You Are Not The First To Pass This Way: 2nd Magic Baltic Cruise, 6/24/2010

UPDATE! We have a place to stay! :banana::banana: With one hour to spare..Thanks for all of the suggestions and well wishes.. !

Mardonna, I hope things start looking up!

leaving for the plane! See you all there!

So glad to here that it all worked out. Have a safe trip and we will all see you soon.

Mardonna, hope you are feeling better. I'm sure your loss of luggage will be covered some way. Maybe even your homeowners insurance. Just remember to save all receipts. Wishing you the best.

i could not sleep at all last night...have had migrane since we gort here.....very sick from it....couldn't get out of bed this am.....extreme jet lag....husband and a nanny had to take kids out......what a bummer.....still no luggage...it must have been stolen.....ughhh....BA has no uodates....will Disney trip insurance cover this? I ooked airfare on own....purchased with Amex Pltum cd...donm't they offer insurance? So upsetting

Hope you feel better soon and that somehow your luggage shows up. We will be quite happy with whatever you wear, so don't worry if you can't find any fancy dresses or outfits for the cruise. Just get over that jetlag and get rid of that migraine so you can enjoy being in London. And I will keep my fingers crossed that somehow your luggage does get back to you somehow. :wizard:

well...arrived in London safely.....we had 9 pieces of luggage...2 of them did not show up.....we have LV luggage and my husband spotted a whole cart of LV being loaded into aporters cart....we are pretty sure the luggage was accidently taken by these people but why they have not returned it or maybe there intention was to steal it...who knows....all I know is that I had to spend a whole day trying on and purchasing clothes for myself and the baby....not what I wanted to be doing...and clothes I bought were not what I wanted.......that was first drama....2nd one was showing up at house we rented and someone was in in....booking agent made mistake...ughhh...they put us up in another house but not the location or house we booked. All 4 of my kids were car sick from being in car so long....I have had a headache since we landed....I keep tellingmy self it will get better....I will have no clothes for fromals nights because I refuse to go get shoes ad looks for stuff....so don't make fun of me when I am wearing regular clothes ....UGHHH

Sorry to hear about trouble you are having. Hopefully the rest of the trip goes better.

I had to contact my TA regarding a minor dining issue and I asked her about the number of passengers on our ship, just out of curiousity. Her reply was "your ship is full with the exception of a few oceanview staterooms". Interesting, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

The weather looks like it will be pretty pleasant. I'm just beginning to think about packing and was wondering if anyone will be wearing jeans to dinner (yes, I've seen all the posts on this subject, but it seems like "dressed up" jeans should be fine, especially given our luggage restrictions and the length of the trip).

Good luck to everyone on their last-minute preparations and I am keeping my fingers crossed for those of you already over there - especially the folks that lost their luggage!

Website still shows availability for Cat 12, 11 and 10... does the website still work this close to the cruise?

(There are still Palo brunch/dinner reservations available - that's unusual for a nearly full cruise)

So who is blogging on this cruise? I would love to follow along. We are on the July 18th Cruise. Have a great time and warm it all up for us.
Kay

I really don't think this cruise will sail full. I was just playing around on the DCL site and found cat. 5,6,7,8,9,10,11, & 12 all showing availability. I put in all kinds of different passenger combinations and kid ages. I guess we shall see when we get onboard.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend. We will all probably be packing!!

We just got off the Barcelona-Dover repo, which was only about 2/3 full. During each dining seating, there were only two rotations. On the last night, our server told us that all the servers had been called together for a meeting and told that they would be averaging 8-9 guests per seating for the Baltic when they usually get 17-18 per seating. Our stateroom host only had 9 of his 15 staterooms occupied and he said that there were a couple of stateroom hosts with only 2 of their rooms occupied.

Wow. Thanks for sharing that information. What a change that's going to be from what we're used to on the trips out of Port Canaveral. Do you guys think that's due to the recession or are these destinations not as popular in general? Or did Disney just make a pricing mistake? I wonder if the same is true for the Med cruises.

On the blogging question, I don't blog, but I was sort of thinking to do a live post from the cruise. Now that it appears that internet access is pretty bad, I'm not sure I will be able to, but that's been the plan.

One of the June 12 bloggers referred to making flubber - when there aren't a lot of kids aboard they open up the kid clubs to the adults who get to make flubber too.

Do you guys think that's due to the recession or are these destinations not as popular in general? Or did Disney just make a pricing mistake? I wonder if the same is true for the Med cruises.

Combination of all three, and with the discounts they are offering (especially the cast member rates) I believe it is also true of many of the Med cruises. With the first two Baltics I am sure the timing and school schedules had something to do with it also.

We are heading to the airport in an hour. We are scheduled to arrive at Gatwick Sunday morning at 7:00 am. Looking forward to seeing everyone aboard the Magic on Thursday. Hope everyone has a safe trip to Dover.

We are heading to the airport in an hour. We are scheduled to arrive at Gatwick Sunday morning at 7:00 am. Looking forward to seeing everyone aboard the Magic on Thursday. Hope everyone has a safe trip to Dover.

Safe travels to you! Enjoy!

Safe travels to you! Enjoy!

What she said! Hope you have an uneventful travel day!!

So we've finally started to tackle packing. Nothing actually in the duffel bags yet, but DD 14 and I are each about 75% of the way there. I can say for sure that it is the nighttime outfits that are going to cause the luggage to be full. Everything else is pretty straightforward. I'm hoping to get DD 12 caught up tomorrow. DH is on his own, but he's always the lightest packer! For the DDs at least, on the she front it looks like I'm going to get away with one pair of walking shoes, 1 pair of flip-flops, one dressy sandal and one pair of ballet flats. That's pretty good!!

I was going to get away with four pairs of shoes but I think I broke a toe last night. Depending on how it feels in a couple days I may need to wear open shoes more often than not. And it will be a problem if I can't get the walking shoes on.

I was going to get away with four pairs of shoes but I think I broke a toe last night. Depending on how it feels in a couple days I may need to wear open shoes more often than not. And it will be a problem if I can't get the walking shoes on.

Ugh!! Hope you can rest it the remainder of the weekend and that it will be alright. Maybe for the cruise you can wrap it really well and the walking shoes won't cause the toe any trouble. Ice and motrin!!

Ice and ibuprofen, that is what all my nurse friends say - and it may not be broken either.

Except for the airports major walking is not needed until we hit Oslo on Saturday (is it really NEXT Saturday?) although I was planning on doing some deck walking to counteract some of the food and booze I will have on the ship.

Hope your toe is really on the mend so that walking, whether as a tourist or for exercise, isn't too painful!:goodvibes

One of the June 12 bloggers referred to making flubber - when there aren't a lot of kids aboard they open up the kid clubs to the adults who get to make flubber too.

Combination of all three, and with the discounts they are offering (especially the cast member rates) I believe it is also true of many of the Med cruises. With the first two Baltics I am sure the timing and school schedules had something to do with it also.

We were fortunate to take advantage of the awesome military rate and booked this cruise 5 weeks ago...it's our first disney cruise too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter