Would You Stay in an Adults-Only Disney Resort?

No, my husband HATES Disney World. He only agreed to a November trip because our grandchildren's parents will be stationed in S. Korea for 4 yrs. starting in December.

No, because in my experience adults are way more disruptive at Disney than the kids. I'm not against anyone else staying at one if that's what floats your boat, but I'd be super surprised if Disney ever did that. Not that they don't appreciate the adult crowd, but families with kids are their bread and butter.

Oh exactly this! Adults annoy me way more than kids ever could.

I personally would never stay in an adults only hotel because I actually love being around my kids.
Yea, its not about YOUR kids. ;)

Oh, so you support - out of 30+ WDW hotels - if WDW opened one that excludes people over age 55?
How about one that excluded white people?
Or one excluded any other group, like Protestants?
WTAF.!? lol

Children are no more disruptive than many adults. Personally, babies and small children tend to cry because they have no other option, or they have not yet learned to regulate their emotions. I empathize. Infants tend to cry because they are hungry/in pain and that is the only way they can communicate. I empathize.

Adults are often loud due to over-intoxication.
And that's why no one is talking about an alcohol-fest, just adult only, not a nightclub atmosphere.

so is it not morally correct that I as a solo passenger take up a room on Disney cruise that is meant for a family, and that me booking a cruise as a solo I am denying a family the Disney cruise experience?

so is it not morally correct that I as a solo guest in a Disney park book table service meals and sit at a 4 top table, which is denying a family the same experience?

Is that your issue, that an adults only Disney experience is denying a child a Disney experience?
I did not post anything remotely like that.
I was asked if I think a hotel that prohibits children is a good idea. I do not think that is a good idea.
that's all.

Disney should welcome solo visitors.

just wow. It is against the law to say that a person of a certain race or religion can’t stay at a hotel but it is not against the law to have age restrictions.

I totally get it if you would have no interest in saying at an adults only hotel but why are you so against it existing for adults that do find it appealing?
I have already answered this multiple times.

Guess all the grandparents will have to find another hotel to stay at. But personally, I’d be fine with a family only hotel. Which is kind of what they did with some sections & family suites in the values. So I don’t see the argument against adult only sections.
Anyone can stay in a family suite.

Family also applies to adults or people who have no children. Family means different things to a lot of people, that's not for you to judge or decide. It's a hypothetical question, not sure why you are so defensive. If you don't want to ever stay in an adults only hotel/resort, then don't - it's your choice. It's not discriminative or offensive for someone to want to stay somewhere without children. Even at Disney.

Four adults are currently free to stay anywhere on property.
I'm replying to people who have quoted me. I agree all hypothetical.
We disagree on the last point.

Mom of 4 girls who are their dad and moms world!!! With that said I do not understand why so many people get upset with the thought of an adult only resort. Disney has so many options available to families why not allow a resort to cater to a different age group. Our closest neighbors are an elderly couple who love our kids and are "adopted" grandparents to them. They still love their adult only bus trips, point is just because they like to get away without kids doesn't mean they don't enjoy kids. I love the Disboards and have belonged for many years, I just wish people would not take every comment as a personal attack. I would love a quiet resort at WDW for the few times in our lives that my dh and I can get away alone!!! Moderators please close the post!

Mom of 4 girls who are their dad and moms world!!! With that said I do not understand why so many people get upset with the thought of an adult only resort. Disney has so many options available to families why not allow a resort to cater to a different age group. Our closest neighbors are an elderly couple who love our kids and are "adopted" grandparents to them. They still love their adult only bus trips, point is just because they like to get away without kids doesn't mean they don't enjoy kids. I love the Disboards and have belonged for many years, I just wish people would not take every comment as a personal attack. I would love a quiet resort at WDW for the few times in our lives that my dh and I can get away alone!!! Moderators please close the post!
A voice of reason. :)

Yea, its not about YOUR kids. ;)

WTAF.!? lol

And that's why no one is talking about an alcohol-fest, just adult only, not a nightclub atmosphere.
Is it better to say I'm a teacher and love being around kids in general? 😉 Nor did I say Disney couldn't have an adult only hotel, just that I wouldn't be interested... so get over my comment k

But hey friend thanks for your reply it's totally added value to my life 👍

I could see a once a year adult only cruise being a draw…
Virgin cruise lines has several adults only cruises now. I don't know that a once a year Disney cruise would be necessary. I think for me, the idea of a Disney cruise without kids sounds weird but a hotel at the world doesn't. A cruise ship is just too small of a place and it is designed to be for kids and families so to adapt it once a year would feel weird. Walking by the empty spaces allocated for kid activities and such...

Personally, I feel like more places in Vegas should be adults only. They turned that place into a weird evil Disney attempt when I was a kid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter