12/16/06 10-day holiday cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kat - I am trying not to pack for my 1/28/06 so I understand! Glad to see the postst from you Turkey Cruisers. I like hearing about your trip.

Sue

Kat,
you won't be alone at late seating. We really like it. It gave us time to get back from shore excursions, relax. And decide if we wanted to see the early show or not. No rush to eat. Our seating time this past Nov. was at 8:00 Pm each night. We really had a lot of fun at late dining. The late dining also had very few younger age kids. But there were LOTS OF BIG KIDS! :rolleyes: -(See below)

f147a69c.jpg

W

Sue, I could get away with starting to pack for that one. Wish I was going with you! I could use a cruise right now. It has gotten really cold here and it isn't even officially winter yet!

W - that sounds good. My DH is a big kid so he will fit in well. DD will likely be eating with the kids most nights so we should be fine. We will definitely have to link everyone together and get seated near/with the rest of our crazy crew. We have never done that so it will be fun to have folks we have gotten to know prior to the cruise.

KatHuss said:
It will be interesting to see how many we finally end up with. I am sure there will be a lot of us. I am in the apparent minority who have chosen late dinner seating, a first for us (we usually do early). Still, it should be fun.

And only 53.71 weeks left until we depart! Pretty soon we will be under the one year mark, woohoooo!!! Can I start packing yet???? No, that would probably see me in divorce court, never mind!

Kat.....when the late/early debate comes up I ALWAYS tell the story of me strolling down by the internet cafe around 6 sipping one of my favorite beverages, thinking about a relaxing day at port, checking on my DD to let her know we have a couple of hours before dinner when down the stairs comes a family of about 8 Mom, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa and kids yelling and screaming "come on hurry up, we have already missed the pictures lets not be late for dinner......again!

We have always eaten early, primarily because of DD. We decided that on this cruise we will let her eat early in the buffet if she wants and then we will go to dinner without her most days (I would like her to have dinner with us on Christmas Day). When we cruised in June we were a table away from what appeared to be a single mom with a child still in a stroller. By the last night she and the child were the only ones at their large table. She brought the stroller in and then kept trying to feed him but he kept screaming. Why she insisted on staying in there with him I have no idea but we had had enough. Fortunately we had pretty much finished our dinner so we got up and left but I understand what you mean about avoiding that type of thing!

On the '04 holiday cruise the early and late Dis folks had the same tables/servers. I kept saying I was going to visit the late group but never got around to it. Maybe this cruise we can switch for a dinner.

Sue

KatHuss said:
We have always eaten early, primarily because of DD. We decided that on this cruise we will let her eat early in the buffet if she wants and then we will go to dinner without her most days (I would like her to have dinner with us on Christmas Day). When we cruised in June we were a table away from what appeared to be a single mom with a child still in a stroller. By the last night she and the child were the only ones at their large table. She brought the stroller in and then kept trying to feed him but he kept screaming. Why she insisted on staying in there with him I have no idea but we had had enough. Fortunately we had pretty much finished our dinner so we got up and left but I understand what you mean about avoiding that type of thing!

Kat....just noticed....where are you from in Indiana?

wdwgoose said:
OFF TOO SEE DAAAAAAAAAAA MOUSE

HEY gaRry....a little late, but HAVE A SAFE TRIP :wave:

Just got back from at weekend at the Mouse House and what a great time. Great people, weather was perfect and went solo so I could do what I wanted when I wanted. Did the Segway Tour and I highly recommend it. It was fantastic and very easy to operate. Told hubby, "I want one!!"

Kat, I'm on late seating too so you're not alone. I think Denise is too. I would be happy to do the arrangments for linking the Late Seating. It's still too early to get the lists together and I would not call until about the 30 day mark. On the '04 cruise someone switched to early after we were all linked and the entire group ended up being switched to early. It was a bit of a nightmare for a few days, so it's best to wait. Willie, I love late seating too. You really don't feel rushed, especially after a day in the ports.

magiroux said:
HEY gaRry....a little late, but HAVE A SAFE TRIP :wave:

Just got back from at weekend at the Mouse House and what a great time. Great people, weather was perfect and went solo so I could do what I wanted when I wanted. Did the Segway Tour and I highly recommend it. It was fantastic and very easy to operate. Told hubby, "I want one!!"

Kat, I'm on late seating too so you're not alone. I think Denise is too. I would be happy to do the arrangments for linking the Late Seating. It's still too early to get the lists together and I would not call until about the 30 day mark. On the '04 cruise someone switched to early after we were all linked and the entire group ended up being switched to early. It was a bit of a nightmare for a few days, so it's best to wait. Willie, I love late seating too. You really don't feel rushed, especially after a day in the ports.

Mary Ann......Willie and I linked together and everyone else linked to "us" so both would have had to switched to early.....

This will be our 3rd DCL cruise and we have chosen late seating for all of the cruises. Our DS who will be 7 at the time of the '06 cruise would not want to sit for such a long dinner whether we chose early or late seating. He loves the OC and spends most of his time at the Club. Other advantages of late seating--the character breakfast and the last morning breakfast are not at the crack of dawn--Our DS always has graced us w/ his presence at those meals!!

Lisa

Ron, we are from Muncie. I think we had this conversation earlier when discussing flights out of Indy. We are probably not going to fly out until Saturday morning for this one. DD has school and I don't know if I will be able to get the Friday off from work as I am taking the entire next week and part of the following week for the cruise.

Hey all. oh that's right, garry's not here. Oh well. Guess my horse news will have to wait..........

or not......

Boo is getting her very first shoes tomorrow. the vet has to come and tranquilize her so the farrier doesn't get killed.

dobelover said:
On the '04 holiday cruise the early and late Dis folks had the same tables/servers. I kept saying I was going to visit the late group but never got around to it. Maybe this cruise we can switch for a dinner.

Sue
Sue, can you post some pics from your 2004 Holiday Cruise? Did yall have any DIS meets? As you can probably tell, Lampy and I are not very sociable. We really have a hard time in public. So we will want to set up a few meets to get to know everybody.

W

Are we really supposed to believe that???? :rotfl2:

I imagine a few meets will definitely be in the offing. I know I'd love to get together with folks and have some fun. It will be the first cruise we have gone on where we actually "know" anyone ahead of time. We have done three others and never had anyone to hang out with. There was supposed to be a meet on the one we went on in 2004 but it was scheduled during the sailaway party and because of the rain it never happened. :(

Willie, Welcome!

How often are you told you look just like Scotty from Star Trek??? Or is it just in your pictures?

Trust me, if this cruise is anything like the 04 one, we'll have several get-togethers! I'm all for a repeat of the ornament exchange, BTW!

We have late sitting, and we already linked with our table partners from the last 10-night. They were the BEST dinner partners, so we're ecstatic they're sailing again and we can have dinners together again.

<crawling back under my rock>

Willie - I just got a digital camera and still have no web site. So no pix from me, sorry. I will ask some folks from the '04 to post for me. Anything specific you are wantin' to see?

Hi Dee. What time are you getting to the port on 2/4? We aren't in any hurry to leave since we only have about 1 hour to the auto train terminal.

Sue

KatHuss said:
Ron, we are from Muncie. I think we had this conversation earlier when discussing flights out of Indy. We are probably not going to fly out until Saturday morning for this one. DD has school and I don't know if I will be able to get the Friday off from work as I am taking the entire next week and part of the following week for the cruise.

Ahhhhh yes, I remember now....over 2800 posts and have forgot some posts but there are many more I'd like to forget! :rotfl2:

WMILLER86 said:
Sue, can you post some pics from your 2004 Holiday Cruise? Did yall have any DIS meets? As you can probably tell, Lampy and I are not very sociable. We really have a hard time in public. So we will want to set up a few meets to get to know everybody.

W

Willie and I being "non-socialable"! LOL

f141bb17.jpg

dee47 said:
Willie, Welcome!

How often are you told you look just like Scotty from Star Trek??? Or is it just in your pictures?

Trust me, if this cruise is anything like the 04 one, we'll have several get-togethers! I'm all for a repeat of the ornament exchange, BTW!

We have late sitting, and we already linked with our table partners from the last 10-night. They were the BEST dinner partners, so we're ecstatic they're sailing again and we can have dinners together again.

<crawling back under my rock>

If you guys were the "best" you don't want to be around this bunch....food fights, multible bottles of wine, cases of beer, double dinner orders.....it got ugly! :rotfl2:

DSC05529.jpg

Ha ha!! Yea right--Willie and Lampy not sociable!! :confused3 :confused3 The Dis Meets on the '04 and '05 Thanksgiving Magic cruises were great!! We are looking forward to more adventures on the '06 10 day Magic!!

Lisa and Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter