for 6/11 and day 75 so we can book our extra fun! Looking forward to cruising with you all!

Jenn

Is everyone getting excited!? The countdown is on at our house. What excursions is everyone doing?

My daughter and I are not officially booked for any excursions, I think we will just wander around at the ports and enjoy the scenery. We were on the Vancouver-LA repositioning cruise in September and my 5 year old could not get enough of the ship. My fingers are crossed Elsa and Anna are on the ship in August she would go bonkers if they are.

My son and husband had a hard time narrowing down what they wanted to do and finally settled on these:
Skagway-Glacier point Wilderness Safari
Juneau – Glacier Adventure by helicopter
Ketchikan-Bering Seas Crab Fisherman’s tour and dinner with the crew

My son is 19 so will be too old to enjoy the teen club, hopefully he will find some other older teens/young adults to hang out with. On our September cruise he brought a friend but this time around we couldn’t find anyone to go on such short notice.

I have a 5year old boy and a 8 year old daughter and we booked excursions for each day. we are going to take my daughter on the zip line in Skagway and the White pass Scenic Railway. In Juneau we are doing the musher's camp and dog sled. In Ketchikan my husband and I are leaving the kids with my parents and going to go snorkeling.
For anyone who has been on this cruise before would you recommend these excursions?

Does anyone know or is it to late to get into the FE group?

The facebook group is here: Alaska Wonder Cruise 8/25/14

At the top of the fb page is the link to the FE Group, and it's in this thread in the really early posts. I tried to posts it here but I haven't posted enough times to post a link. Maybe someone else can post the link directly.

We are doing the musher's camp in Skagway! Our DD is 5 and she is so excited about the dogs! Also the Wildlife Safari in Juneau and the Knudson Cove Salmon Fishing in Ketchikan.

The facebook group is an awesome resource! And I don't know when they plan on the cut-off date is for the FE but all you have to do is click on the google document and add your information there.

I can't believe we sail in 70 days!! :)

I have a 5year old boy and a 8 year old daughter and we booked excursions for each day. we are going to take my daughter on the zip line in Skagway and the White pass Scenic Railway. In Juneau we are doing the musher's camp and dog sled. In Ketchikan my husband and I are leaving the kids with my parents and going to go snorkeling.
For anyone who has been on this cruise before would you recommend these excursions?

Does anyone know or is it to late to get into the FE group?

I see we have a few groups who live in Vancouver on the cruise,
We are booked at the Executive Plaza Airport Hotel in Richmond for 3 days before the cruise, in a 2 bedroom .
Does anyone have any info or opinions. Trip Advisors run from very good to not so good?
Thanks

I see we have a few groups who live in Vancouver on the cruise,
We are booked at the Executive Plaza Airport Hotel in Richmond for 3 days before the cruise, in a 2 bedroom .
Does anyone have any info or opinions. Trip Advisors run from very good to not so good?
Thanks
I know I posted this on the other thread about it, but I've dealt with Executive before, and they are a good clean business hotel. The emphasis is on business. They don't have tons of amenities, but they have good professional service and cleanliness. So if you go in expecting a vacation hotel, you will be disappointed, if you go in expecting a business hotel, then you will be very satisfied.

Hopefully that helps you out.

(I helped run a convention for many years, and Executive Hotels had several contracts from us for putting up guests and we did not have issues. It was not this particular location, but I have dealt with this location as well).

I'm wondering if anyone else is attempting to rent a car in Vancouver on the debarkation day? I've tried most of the major rental companies and they've said that their downtown offices are closed on September 1st because of the holiday.

I was able to track down a car at Avis for the trip back, but its a little bit more than I wanted to spend. Anyone know if the other places might be open and their websites just don't reflect that?

I'm wondering if anyone else is attempting to rent a car in Vancouver on the debarkation day? I've tried most of the major rental companies and they've said that their downtown offices are closed on September 1st because of the holiday. I was able to track down a car at Avis for the trip back, but its a little bit more than I wanted to spend. Anyone know if the other places might be open and their websites just don't reflect that?

I would try the car rentals at the airport. You'll just have to arrange transportation to the airport.

I'm wondering if anyone else is attempting to rent a car in Vancouver on the debarkation day? I've tried most of the major rental companies and they've said that their downtown offices are closed on September 1st because of the holiday.

I was able to track down a car at Avis for the trip back, but its a little bit more than I wanted to spend. Anyone know if the other places might be open and their websites just don't reflect that?

We're flying from Vancouver but we have a rental car booked from Dollar for the day before the cruise. They have an office downtown.

No idea if they're open but I wanted to at least pass along the information in case you haven't tried them. According to my paperwork, their address is 413 Seymour Street.

41 more days!! :cheer2:

I'm anxiously awaiting my OGT assignment, did anyone who booked GT get assigned yet?

I've been reading a lot about these cute decorations and something about registering to participate in the exchange. How does one register? TIA.

I've been reading a lot about these cute decorations and something about registering to participate in the exchange. How does one register? TIA.

Welcome to the board! Sorry I'm not any help in regards to the FE. I do believe if you join the facebook site you will find instructions and a sign up sheet there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter