2020 runDisney Virtual Summer Series

It just sucks that the theme park virtual and villains wine and dine probably/possibly be cancelled I really hope those themes carry over into 2021
What makes you think the Virtual Races and Wine & Dine will be cancelled? I see no reason to cancel virtual races and have seen nothing cancelled even close to November.

What makes you think the Virtual Races and Wine & Dine will be cancelled? I see no reason to cancel virtual races and have seen nothing cancelled even close to November.
Virtual races cause the company is in a holding pattern at present
Wine & Dine as I don’t know where funds will be allocated once things resume
I’m just saying I wouldn’t be shocked it the next RD event is marathon 2021

Agree. We've had a 5k right before St Patrick's Day and a half marathon next month that went to virtual races instead of cancelling. There are restrictions in place and they're reminding people to run six feet apart, but the virtual events are happening.

I live in Berlin and the city is already talking about cancelling the Berlin Marathon in September of this year. I love Disney (obviously) but to cancel the Berlin Marathon, I mean... it's iconic. It's a really, REALLY big deal. If that happens I doubt Wine & Dine would continue as planned...

There are so many uncertainties right now... It may come to a stage where people will be discouraged/prevented from even running outside during a lock down, making even a virtual race implausible. Things are changing so much day to day that I imagine RD will only run the virtual races if things look like they are improving, and social distancing is no longer happening.

Yay, DisBoards has a runDisney section! I really like the theme this year! Jazzed for teacups and Space Mountain, could do without haunted mansion though.

I see registration has been pushed back, so I will just keep up with this thread about the virtual run series.

In the past, how fast does registration sell out? I know the Princess Marathon sells out pretty quick.

Yay, DisBoards has a runDisney section! I really like the theme this year! Jazzed for teacups and Space Mountain, could do without haunted mansion though.

I see registration has been pushed back, so I will just keep up with this thread about the virtual run series.

In the past, how fast does registration sell out? I know the Princess Marathon sells out pretty quick.
Last year the virtual 5K series for Marvel sold out entirely, but it did take a couple of months. Unlike prior years all races and the challenge sold out. In contrast, the 2018 virtual 5K races lasted well into the summer if they sold out at all. I remember registering my nephew for one of them as a birthday gift in late July.

Usually the virtual races don't sell out quickly. Obviously may be different now with the pent up demand and theme but you should be fine.
Pent up demand is the wild card here. The virtual Star Wars Half Marathons never sold out in the past, but this year it sold out albeit more than week after they officially announced the cancellation of Rival Run weekend.

Pent up demand is the wild card here. The virtual Star Wars Half Marathons never sold out in the past, but this year it sold out albeit more than week after they officially announced the cancellation of Rival Run weekend.
Yeah which sort of has me surprised that they aren't trying to move forward with the Summer Series because people would pay now and it would give Disney some sort of cash flow albeit small.

Ha! You’ve obviously never been around one of the bigger Facebook groups as a virtual event winds down. The “why haven’t I gotten my medal yet?” post fly fast, hard and vitriolic!

I’m dead. Lol. :rotfl2:

So spot on lol and especially at “vitriolic”.

I also wonder as there are lots of virtual runs still going on. I was looking forward to them!!!

Yeah which sort of has me surprised that they aren't trying to move forward with the Summer Series because people would pay now and it would give Disney some sort of cash flow albeit small.
I'm thinking either medals were not produced (they only showed stock previews and not full on medal previews) and/or that they are are just trying to free up the phone lines for all the cancellations/re bookings going on

I'm thinking either medals were not produced (they only showed stock previews and not full on medal previews) and/or that they are are just trying to free up the phone lines for all the cancellations/re bookings going on
True, I think they could work around the medal issue. Many other races have moved to virtual options in the midst of this. Obviously Disney is larger than most and there may be delays but I think they could figure that piece out.

Probably a stupid question, but never done a Disney Virtual race.

If you sign up for the challenge, how does it work? You basically just run 3 separate 5k's within the time frame and submit your times online?

Probably a stupid question, but never done a Disney Virtual race.

If you sign up for the challenge, how does it work? You basically just run 3 separate 5k's within the time frame and submit your times online?
You don’t even need to submit any time.

As an essential employee kind of pissed that they gave a days notice as with the parks closed and spring, summer and probably fall races canceled I’m sure medals will be sold out by the time my shift ends later in the day

As an essential employee kind of pissed that they gave a days notice as with the parks closed and spring, summer and probably fall races canceled I’m sure medals will be sold out by the time my shift ends later in the day
You can go use your cell phone to register on a bathroom break if you are that afraid.

- Fellow Essential Employee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter