12/16/06 10-day holiday cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garry picked the right time to be in Florida, that's for sure. I think I could use some of that tropical warmth right now!!!!!!! We are buried under snow and wrapped in cold this morning!! DDs school was cancelled last night so she is off today, lucky her. Actually, I had already taken the afternoon off so I can get my Christmas shopping done and I still plan on doing that. And tonight is Narnia! What a day it will be.

So who else got hit by this mess? I bet you did, didn't you Ron?

Walkin' in a winter wonderland.......

Not too bad here in Central Md. It started out at 6am with 4" of snow. Then we got sleet and it is down to 2.5".

Sue

We're getting the storm now. Started about 5:30am, but not going to get hit with the worst (1-2 inches/hour) 'till about noon. Since I'm going skiing for Christmas vacation this year I hope it snows every day....JUST NO RAIN..makes the skiing just too crunchy :goodvibes

I looked at the maps this morning. Looks like it was hitting eastern PA, NJ and New England this morning.

MaryAnn, hope it doesn't get too bad there. It was practically whiteout here when I left work last night. DH drove me to work this morning. Our road was the worst, drifted in places. Most of the main roads were already clear though. All the area schools cancelled this morning, though, so DH is home this morning as his morning class got cancelled when they cancelled the city schools.

I should be ok this afternoon when I go out to finish my shopping. Hopefully I can get the rest of it done and not have to worry about it. Then cookie baking tomorrow morning. And tree decorating. I got most of the inside decorations up the other day but haven't gotten the tree up yet. My goal for tomorrow is to do that and get my baking done.

Well, back to work.......

hey this is GreGg, GaRry's DS he's in sunny warm FL. right now :cool1: . he told me to do this.

so hi from him in FL.

GreGg

dee47 said:
Willie, Welcome!

How often are you told you look just like Scotty from Star Trek??? Or is it just in your pictures?

<crawling back under my rock>

Hmmmm? The guy who played Scotty on Star Trek was James Doohan?(sp) He was 5'7" tall and 85 years old when he passed away last July.

scotty.jpg

Willie Miller is six foot, three inches tall, weighs 260 on "light" days, age 47 and is the biggest "hick redneck" that the State of Texas has ever produced. (And proud of it!)

Are you saying that I look like a dead 85 year old Scottsman? If so, I guess I had better change my signature pic soon!

WilLiE

No, I'm saying your face looks a lot like Jimmy Doohan's face when he was in his 50s.

For all of you Christmas 06 cruisers who were not on the Turkey Day cruise - you are lucky to have to have some of the Turkey Day cruisers sailing with you!!! They were all very nice, and alot of fun!!!! There were a couple trouble makers in the group, and I see that they did rebook for your cruise, but you'll be able to figure out which ones they are long before you sail!!! Okay, so there really was only one trouble maker.... :rotfl:

cody'smom said:
For all of you Christmas 06 cruisers who were not on the Turkey Day cruise - you are lucky to have to have some of the Turkey Day cruisers sailing with you!!! They were all very nice, and alot of fun!!!! There were a couple trouble makers in the group, and I see that they did rebook for your cruise, but you'll be able to figure out which ones they are long before you sail!!! Okay, so there really was only one trouble maker.... :rotfl:

Trouble maker? Pam, Pam, Pam. Why are you saying only one. You know Lampy will be P.O.'ed if you don't include him! He wants to be included in everything. Especially the TrOuBle!

Dubbya

dee47 said:
No, I'm saying your face looks a lot like Jimmy Doohan's face when he was in his 50s.

Hey at least you did not say I look like Worf.

But you could have said Capt KirK!

Beam yerself up Scotty!

Dubbya

Now that you mention it.. I totally forgot about you, the quiet troublemaker... I was trying to give Lampy all the credit!!!! pam

cody'smom said:
Now that you mention it.. I totally forgot about you, the quiet troublemaker... I was trying to give Lampy all the credit!!!! pam

Now......do theres two guys look like trouble makers......... :rotfl2:

Hey...I talked to gaRry just now...he was driving back from Port Canaveral. He went down to watch the Magic sail off....took some pictures, and wished he was on her!!

I wish I was on the Magic right now too! We got a bit more snow last night and the forecast this morning says possibility of freezing rain and/or snow this morning. And a chance of another snowstorm on Wednesday!!! Brrrrrrrrrr.

Saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean trailer when we went to see Narnia Friday night! Looks like lots of fun but not out until July of next year.

Got my tree up and decorated last night. It looks so pretty. Now if I can keep the cats from sleeping under the tree. I spent quite a while defurring the skirt before I could put it out. At least they don't try to climb it or knock ornaments down!

DD had a slumber party last night. I have five 8 and 9 year old girls in my living room being giggly right now. They are still so cute at that age! I need to go make breakfast soon then off to the grocery store and then to start my Christmas cookie baking.

Later.....

hey all. sorry i've been "missing" lately. Been getting Boo ready to go off to professional training with a top reiner. I have some really funny pictures of Boo to upload to my gallery. Will let you know when they are uploaded.

Kat...I usually have a group of 5-7 15 year old cheerleaders...still giggly at 15, and still a lot of fun to listen to. Amazing how much I learn by eavesdropping!

jEn...how is Boo doing now? Better?

Heading to Target for about the 4th time this week. I wish everyone would let me know what they ran out of BEFORE I make the 1st trip of the week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter