“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to be so long in posting, but I wanted to send a shout-out to the CM's working 9/18. We were outside and had an absolutely fantastic evening!! We were outside and the view was amazing - and FEA was the cherry on top! I especially appreciate the saint who entertained our tablemate's 5-year-old son for almost 30 straight minutes before the fireworks!
Glad you had a great experience. Although I wasn't there, I'm going to take credit for it anyway. Did you happen to notice the name on the name tag of the CM that kept the 5 year old busy?

I too am late posting but just wanted to let everyone know we had a great time. We were there on 09/17 and it was a beautiful night so we got the outdoor seating. Unfortunately I ended up in a wheelchair for part of our trip and unfortunately we were put at a back table so a lot of my photos of what was going on on the water had the people at the table in front of us heads in them as I was unable to stand to get my camera above them but still a great night. The only real downer for the night was when we arrived and were seated ( we were one of the first to be seated) I politely asked the CM who was seating us if it would be possible to be moved to a front table as I was unable to stand to take photos. She was quite nasty and rudely told me you don't get to pick and choose you know and anyway you will still be able to see everything and rushed off before I could even reply. I was taken aback and it took a bit of the shine off the evening for me. But on the upside everything else was brilliant and we would definitely do it again.

Glad you had a great experience. Although I wasn't there, I'm going to take credit for it anyway. Did you happen to notice the name on the name tag of the CM that kept the 5 year old busy?

I wish I had! The child wasn't with my immediate party - we just happened to be seated at a table with his family. But he was having a hard time sitting after a long park day and lots of sweets. (I will say - the Sprite over the cotton candy drink was a huge hit with him!) His dad mentioned how wonderful the cast member was with him. I do know he was along the side that borders the fast pass location - evidently the CM was letting him help with the directing flash light.

Just booked this for our party of 5 for December 7th. I've been checking for the past couple weeks, and no availability for our week. We were later than normal booking our "extras" as we waited for some stuff to shake out. This morning, something popped. Thanking my lucky stars. :)

There isn't a venue available that is close enough to both the FEA ride and the viewing area. Assessments of the alternate venue do vary and are somewhat subjective.
That's fair. How much should it be?

I'm obviously just joining this thread, so replying late.

I'm just spitballing here, but...how about a $10 Disney GC per guest? It would be easy to distribute at the end of the night, would require no extra processing, etc (meaning no need to refund individual guests CCs), and I think that's a fair equivalent to missing the "private" ride in terms of the total price of the experience....about 13% of the total.

Honestly, we have Frozen FPd (we're at Epcot twice during our trip, anyway....so Frozen one day, Soarin the other), so for us it wouldn't be a huge deal if the ride was down on party night. It's a nice extra. BUT, for those using this as their defacto FP for their trip, I can see the frustration.

Countdown..... One week until I get to experience this dessert party. I am so looking for it.

Is it next Thursday yet ?

Just wanted to pop in and say we really enjoyed our party on 10/4! Although we had a table of fun suckers. After trying about 3 times to make friends and chat, we gave up. It was DH and I seated with a mom and 2 kids. I'm not sure if she thought since we had no kids we had no business being there or what, but she was downright rude. We had a delightful photopass guy, loved all the treats and drinks and I can't say enough good things about the view!! Those frozen glasses make it so fun!! Awesome evening!!

Although we had a table of fun suckers.
I'll have to remember that phrase.
I'm not sure if she thought since we had no kids we had no business being there or what
She was wrong if she thought that. The FEA party is not designed mainly for kids.
she was downright rude.
If that happens to anyone, and if you feel that it will detract from your party experience, don't hesitate to go to any CM and tell them you want to speak to the manager on duty. Politely and calmly describe your situation. They will, if a table is available to them, set up or move you to another table. If for some reason they can't, consider a refund.

IMG_9693.JPG @FastPasser any chance you will be at the party Monday (10/16)? These cute faces would love to meet you! :flower1: (Or Hallowishes on Tuesday or Starwars on Friday? Lol!!)

Last edited:
Just wanted to pop in and say we really enjoyed our party on 10/4! Although we had a table of fun suckers. After trying about 3 times to make friends and chat, we gave up. It was DH and I seated with a mom and 2 kids. I'm not sure if she thought since we had no kids we had no business being there or what, but she was downright rude. We had a delightful photopass guy, loved all the treats and drinks and I can't say enough good things about the view!! Those frozen glasses make it so fun!! Awesome evening!!
Maybe she just didn’t want to talk to strangers. I don’t like random people talking to me either. Just because you’re sat together doesn’t mean you should feel any obligation to make conversation with strangers. Doesn’t make them “fun suckers”. Introvert here, just giving a different perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter