“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd really wish they would release Feb dates. Tomorrow opens my FP selection window and I really do not want to have to get a Frozen FP if they are going to offer the Dessert Party.
I really don’t understand why it’s taking so long? I already have my HEA dessert party booked and I’d like to get this one booked as well. My dates aren’t until March so I have some time yet but how frustrating for you to not know if you need to get a Frozen FP! Disney expects us to plan so far in advance it would be nice if they could help us out and at least give us 60 days for events like this.

I'd really wish they would release Feb dates. Tomorrow opens my FP selection window and I really do not want to have to get a Frozen FP if they are going to offer the Dessert Party.
I seriously doubt that the FEA party will be discontinued anytime soon.

As to whether or not you should get a FEA FP, as a backup I would. There's no guarantee that you'll be able to ride FEA as part of the party. If FEA goes down when party guests are supposed to ride it, and it has happened on more than one occasion, you may be out of luck. There is guest recovery, but for various reasons, it doesn't work for many guests.

Another one waiting for February and March dates to open up (actually I will be booking March 2). Also it would be nice if Disney adjusted president week park hours as well!

@stink how did your FP selection go?

Overall it went really well. I was started booking right at 7 AM, during the selection process the page gave me graphic of Olaf saying there was a problem, but each time I was able to refresh and continue on with no issue and really no wait for the re-fresh time.

I got a Frozen FP in case there is no dessert party, but it messes up my ideal EPCOT touring plan (first world problems).

I was able to get FOP twice during our week. :woohoo: I was pleased that the start times for FOP FP are 10:15 for one day and 10:20 for the other day and not at the end of the day. :woohoo: So I do not have to change my dinner or lunch meal reservations to accommodate a conflicting FOP time or be rushed at a meal time/worried about making a FP time.

I did have some flexible to be able to choose two Animal Kingdom days out of a possibly of 4 touring days and we have Hoppers. So I picked the ones that had the FOP availability at the best time for us.

DHS & MK, was able to get what I wanted at the times I wanted.:jumping3::jumping3: No issues with Mine Train. I booked Mine Train after FOP, and after our EPCOT day and it seemed to have lots of availability. Over a year ago, I was booking fastpasses and it seemed like Frozen and Mine Train were so difficult, but this time I found plenty of availability. YMMV

I luv Disney, but my biggest bug-a-boo is all the advanced planning without having all the release dates and times for entertainment etc. :surfweb:

Overall it went really well. I was started booking right at 7 AM, during the selection process the page gave me graphic of Olaf saying there was a problem, but each time I was able to refresh and continue on with no issue and really no wait for the re-fresh time.

I got a Frozen FP in case there is no dessert party, but it messes up my ideal EPCOT touring plan (first world problems).

I was able to get FOP twice during our week. :woohoo: I was pleased that the start times for FOP FP are 10:15 for one day and 10:20 for the other day and not at the end of the day. :woohoo: So I do not have to change my dinner or lunch meal reservations to accommodate a conflicting FOP time or be rushed at a meal time/worried about making a FP time.

I did have some flexible to be able to choose two Animal Kingdom days out of a possibly of 4 touring days and we have Hoppers. So I picked the ones that had the FOP availability at the best time for us.

DHS & MK, was able to get what I wanted at the times I wanted.:jumping3::jumping3: No issues with Mine Train. I booked Mine Train after FOP, and after our EPCOT day and it seemed to have lots of availability. Over a year ago, I was booking fastpasses and it seemed like Frozen and Mine Train were so difficult, but this time I found plenty of availability. YMMV

I luv Disney, but my biggest bug-a-boo is all the advanced planning without having all the release dates and times for entertainment etc. :surfweb:
I’m so glad to hear it went well for you!!! Gives me hope for my FP day next month!

I had a good FP experience today too, Tink. Also frustrated that we do not know FEA dessert dates. We had flexibility with dates and parks but now with meals and FP booked, it becomes harder to switch parks if part is not offered.

I had a good FP experience today too, Tink. Also frustrated that we do not know FEA dessert dates. We had flexibility with dates and parks but now with meals and FP booked, it becomes harder to switch parks if part is not offered.
I’m glad to hear you had good luck as well! It is frustrating for sure how long they’re taking with this. Hopefully it opens up soon and the dates work out for you!

Just wondering if the temp not including the rain effect if they would hold the event indoors. It’s going to get pretty low it looks like at night starting this weekend and not sure how warm to dress. TIA. Pretty excited for the trifecta of dessert parties!!

Just wondering if the temp not including the rain effect if they would hold the event indoors. It’s going to get pretty low it looks like at night starting this weekend and not sure how warm to dress.
If they feel that it's going to be uncomfortably cold, the party will be moved indoors to the second floor at the Norway pavilion. It doesn't happen often. It's not a bad backup venue but not as nice as the regular location. Same thing if it appears that it will rain during the party.

February dates are open. Looks like it's available Feb 1,2,4,7,8,11,14,15,16,17,18,19,21,24,25,26,28. Nothing for March yet. :sad1:

@stink @pbc2

ETA the dates are showing no availability so perhaps they are actually live yet. Maybe they’ll add March yet!

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I checked this afternoon and panicked because I could not book any dates but sounds like it is a glitch and hopefully there is availability.

Thanks for the update. I checked this afternoon and panicked because I could not book any dates but sounds like it is a glitch and hopefully there is availability.
I think it’s bevause they’re freshly loaded. They definitely weren’t there this morning so there’s no way they’d be sold out that fast!

Thanks for posting the dates !

For me the dates do not work, without significant rearrangement of schedules. and Fast Passes.

Disney - if your reading these boards, you lost out on our $ for the party by releasing your dates so late. Our Fast Passes are booked and other evening entertainment is booked (I would have worked it in the schedule if I had the Feb dates prior to Fast Pass booking). But I just do not have the time or energy to re-arrange everything.

Thanks for posting the dates !

For me the dates do not work, without significant rearrangement of schedules. and Fast Passes.

Disney - if your reading these boards, you lost out on our $ for the party by releasing your dates so late. Our Fast Passes are booked and other evening entertainment is booked (I would have worked it in the schedule if I had the Feb dates prior to Fast Pass booking). But I just do not have the time or energy to re-arrange everything.
That’s too bad. I honestly don’t think it’s too much to ask that they at least release these things prior to FP booking.

I think it’s bevause they’re freshly loaded. They definitely weren’t there this morning so there’s no way they’d be sold out that fast!

Dang I can't book either it told me non available. I bet it's a glitch I think I read for other dates it took a few days to actually open.

Tonight is our night!!! Dhs this morning, then epcot this afternoon! My yougest is chomping at the bit for the party! If anyone else is going, I will be wesring my dangerous to go alone zelda shirt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter