2015 Pin Code Watch

iheartwalt

Mouseketeer
Eagerly awaiting 2015 pin codes... anyone else?
We are going 1/28-2/8 and have gotten a free dining pin the last four years, hoping the magic continues to this trip as well. Got a new pin code yesterday and it got my hopes up... but it was for 2014 :(

I've been waiting for years to get one, and in the last month, I've received 2! Of course, like you, I'm planning 2015 and they were both for 2014. Grrr. Now I'm sure I'll never see another one.

Do you normally get these after you book your trip or before? We went this past July and we have booked this coming July as well but not as part of a bounce back offer or anything.

Do people seem to get them that go every year or a few times a year, etc?

From what I can tell there is no rhyme or reason to it. Some people get them for whatever reason. I have been pricing out different trips on their website, so maybe that triggered mine, but if that were the case you'd think they'd know I'm not looking at 2014. I think it's just magic. :)

Do you normally get these after you book your trip or before? We went this past July and we have booked this coming July as well but not as part of a bounce back offer or anything.

Do people seem to get them that go every year or a few times a year, etc?

Anyone with an account on any Disney owned site (such as ESPN) is eligible to receive one, and at any time. They are random as far as anyone can tell. The best place to follow the current discount info is the discount codes and rates forum. This forum is more for Disney's yearly promotions, like the current "Show us your Disney side" theme for 2014.

Anyone with an account on any Disney owned site (such as ESPN) is eligible to receive one, and at any time. They are random as far as anyone can tell. The best place to follow the current discount info is the discount codes and rates forum. This forum is more for Disney's yearly promotions, like the current "Show us your Disney side" theme for 2014.

Is the Discount codes and rates forum on the Disboards? I couldn't find it anywhere. I would like to follow that.

I'm on the watch for FD Pin Code for February, so I'm following along here to see if anyone gets one.

Sorry if this is explained somewhere (I looked quickly), but what is a pin code?

Got a pin for the Stay, Play & Dine package as well.. waiting for more.

I wouldn't count on something more/better. The word on the Dos boards is that S/P/D and RO rooms are sold out for multiple categories at some of the resorts. If that's' true, they won't need to offer FD to fill rooms.

We did too! SPD or RO thru May. Hopin', watchin' & prayin' for something to come out for November :thumbsup2

Us too. Want to do one last big trip to see the Christmas stuff before some family members get too fragile to go anymore. I'm actually hoping for RO because the dining plan doesn't work well for us.

I wouldn't count on something more/better. The word on the Dos boards is that S/P/D and RO rooms are sold out for multiple categories at some of the resorts. If that's' true, they won't need to offer FD to fill rooms.

I agree, according to the historical discount data, SPD was first offered 10/3/13 for dates 1/5/14-3/5/14. The only other options offered during that time frame was RO discounts 5%-35% for dates 1/5-4/12/14 then extended thru 6/15 but only up to 30%. (however, my daughter did get a FD PIN in Oct 2012 for FD thru 1/31/2013). Looks like the last time they offered FD during the months of January-March was in 2012 (unless it was through a PIN CODE). In 2012 they also trialed/offered several different discounts January-March, FD, RO & buy 3 nights/days and get 1 more night/day free. Starting in 2013 FD was when September- EOY (with black outs) became the FD months. But then again anything can change year to year ::yes::
Here is the link to the Historical data:
http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

And you are soooo right, if rooms are booking up (with or without a promo) Disney has no reason to offer any other discounts :worried:

Us too. Want to do one last big trip to see the Christmas stuff before some family members get too fragile to go anymore. I'm actually hoping for RO because the dining plan doesn't work well for us.

If it were just DH & I going and staying at a moderate/deluxe, the RO would be MUCH better but in November we will be going with my DD, DSnL, DGD14 and DGS17 for his Sr trip staying at POP, so we are really hoping for FD since it will save us TONS and the 10% RD at the POP doesn't help much at all:rotfl:

Received a pin code last week- RO discount up to 35%, stays 1/5-3/15 and 4/9-5/31/15. Was able to book CSR at 30% off. Woo-hoo!

I've only received the SPD pin a few weeks back.. luckily, I have a cast member friend who helped give us a better deal.. BUT, I'm eagerly waiting for another pin to magically appear for 2015 :)

Received a pin code last week- RO discount up to 35%, stays 1/5-3/15 and 4/9-5/31/15. Was able to book CSR at 30% off. Woo-hoo!

My DH got this one in the mail today. Not sure we'll use it since we're going in three weeks, but this is our first PIN in about 10 years, so it's encouraging!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter