12/19 Wonder Anyone coming???

Go have fun!! Wish I was leaving now. See you all on the 19th at 3:00
The night before we leave, the kitchen will have been cleaned and we are all going out to eat. Vacation will start once I get off work. Pick up my son from school. Then we have to drive and take the ferry to Seattle to spend the night before we fly out the next morning.
All of our counters are under 10 days. I am soooo excited!!!! :jumping4:
I still have to start to pack. I always put that off until the last minute.
Erik

WDWCrazzyCunninghams said:
Oh! I have a question! It says on the papers for the Bahama Immigration...number of nights. Is it concidered all 4 nights or only 3? And what would the day of arrival be? Is it the 19th or the 20th? And...sorry...it says Type of accomodation...is it private boat or other? Thanks for helping me with this. I always thought these would be easy to fill out, now I am not so sure!
Michele

Hi Michele, this is Deb's husband. I have been the one filling these things out, and the form has always been the same except this time! Before, what is now section 1 was the whole form. The ship doesn't stay in port overnight and heads out to sea at both Nassau and Castaway Cay. I don't know if it stays within the territorial boundaries during that time or not. So even though I have filled the previous version of this many times, I'm not sure what they want on this new section 2. I'm going to call and see if I can get an answer from Disney. Once I find out, I or Deb will let you know. Jim

THANK YOU!! So, the arrival day is the 20th..the day in Nassau. It's one nights stay...what about the Type of Accomodation? Is it other or private boat. I concider private boat someone's personal yacht. I think I am just about ready!! Michele :wave:

WDWCrazzyCunninghams said:
THANK YOU!! So, the arrival day is the 20th..the day in Nassau. It's one nights stay...what about the Type of Accomodation? Is it other or private boat. I concider private boat someone's personal yacht. I think I am just about ready!! Michele :wave:

I didn't ask about that, I was just going to put "other" since it didn't list a cruise ship. I consider a private boat one that someone uses for personal use. I think 'other' should be fine since it doesn't list cruise ship.

Thanks again! I hope I can sleep tonight! Who am I kidding? I have NEVER had problems sleeping! :faint: I think it's starting to feel real now! If I don't get to post again, I'll see you all next Sunday! Safe travels everyone!
Michele ºOº

We are packed and ready to go! Steve and I are going to grab some lunch and then pick up the boys from school. Tonight we are going to SC, Tomorrow to Daytona Beach, Sunday we'll be in THE WORLD!! See you next weekend! Michele :wave:

We still have 1 week to go! We leave a week from today!

Hope you have a great trip! See you on the ship!

DJ

Now, just need to get the packing in order... I bought a few new things yesterday. I like to bring some brand new for a trip!

We'll be sunning on the deck a week from today! YEAH!!!!!

d

One week we will all be on the boat,
I have 4 more nights at home then we start our trip. So many things to do, so little time to do them. Packing for a family of 5 is a challange. Last minutes trips to the store, summer clothes no longer fit kids, DW :love: wont let me wear old shirts so I have to get new ones, need to make sure we have everything we will need for a two week trip. At least we have a washer and dryer at our Disney resort.
I have not started to fill out my Docs yet. Between school programs, scouts, work, overtime, this time of year is hard to find extra time to pack.
Once Thursday is here we will be on our way. I have reconfirmed all my hotels, rental car, and airline tickets reservations.
Good news my DD16 is finaly getting excited, she can't plan out more than a week and this trip was over a year out at one time. So now that it is THIS WEEK that we are going she is showing more excitement. :cloud9:
See you all in a week from today. 3:00 , I will be at the port early maybe around 10:30.
Erik

We have been packing today. BOY! It is sure easier to pack for a 4 night cruise than a 7 night cruise. I am so glad they don't have formal nights on the 4 day cruises.

I didn't buy new things, we will have a lot of what we had on our Sept. cruise.

We did buy the girls some digital cameras at Walmart. The 'stick' kind (they were $18). We went ahead and gave them the cameras today so they could practice taking pictures today and this week before we head out.

Well my dryer just buzzed! That is my 4th load of laundry today and I still have 2 more to go!

Don't forget sunscreen! I almost did because it isn't something we think of this time of the year.

DJ

I have been doing quite a bit of laundry today too. I can't believe how much there is to do the next couple of days. We have had 3 Christmas parties, 2 basketball games, and 1 birthday party this weekend. I can't believe it is here. It looks like the coolest day will be our day of arrival on Wednesday.

DJ: Do they have towels available on Castaway Cay? I don't want to have to pack those.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and being in some warmer weather.

Denise

Hi all! Just wanted to let you know we made it safe and sound! It's a bit chilly here! On Tuesday, during MVMCP, we will be wearing fleece and hats! I am hoping it will warm up soon! Have to pack for MGM for tomorrow! Safe travels to all! Michele :wave:

nice to hear from you Michele. We are planning for the chilly weather, or summer like weather for here.
Packing is such a chore, so many thing to do and now so little time to get ready. My kids are now looking forward to going. since it is only 4 nights before we leave they now are getting excited. I am now at the point of worring that we will forget something. These boards have been a great help in packing and things to take.
I filled out all my docs today and I put in 0 nights for our stay in the Bahamas, since we leave at 11pm I figure we are only staying one day and not spending the night. I am sure they will correct any mistakes at the port when we check in. I have all the passports and the docs are all filled out. Now it is only the rest of the packing to get ready for the trip. :jumping4:

nisiemouse said:
DJ: Do they have towels available on Castaway Cay? I don't want to have to pack those.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and being in some warmer weather.

Denise

Yes, they hand out the towels just as you get off of the ship at Castaway Cay. When you return to the ship they have large hampers to put the towels in. There are rinse off showers there right before you get on the ship to rinse off the sand, so I wait until we use those to hand in our towels.

I am ready for some warmer weather too! I hope I survive this week, we have a lot to take care of before we leave on Friday.

DJ (BTW, my real name is Debra, I just use DJ on the boards for short)

Michele: Glad you made it there safely. We will be at MVMCP Thursday and are packing fleece also.

Debra: Thanks for the info on the towels.

Erik: I am packing today too. It looks like you are leaving the day after us.

See everyone soon,
Denise

Hello all,

I wish I could go today, yesterday I sat with my DS5 and we looked at the website with the Disney wonder in dock, we watched it sail away and we said one week that would be us. The camera reset about every 5 minutes, at 4:57 you could see it pulling away and at 5:03 you saw it's back half as it sailed away. Josh had a big smile on his face as I asked where he was going to be next week.

See you all on the 19th, so many things to do so little time to do them. Band concert tonight, work party and scout party tomorrow, another work party on Wednesday. Then leave on Thursday. Plus all the overtime they want me to work and of course this in not a quite week.

Erik :cool1:

It looks like it might rain on the day we are at Castaway Cay but the next day, our Day at Sea it is supposed to be sunny. Do you think they would flip days so we could be at Castaway Cay on a sunny day?

I'm not sure if they would do that or not. Up until my last cruise, we had always been able to go to CC and had beautiful weather.

It is still pretty far out, so it is hard to tell what the weather will be like next week.

I hope we have a good day at CC since we missed it on our last cruise. I just can't believe we would miss it twice in a row!

DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter