«« When Will Park Hours For _____ Be Posted?

Are you sure? I just checked and almost every day a park opens early

Sorry yeah, I am talking about the evening hours. Generally speaking; at least one park would be open late each night in the past. Of course AK is now going to be ope till 11pm regularly in the summer and MK will have a Paid EMH event some nights, however it still seems strange that not a single night while I am there is MK going to be open late, or EPOCT, or HS.

We're taking advantage of MK from 10 to midnight on June 15 but waiting for it to change. Want to see midnight to 2 am as the extra

I'm still waiting for park hours for the week after Thanksgiving. I want to plan my days so I hope they come out soon. It looks like the November travel agent calendar has AK closing at 5 everyday. Are the nighttime attractions only for the summer or are we expecting those hours for November will change as time goes on?

I'm still waiting for park hours for the week after Thanksgiving. I want to plan my days so I hope they come out soon. It looks like the November travel agent calendar has AK closing at 5 everyday. Are the nighttime attractions only for the summer or are we expecting those hours for November will change as time goes on?
I've read somewhere (can't recall now with all the changes and all the info sources!!) that in less busy times or off season AK might only be open late on SELECT NIGHTS. Don't know if that's true or if it has been confirmed by Disney.

Btw: I still don't have AK evening park hours for our AUGUST trip!! Who know when this is coming... :(

I've read somewhere (can't recall now with all the changes and all the info sources!!) that in less busy times or off season AK might only be open late on SELECT NIGHTS. Don't know if that's true or if it has been confirmed by Disney.

Btw: I still don't have AK evening park hours for our AUGUST trip!! Who know when this is coming... :(
Yikes! I guess I better not rely on the schedule for making my ADR then. Guess I'm going to have to wing it and hope they work out!!!

Yikes! I guess I better not rely on the schedule for making my ADR then. Guess I'm going to have to wing it and hope they work out!!!
That's what I feel like I'm doing for Aug and Nov!! I plan somewhat around EMH, but they have even been changing these with little notice here and there more recently. We can only do our best! :)

Any word for night hours at AK for the fall months sept/oct or will it remain closing at 5pm? How about fireworks at Disney Studios in the fall?

I sure hope they change the hours for June. I can't believe there are no MK closings at midnight, much less no lets go crazy and stay up past 2 am nights either. For that matter, early closings of HS and Epcot not much better. I guess I never kept track but I'm sure June hours were extended in the past BEFORE June arrive. :/
I'm scratching my head over this too! We are there June 17-23 and I am really surprised HS closes at 830 and MK at 10 most nights of my trip except for their respective extra magic hours nights!

Is Animal Kingdom only open late during the summer? I'm going late August, early September...still shows 5PM?

to be fair, AK still showing 5pm close from 3rd July onwards, I assume it'll change for the 4th but annoying they leave it so late, Y&Y taking later bookings in July

We are going November 13-20 and the hours have been released for that week (kinda disapointed in how early everything is closing, especially MK at 4:30 PM on 11/17 - what's up with that??) If you look at the Park Events page for that week, there is not MSEP or Wishes scheduled for any night that week. Will that possibly change? We've always gone this same week in November every year, and they always do both. Seems like they are really cutting back this year.

We are going November 13-20 and the hours have been released for that week (kinda disapointed in how early everything is closing, especially MK at 4:30 PM on 11/17 - what's up with that??) If you look at the Park Events page for that week, there is not MSEP or Wishes scheduled for any night that week. Will that possibly change? We've always gone this same week in November every year, and they always do both. Seems like they are really cutting back this year.

yes, I'm wondering the samething as we are checking in on the 12th, and don't see any Wishes fireworks the following week. I thought there were fireworks every night in MK. I thought I heard the early closing on 11/17 was for Cast member appreciation.

to be fair, AK still showing 5pm close from 3rd July onwards, I assume it'll change for the 4th but annoying they leave it so late, Y&Y taking later bookings in July

Yep. They really need give a better idea of what park hours will be this summer/fall for AK. I just tried messing around in the reservation system and it appears Y&Y is taking reservations as late as 8pm through Aug 20 as of right now. On the 21st, the latest I can search the system for is 5:00pm.

We are going Dec 11-16th. My ADR date is 6/14. Should I count on the Dec hours being out before 6/14?
Will we be able to see the HS Star Wars Fireworks?
Will we be able to see the new AK ROL?
What other things have been added since our last visit in Oct?

Thanks for you opinions :)

Last edited:
I happened to notice that December 2015 park hours were posted the second Friday in May (May 11, 2015), so I am hoping for park hours very soon!

Looks like they finally extended some June hours. I see MK open until midnight and typhoon lagoon/blizzard beach hours extended as well. Not sure if this is for the whole month, I looked at the week of the 20th.

woohoo! MK hours extended and even one evening closing at midnight on our trip which is awesome. Waterpark hours extended too, all the panic and outrage on this board and Dis comes through yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter