• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

2007 Thread

maxiesmom said:
I actually just e-mailed my TA to make me a ressie! October 14-19 at POR. That resort is so beautiful.

We will be there the week after you!!! Have you stayed at POR before? My DH doesn't feel the Disney magic :sad2: like my kids and I do, so we may go on our own next time. We are thinking of taking an extended fall break vacation the 23-28th of October. We stayed at ASMo last time, but I really want to try a moderate. ASMo was just fine, and that is where my DS6 would love to stay again, but I think a moderate would be so much fun with the entertainment and beautiful grounds!

Hello all!

I am happy happy happy to see this thread! My wait is horrifically long, as we are planning a trip for September 2007. We went for our first time in 2004, and I hav been dying to get back, and now I WILL BE! WAHOO!

Our last trip we planned in about 3 months time. Having a whole year to save and plan is good and bad. Good because we can really save up the money, and we can really take our time planning out our trip details. Bad because I tend to obsess (like many of us here) over my Disney planning, and it will be a long year of dreaming and aching to go!

I was going first in December and I already began to buy clothes (I live in Puerto Rico) and planning everything but my dear told me last week " no can do" because it's better to wait a little bit more and save some more money. So I was very dissapointed but then told me that we would be going for Valentine's Day :love: . So I'm planning again where we'll be staying; for what we were going to pay in December for a 2 star we can stay in Feb. in a 3 star or a resort, so I guess it's better in terms of money, but anyway I was dissapointed not to spend New Years Eve with Mickey. I have my hopes back again :woohoo:

we will be at ASM in september 2007

Have a nice day and remember the magic.

First trip was June '04 (heat, frustration, dehydration, crowds..LOVE IT!), stayed at the VWL. Unable to pull off ANYTHING I planned except actual presence in the parks. :sad2: Oh, and my wife thought I was losing my mind in the lead up because I spent all of my time on the DIS.

THIS time, June 22 - 29th (C'mon, SWEAT! You know you love it!). BIL is in the US Air Force and we are all staying at SoG. Our kids, DD-7 and DS-4, will be perfect ages for such proximity to MK. OK, and so will I.

Yesterday, my wife and I spent the majority of the day talking about the trip. Turns out, not only do I have Disney OCD, I'm also a carrier. :thumbsup2

Booked at POP for June 1-10 for a bunch of High School Girl Scouts. Can't wait to make our ADR's and book air and then just sit back and wait for school to be out!!! :banana: :love:

Going April 28 - May 6, 2007. :woohoo: Going to stay on site at one of the value resorts. This will be our first time on site. Were are considering staying at POP. Should we consider staying at any of the other values. We have two teenage girls with us ages 15 and 17. Thanks.

Aubie881 said:
Going April 28 - May 6, 2007. :woohoo: Going to stay on site at one of the value resorts. This will be our first time on site. Were are considering staying at POP. Should we consider staying at any of the other values. We have two teenage girls with us ages 15 and 17. Thanks.

With girls that age, I think you should upgrade to at least a moderate. There is more to do if you start to get on each others nerves. Is shopping a big thing for them? Both Port Orleans resorts have a boat that will take you from the resort straight to Downtown Disney. And if they like to swim the pools are much nicer. I would give the edge to POR at this, the pool at POFQ is geared more towards smaller children.

We will be at POR June 2007. This will be our first time staying onsite. It will also likely be our last family vacation together as our oldest daughter is in college and beginning to do "her own thing". It is becoming harder and harder to plan time together. We are looking forward to our much needed time together as a family and making memories to last a life time!

Magical Vacations to Everyone! :wave:

June 2-16. Have always gone the week before memorial day. Are crowds going to be insane?

I had the next trip planned during my last trip this August! :teeth:

We will be at WDW 8/21-8/31. Only thing to figure out is where to stay.
BC was sooooooooo great that I am afraid to try anything else but we had planned to try every resort....I am looking at BC, GF, BWI, AKL, or Poly. (we did the Poly in 2002 but we were all sick & couldn't enjoy the resort so it doesn't count! :lmao: )

And 2007 is not that far away! :rolleyes1

Thanks for the info. Shopping is not a big issue, we did that last trip to WDW. This trip just looking to stay on site and not worry about having to travel around for shopping and eating, etc. Will consider POR.

Harvest02 said:
We will be there the week after you!!! Have you stayed at POR before? My DH doesn't feel the Disney magic :sad2: like my kids and I do, so we may go on our own next time. We are thinking of taking an extended fall break vacation the 23-28th of October. We stayed at ASMo last time, but I really want to try a moderate. ASMo was just fine, and that is where my DS6 would love to stay again, but I think a moderate would be so much fun with the entertainment and beautiful grounds!

I have stayed their twice before, and I am excited about going back. To me it is such a beautiful, peaceful resort. But there is plenty going on if you need some action too. We are spliting a stay this year between the Poly and the BCVs. But I am still excited about my POR stay next year! :goodvibes
Does that make me crazy?

luv2crash said:
June 2-16. Have always gone the week before memorial day. Are crowds going to be insane?

DD15 gets out of school on 5/30. Ill be at the ASMO 5/31 - 6/8 :yay: I dont think it will be the absolute worst crowds of the summer just yet :crazy: However... 1 year I was there for Labor Day Weekend, and walked on to many many attractions :confused3

OK now that POR has been suggested I mentioned it to the rest of my family and they like the idea of going to a moderate instead of value. They like POR but are now wondering about CBR. Is one any better than the other. Any advantages to staying at one over the other. Any help on this matter would be very helpfull. Thanks again.

DH and I are planning our summer 2007 trip, probably staying at ASMusic or Movies, still working on that detail. Probably end of July or first of August. I know that it will be hot, but with school and DH work, that's the only "good" time for us to go. I am so excited because this will be the first time for my daughters (6 and almost 4). They are both so excited. My DH was also a "Disney Virgin" until he won a free trip to WDW from his work. How cool was that!!!!! We did not take the girls then because we felt they were too young and not really ready. So DH and I took a second honeymoon courtesy of The Home Depot. So we did the "Big Kid" stuff. DH is not hooked. He is not fanatic like me but he cannot wait to go back. I would love to see other DISser's there....working on getting our lime green stuff!!!! :thumbsup2

We are going May 3 - 10,2007. Can't wait. We are staying at POFQ for the first time. My DSIL is going in 20 days and we are sooooo jeolus. :worship:

We'll be there March 16-23, probably staying at BWV. Because of peak season, we'll probably be renting some DVC points. :thumbsup2 UNLESS of course, WDW comes up with some great discounts ! ! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter