2013 Point Chart Changes

The problem is that I have 5 in my family and staying at the Disneyland Hotel or even Paradise Pier offers sleeping arrangements for 5 -- I noticed that the studio only allows for 4 people but the one bedroom villas offer for 5 people. I'm still short too many points during summer time when kids are out of school. I also notice on page 35 of the new book that "maximum room occupancy is 4 or 5 depending on the resort and room category" so not even sure what they are going to allow at DL Hotel or Paradise Pier.

I stayed at DLH in August (not DVC). Our room had 2 queens and a daybed, so room for 5. We faced the pool.

FYI. 2013 charts are now available...:rolleyes1

Looks like they fiddled some with the Theme Park view at BLT but mostly what I see is a HUGE adjustment to the Treehouses - WOW....guess people really took to them being at a 2 bedroom price point...no more now tho!! :scared1: BIG changes there!! OH, and the cruises have gone way up too. :sad2: They never were a great value but even worse now.

I didn't see that one coming. Too bad we never got to try them out first. Otherwise not so many changes this time...

Looks like they fiddled some with the Theme Park view at BLT but mostly what I see is a HUGE adjustment to the Treehouses - WOW....guess people really took to them being at a 2 bedroom price point...no more now tho!! :scared1: BIG changes there!!

I didn't see that one coming. Too bad we never got to try them out first. Otherwise not so many changes this time...

I was relieved to find nothing had changed in anything I had planned for the next couple years. Hoping there are no other adjustments for a couple years, but for now, my meager supply of points will still work for us.

Looks like they fiddled some with the Theme Park view at BLT but mostly what I see is a HUGE adjustment to the Treehouses - WOW....guess people really took to them being at a 2 bedroom price point...no more now tho!! :scared1: BIG changes there!! OH, and the cruises have gone way up too. :sad2: They never were a great value but even worse now.

My thoughts exactly...

I wonder if the demand for THV will dry up with the increase. I got one at 7 months off a wait list.

I guess the have no intentions of fiddling with low seasons, which does make lots of us happy!:goodvibes

I quickly checked AKV, OKW and BWV, and it doesn't look like anything there changed.

I think the issue with the THV are the # of bedrooms, so it's really something between a regular 2 BR and a GV.

I'm so glad we booked a tree house for this year. It was an extravagance this year there is no way I'd do the points they are asking for next year.

What funny is we were going to do both next Jan. We were going to get a treeshouse villa for my family and my parents and during the middle of the stay my wife and I were going to leave our daughter with them and take a 3 night cruise. Since it was only 55 points each. Now its 75 points each. Well it sounded good for a bit. Not so much now.

We were "saving" the treehouses for a trip we thought we might take with extended family one day or for a time where we had a car with us. At least they're still less than the GV's. We just wouldn't be able to stay as long.:sad2:

They really didn't dicker around with a whole lot of other stuff too much....most resorts had no changes that I noticed (at least for studios).

I wonder if the demand for THV will dry up with the increase. I got one at 7 months off a wait list.

I guess the have no intentions of fiddling with low seasons, which does make lots of us happy!:goodvibes

I really do think they will. They were a hidden gem for people that needed 3 rooms but couldn't afford a GV. They really weren't that hard to get. We had one booked last Oct but plans fell through. I got it just a few month out.

Something is not right. I see point increase for many different seasons and room types @ BLT, but there is no single decrease for anything at all on that chart. How can that be? :confused3

Something is not right. I see point increase for many different seasons and room types @ BLT, but there is no single decrease for anything at all on that chart. How can that be? :confused3

Ten villas are being reduced from Theme Park view points to Standard View points. That's the decrease.

We were "saving" the treehouses for a trip we thought we might take with extended family one day or for a time where we had a car with us. At least they're still less than the GV's. We just wouldn't be able to stay as long.:sad2:

They really didn't dicker around with a whole lot of other stuff too much....most resorts had no changes that I noticed (at least for studios).

Yeah it was my plan to try out the treehouses with extended family in 2012, but then FIL decided we should move the trip to 2013. Now I don't think we can afford to stay there anymore. :headache:

Actually I think THV are still less points than a 2 BR lake view at BLT.

I think most 2 BR are cheaper than a 2 BR lake view at BLT.

I'm glad we already stayed at a THV. HOWEVER, 6 nights in a THV is about the same as 6 nights in an AKV 2 BR savanna view. That's usually my means of comparison for our big family trips.

Here's an e-mail I just received about the changes:

Disney Vacation Club® is pleased to announce that 2013 Vacation Point Charts are now available online to help spark your imagination as you dream up next year's vacations.

As you plan your travels, please note that Disney Vacation Club has adjusted the 2013 Vacation Point Charts for Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort and Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.

The adjustments to the Bay Lake Tower chart stem from a scheduled reassignment of 10 rooms from Theme Park View to Standard View effective Jan. 1, 2013. This shift is based on Member and Guest feedback, and is designed to better reflect the rooms' views. At Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, the Vacation Points required for Treehouse Villas are increasing based on high Member demand.

Increases and decreases within these two Resorts' charts keep the total number of Vacation Points for each Resort unchanged.

Printed charts will appear in a supplement to the annual Vacation Planner Reservation Tools book, scheduled to begin mailing early this spring. In the meantime, you may view the charts online at DVCMember.com. Simply click on the "View Vacation Points Charts" link in the "Plan My Vacation" section of the website.

Also remember that the new Disney Vacation Club Resort online booking tool is scheduled to debut on DVCMember.com on Jan. 19, further enhancing the magic of Membership!

Actually I think THV are still less points than a 2 BR lake view at BLT.

I think the big advantage with the Treehouses is that there are 3 separate bedrooms plus the living room so there's 1 extra private sleeping area.

And anything would be less points than anything at BLT.:rotfl:

Perhaps the silver lining in the upward adjustment for the THV is the decrease for the 2 bedrooms.

I thought the cost for 2-bedrooms at SSR was too high relative to the other resorts' 2-bedrooms. Seems right to me that the THV cost more than the 2-bedrrooms and less than the GV.

We bought a small contract at Saratoga for the distinct purpose of having 11 month access to the treehouse villas... and well - now that contract is pretty much useless to us! :guilty:

We had access to the THV's for 3 seasons with bank, use, borrow - but now we can't even use that contract for 11 month access in Adventure season!!!! BOO!

I can't believe how much they changed the THV's - I can see making an adjustment, but I think the changes are on the excessive side. Have they ever changed one category that much from one year to the next?
I can totally understand the changes at BLT - they were charging for rooms that really weren't theme park view.

But with THV - I'm curious as to their motivations.
Were the utility costs more than anticipated?
Is the repair more costly than anticipated?
Were too many 2BR units sitting empty?
Did Grand Villas bookings go down considerably?
Was it the cost of extra busing?
Are there not enough of them to be profit neutral?

Very curios - and somewhat upset - BUT - that's the way the point chart crumbles :sad2:

I guess we'll have to figure out what to do with those points now - since we would have to do a split stay, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world - oh well - back to the drawing board :rolleyes:

We own enough points already and REALLY don't need to add on right now, especially at Saratoga! LOL

We would have been better off buying a small contract at Old Key West!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter