A May 2010 PTR: I Got A Job....Let's Go See Mickey!*Update 4/15!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

2 months!!!!!

Thanks for dancing with me! :dance3:

I don't know if you're a member of this site or not, but I thought these camera bags were really cute. I'm not sure if they're big enough to hold a SLR, though. I'm trying to find a manufacturer's website to find out.

http://www.scrapbooksteals.com/index.php

Nope, it doesn't look like they're big enough for SLRs. They make a satchel that's big enough, but it's not on the scrapbook steals website. Darn.

Thanks for that link! I follow babysteals.com, but didn't know they did the same for scrapbook supplies! That stinks that the bag that was actually big enough wasn't available, though.

Happy Easter!!

:flower3::sunny::daisy::butterfly:flower1:
Thanks!! :goodvibes

Finally catching up Julia.
Great job with the pictures. You are going to have a blast shooting around at WDW. :)

And I think you did a great trade for All Stars Sports. Our original plan was to stay over there and I am sure your kids will have a blast. Use the exyta money to do something special during your trip. :thumbsup2

Have a great week!

Q

Hi Queila!! Good to see you over here! :goodvibes I am having so much fun with the camera. I can't WAIT to get to WDW with it!! I'm still debating on what to do with the money we saved by switching to Sports. :rolleyes1

New VB and PAID IN FULL!!!

First things first - OUR DISNEY TRIP IS PAID IN FULL!!!! :banana::cool1::cheer2::dance3:

I love that feeling when I make the last payment and see the zero balance. It's like there is now nothing standing between me and the Mouse! :goodvibes :woohoo:

Now onto other business. Last week, DH had to go to Raleigh for a business trip. We have family about an hour from there that we had been planning to visit soon, so we decided to make a mini-family-vacation out of it! I plan to do a mini-TR, but I want to finish typing it in Word and get all the pics edited and uploaded before I start it so that I don't fall behind (like I did on a certain other TR... :rolleyes1 ;)). But I couldn't wait until after the TR to show you what arrived while we were gone!

FIL had gotten the box off our porch so our big dogs didn't destroy it. I picked it up from his house on Thursday and couldn't wait to put the kids down for their naps so that I could open it!! This was my first VB purchase (my other bags were gifts) and I was so excited to see this:
Vera.jpg

And in that beautiful box were two gorgeous pink and green bags. :lovestruc
VeraPackage.jpg

One was a Mailbag.
Mailbag.jpg

And the other was a Mini Hipster.
Minihipster.jpg

I haven't had a chance to use the Mailbag yet, but I took the MH to Dollywood with me last Friday and LOVED it!! It was the perfect size for what I needed to carry - my season pass, debit card, drivers license, Chapstick, and cell phone. Very glad I made the purchase!
:thumbsup2

Next

NO balance!!! Awesome!!!!

That is a great feeling isn't it?

I know nothing about VB bags and I don't pretend to. ;)

New VB and PAID IN FULL!!!

First things first - OUR DISNEY TRIP IS PAID IN FULL!!!! :banana::cool1::cheer2::dance3:

This was my first VB purchase (my other bags were gifts) and I was so excited to see this:

VeraPackage.jpg

One was a Mailbag.
Mailbag.jpg

And the other was a Mini Hipster.
Minihipster.jpg

I haven't had a chance to use the Mailbag yet, but I took the MH to Dollywood with me last Friday and LOVED it!! It was the perfect size for what I needed to carry - my season pass, debit card, drivers license, Chapstick, and cell phone. Very glad I made the purchase!
[/SIZE]
:thumbsup2

:banana::banana:Whoo Hoo on a zero balance!! That's a great feeling!:banana::banana:

And :cool1::cool1: for VB!:cool1::cool1:

Pinwheel Pink is one of my very favorite prints. I just melt over the pink and green! My laptop bag is Pinwheel Pink, and I also have a small duffel that I used as my hospital bag when I delivered Ella. I just think that pink and green is so preppy and feminine!

I use my MH as my "theme park bag." I first used it at Dollywood, then took it to WDW. You're right; it is just perfect to carry those essentials.

We didn't get Dollywood season passes this year, but we're still thinking about getting some. Even if we don't go often enough to get season tickets, I bet we'll go at least once. If we do, I'll let you know, and maybe we can meet for a ride or two. We spend 98% of our time in that County Fair section, since those are the rides that Caroline can ride. We typically try to get there as soon as they open and leave right after lunchtime so the girls can nap on the way home.

I really want to get season passes this year for two reasons:
1) This is the last year we won't have to pay for Caroline. Might as well take advantage of that while we can!
2) I think the rides and shows will be a good test drive for Disney. I don't want to get there and have Caroline freak out on rides. I really doubt she would, but I still think getting her used to riding amusement park rides is a good idea.
I think my reasons are good ones, but DH is still resisting the idea. He says that Dollywood always makes for such a long and exhausting day (it does), and he just doesn't want to do it. I considered just getting tix for me and the girls, but I don't think I'm brave enough to tackle the girls in a theme park by myself quite yet! My FIL has season tix and offered to come meet me anytime I wanted to, so I may take him up on that. We'll see.

Well, there's my Dollywood speech in the middle of a Disney thread! :lmao: Back to the zero balance and VB dance!:banana::banana::cool1::cool1::banana::banana:

:yay::yay::yay:YAY for a zero balance. :woohoo: I have to take care of that for my own trip today.

Love the VB, Julia. The Pinwheel Pink is such a pretty pattern. :thumbsup2

Well, Julia, I see you have caught the Vera Flu... it is running rampant on this board!! :rotfl2:

They are very pretty, though, so who can blame you?

Congrats on Zero Balance!!! :woohoo:

Kathy

:cool1: for being paid in full!!!! Less than two months until you go!!! party:

I really think there needs to be a VB addicts thread here on DIS--probably is one! :lmao: I do love the print you have chosen though. I like that pattern and one of the blue ones.

i was behind! i had no idea you had switched to All Star Sports (i typed the abbreviation and then quickly decided against that one:lmao:)

DH has been wanting to go to Dollywood, but i've been hesitant. But i had no idea under 4 was free! for both parks? Is it under for or 4 and under? is there much the baby can ride? what else do you like to do in the area? feel free to pm me so i don't hijack your ptr if you want:)

by the way, loved the party outfit!

I'm a big fan of the Pinwheel Pink pattern. Your bags look great Julia!

Big Congrats on having the trip paid in full!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

NO balance!!! Awesome!!!!

That is a great feeling isn't it?

Yes, it IS!!! :dance3:

I know nothing about VB bags and I don't pretend to. ;)

:rotfl: I might be a little worried if you did. :eek:
:banana::banana:Whoo Hoo on a zero balance!! That's a great feeling!:banana::banana:

And :cool1::cool1: for VB!:cool1::cool1:

:dance3::banana: :cool1:

Pinwheel Pink is one of my very favorite prints. I just melt over the pink and green! My laptop bag is Pinwheel Pink, and I also have a small duffel that I used as my hospital bag when I delivered Ella. I just think that pink and green is so preppy and feminine!

I wish they still had that pattern for the laptop bags! I can't seem to decide on any of the ones available. :sad2:

I use my MH as my "theme park bag." I first used it at Dollywood, then took it to WDW. You're right; it is just perfect to carry those essentials.

We didn't get Dollywood season passes this year, but we're still thinking about getting some. Even if we don't go often enough to get season tickets, I bet we'll go at least once. If we do, I'll let you know, and maybe we can meet for a ride or two. We spend 98% of our time in that County Fair section, since those are the rides that Caroline can ride. We typically try to get there as soon as they open and leave right after lunchtime so the girls can nap on the way home.

I really want to get season passes this year for two reasons:
1) This is the last year we won't have to pay for Caroline. Might as well take advantage of that while we can!
2) I think the rides and shows will be a good test drive for Disney. I don't want to get there and have Caroline freak out on rides. I really doubt she would, but I still think getting her used to riding amusement park rides is a good idea.
I think my reasons are good ones, but DH is still resisting the idea. He says that Dollywood always makes for such a long and exhausting day (it does), and he just doesn't want to do it. I considered just getting tix for me and the girls, but I don't think I'm brave enough to tackle the girls in a theme park by myself quite yet! My FIL has season tix and offered to come meet me anytime I wanted to, so I may take him up on that. We'll see.

Well, there's my Dollywood speech in the middle of a Disney thread! :lmao: Back to the zero balance and VB dance!:banana::banana::cool1::cool1::banana::banana:

You will definitely have to let me know if/when you guys come to Dollywood! We spend a lot of time in the County Fair section, too. Also in the Dreamland Forest section where the pop-up jets and treehouses are. Dakoda loves that area. We do the same thing about getting there at park open (I keep wanting to call it rope drop :rotfl:) and leaving around lunchtime. My DH had similar doubts about getting season passes. Now that we have paid for them though, he sucks it up b/c he wants to get his money's worth. :lmao: If you do decide to get them, they are still doing pre-season pricing until April 25. :thumbsup2

:yay::yay::yay:YAY for a zero balance. :woohoo: I have to take care of that for my own trip today.

Love the VB, Julia. The Pinwheel Pink is such a pretty pattern. :thumbsup2

Thanks! I wasn't crazy about it in pictures, but IRL it's just :love:.

Well, Julia, I see you have caught the Vera Flu... it is running rampant on this board!! :rotfl2:

They are very pretty, though, so who can blame you?

Congrats on Zero Balance!!! :woohoo:

Kathy

:lmao: It is definitely catching. Almost more contagious than (and as dangerous as) the swine flu! :rotfl:

:cool1: for being paid in full!!!! Less than two months until you go!!! party:

I really think there needs to be a VB addicts thread here on DIS--probably is one! :lmao: I do love the print you have chosen though. I like that pattern and one of the blue ones.

I know - I love being able to say that I'm going to Disney World NEXT MONTH!!! :banana:

:lmao: There probably is a VB addict thread somewhere...or if not, there definitely should be!

I love that VB bag!! So cute!!

Thanks! :goodvibes

i was behind! i had no idea you had switched to All Star Sports (i typed the abbreviation and then quickly decided against that one:lmao:)

:rotfl2: I can never remember the acceptable abbreviation, so I always have to type it out.

DH has been wanting to go to Dollywood, but i've been hesitant. But i had no idea under 4 was free! for both parks? Is it under for or 4 and under? is there much the baby can ride? what else do you like to do in the area? feel free to pm me so i don't hijack your ptr if you want:)

by the way, loved the party outfit!

Thanks! :goodvibes

I think once the kids turn 4 you have to pay for their ticket. There is actually quite a bit for the little ones to do! There is a section called the Country Fair that has several rides for small ones, plus at least two play areas that I know of for little ones (one with pop-up fountains and one with a wading pool). I'm planning a Dollywood post soon, so check back here within the next week or so (or feel free to PM me). ;)

I'm a big fan of the Pinwheel Pink pattern. Your bags look great Julia!

Big Congrats on having the trip paid in full!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

Thanks! I am still dancing! :cool1:

I :lovestruc that pattern! Wish it wasn't discontinued.

Hi Julia! I just read through all of your posts. Where to start?

Which mall did you go to in Knoxville? I may have to go to the Alumni Hall store. I haven't ventured into that store in awhile.

We LOVE Splash Country. We usually spend our Springs, Falls, and Winters at Dollywood and our Summers at Splash Country. We've already been to Dollywood twice. It's such a fun time!

I can totally relate to the resort switching! I think we switched ours 5 times in a month. DH couldn't make up his mind. We've stayed at ASMo before and enjoyed it. I'm sure you'll have a great time at AS Sport.

Looks like you've got a great plan! Can't wait to read more!

The official DIS abbreviation is AS Sport. ;)

It will save you a few letters of typing. :rotfl:

:rotfl: Thanks Tim! :thumbsup2

Hi Julia! I just read through all of your posts. Where to start?

Which mall did you go to in Knoxville? I may have to go to the Alumni Hall store. I haven't ventured into that store in awhile.

We LOVE Splash Country. We usually spend our Springs, Falls, and Winters at Dollywood and our Summers at Splash Country. We've already been to Dollywood twice. It's such a fun time!

I can totally relate to the resort switching! I think we switched ours 5 times in a month. DH couldn't make up his mind. We've stayed at ASMo before and enjoyed it. I'm sure you'll have a great time at AS Sport.

Looks like you've got a great plan! Can't wait to read more!

Hi!!

I always go to West Town. My SIL used to work for KPD and was based at Knox Center...let's just say that it's a rough area!! :rotfl: DH has forbidden me to ever go there alone. Plus West Town is closer to us. :thumbsup2 Alumni Hall is one of those stores (like The Disney Store :rolleyes1) that I just have to go into if I pass it. I rarely make a purchase, but I love to browse there.

We've already been to Dollywood twice this year, too! Before this year, I hadn't been in almost 10 years! :scared1: We are really enjoying it so far. I cannot wait until Splash Country opens up!

I am a resort-change-aholic. :rolleyes1

Today is my 1 year DIS-anniversary!!

It's hard to believe that it's been a year since I discovered the DIS. It's funny how it has become such a big part of my everyday life. In addition to the wealth of information that I've found here, I have also "met" so many wonderful people and made some great friends. :hug: In short -- :disrocks:

To celebrate my anniversary, I decided to look back and see what my very first post said. I figured that it would be some "newbie" question over on the Codes and Rates board (because that's where I remember lurking the most at first), but surprisingly enough, it was from a thread on the Budget Board entitled: "Flat Iron Help?"

Another vote for Chi here! :) I've tried other brands, but Chi works the best for me and is totally worth the $100 I paid for it.

After lurking for 3 days, I guess I thought my opinion on flat irons was important enough to warrant a post. :rotfl:

So now, dear readers, won't you celebrate with me? What was YOUR first DIS post???
popcorn::

Next

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Cute idea!

Here's my first post. As you can see I had a lot of questions. :)

We are staying at Fort Wilderness Jan 9-17, 2009. This is our first trip to Disney World and we haven't a clue what we are doing.

From what I understand, we can take a boat from FW to the Magic Kingdom but how do we get to the other 3 parks? By bus? Driving is not an option becuase we have a motor home and we are not towing our car.

If I make a dinner reservation at another resort, how do we get there? Can we go to the Magic Kingdom and them ride the monorail?

Does the boat go anywhere besides the Magic Kingdom?

Is the Fort Wilderness Lodge close by? Can we get there by boat?

How do we get to Down Town Disney?

I appreciate any help!:)

I joined in 2003, but didn't start really posting until my DCL cruise in 2005. The system doesn't go back that far since I have over 15k posts...

Happy 1 year anniversary.

I joined in 2003, but didn't start really posting until my DCL cruise in 2005. The system doesn't go back that far since I have over 15k posts...

Happy 1 year anniversary.

can you just post your oldest quote then... we'd love to see what it is..

time to go find mine!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter