Anyone else concerned about the crowd increase?

Is 11/14 to 11/22 probably ok? The week before Thanksgiving I would think is an ok time to go but these reports are concerning to say the least. The Columbus Day week I would think would be bad. Times today don't seem THAT bad.
I was there this past week, and it was extremely busy. I'm okay with that, because I don't really care that much about rides at this point, just more enjoy being there, but I did leave Epcot early two nights because the locals came in and packed the house.

Sorry to tell you, we are very far from getting back to normal. If you look at the Covid cases on the rise you would understand the reality. What news are you listening to? Thankfully WDW is being more responsible than the rest of FL and is still requiring masks and limiting capacity.

As for the post we are going in November - we have agreed if the parks are too crazy we will retreat to our resort and maybe try to go back later in the day. I have frequently seen reports that the parks are busier earlier in the day, but the afternoons do provide a little lightening of the crowds. We shall see.
This is definitely not the case with Epcot. It is MUCH more busy at 4:00 p.m. and after.

Not sure if this is the proper forum but I thought I would ask. Has anyone done the covid testing at Maingate for going back home? I am thinking of doing this on our trip And if so, did you have to make an appointment as I could do that before I even leave home. Thanks for the info. I am most likely going on my trip but just want to follow my state's rules and I can test up to 72 hours before coming back. If negative then I don't have to quarantine. I plan on quarantining until I have another test a week after getting home but I would like to be able to tell them I tested negative before entering the state too.

Not sure if this is the proper forum but I thought I would ask. Has anyone done the covid testing at Maingate for going back home? I am thinking of doing this on our trip And if so, did you have to make an appointment as I could do that before I even leave home. Thanks for the info. I am most likely going on my trip but just want to follow my state's rules and I can test up to 72 hours before coming back. If negative then I don't have to quarantine. I plan on quarantining until I have another test a week after getting home but I would like to be able to tell them I tested negative before entering the state too.

I would post your own thread so that it gets seen better. This is probably the correct forum.

First day is in the books. We got on every ride except Muppets and Lighting McQueen and lunch at 50’s prime. We waited in line for 79 minutes for Smugglers run and 50 minutes for Mickey and Minnie RR. Slinky Dog we waited 40 minutes. For anyone hesitate about coming because of lines I would say they are spaced out very well and I never felt unsafe. One thing that some people don’t seem to get is there is a reason why some marks of where to stand are way further then 6ft and that because they want a complete 6ft radius around you. If you come you will stand in line but it’s very doable.

But weren’t the parks open longer? When almost every ride has a 30-60 minute wait & the park is only open 10 hours, that’s not the same.

When we took the kids in the '92 MK was open until 7p, HS (MGM) was open until 6p and Epcot was open until 9p. When we returned in '94 MK was open til 9p, HS was 7p and Epcot was still 9p. In '97 we went during Spring Break and the MK was open til 10p, HS was still 7p and Epcot still 9p. I don't think we had FP's until '01.

To those wondering about my reactions, since it is apparently a hot topic

If coming to Disney simply boils down to mask compliance, maybe Disney is not the place for you right now. It should not hinge on a piece of material.

To those wondering about my reactions, since it is apparently a hot topic

If coming to Disney simply boils down to mask compliance, maybe Disney is not the place for you right now. It should not hinge on a piece of material.

While I do somewhat agree with your point, why not just keep scrolling, then? The laugh react is rude and snarky, unless the poster was intending to make a joke.

Day 1 at the World and we are at HS today. We left the Swan at 8:30 and got to HS at 8:45 and there was a line of about 40 people. Once they opened up the security lines around 9:05 we where through and to our first ride and on the ride at 9:15. I felt very safe and everyone is following the rules. So far so good in my opinion. We have done 4 rides by 10:10 and have boarding group 8. So glad we didn’t let the fear get to us.
Wow that’s great! Could you please share your first 4 ride itinerary? Sound like you made amazing timing!

Wow that’s great! Could you please share your first 4 ride itinerary? Sound like you made amazing timing!
No problem at all. We did in this order:

Rock and Roll Coaster
Tower of Terror
Midway Mania - after we got off waited at Toy Story Land for 10 mins and got boarding group 8 for Rise
Alien Saucer

first 3 rides was done before official park opening.

Day 2 was AK day. We arrived at parking lot at 6:45 and they let us in at 7 and right into the park. We rode Flight of Passage and Navi River before park opening at 8. I will say AK is difficult with the Mask. I did feel like it was harder to breath. I did see some people not being able to follow the signs on the ground and we not social distancing in line. I wonder sometimes if it could be a language barrier? Other then that on the rides I felt very safe. For those of you like me who like some elbow room I will say the parks are great and rides are even better with space. Imagine going on to a ride with your very own row or even your very own vehicle and that’s disney right now. It completely explains the wait times due to the limited number of people allowed to get on. I will take waiting longer in line to have my own space. Yesterday we waited 80 minutes for smugglers run but had the entire ship to ourself and got to pick anywhere to sit. That’s a game changer for me because unless I get to be a pilot I hate that ride. It’s 12:30 and we are back to our room and rode every ride at AK except Rapids and Bugs life. We are done for the day at AK. The only thing that will prevent me to come back soon is not being able to Park Hop. We are people who like to go early morning to one park and then go to room rest for a few hours and then hit a different park at night. Other then that we are having a great trip

Didn't the CEO recently say they haven't and don't intend to increase capacity until the CDC loosens their guidelines?
Comes down to definition of capacity IMO. All parks very proprietary about attendance numbers

is it The same whatever max capacity for each park every day?

or is it a Number derived Via a calculation on the anticipated number of guests per day thing? (As in weekday the middle of January vs a major holiday
It is really only HS that is full all of the days - except for a few times (Halloween) that it may also be Magic Kingdom. I think HS is the biggest draw right now with ROR being so new before the shut down. Now that people can go, I think it will book almost every day soon. My opinion only.
1st few weeks of Oct were slammed re reservations in all parks

Epcot & MK seem popular on weekends

Limited number of people on Disney transportation. I loved this. I know it's not sustainable once the capacity restrictions are lifted, but not being crammed in like sardines on the busses and monorails was a treat.
We had rental car but the lines for buses at resorts seemed quite long
The park felt so crowded. I kept thinking this is what 25% feels like
All the popular rides had waits about hour long.. a few went over the hour mark.
But 25% of what? Their most crowded days in parks? the Latter is my take on it based upon crowds we encountered early oct Except MK, Crowds not dis-similar to prior years, same week.

granted, people not jammed up throughout the whole parks. It’s E-tix attractions and the usual bottlenecks on pathways That seem worse to me but could be from my personal, heightened sense of social distancing

Hi. We will be at Epcot on a Wednesday in two weeks. We are six adults and I am the planner for all (three couples).

I plan on getting to Epcot an hour prior to opening if possible.

What should we do first when we get in?
Soarin or Test Track?
Frozen isnt on our Radar, they dont know it exists, one has boys in their 20s and the other couple doesnt have children.

I plan on TT, Soarin, The Land and Spaceship Earth. Then countries for drinking and eating and the American Dream is a must do.

Thank you.

Hi. We will be at Epcot on a Wednesday in two weeks. We are six adults and I am the planner for all (three couples).

I plan on getting to Epcot an hour prior to opening if possible.

What should we do first when we get in?
Soarin or Test Track?
Frozen isnt on our Radar, they dont know it exists, one has boys in their 20s and the other couple doesnt have children.

I plan on TT, Soarin, The Land and Spaceship Earth. Then countries for drinking and eating and the American Dream is a must do.

Thank you.

This morning we drove to EPCOT. At the tollbooth by 9:55am. They started letting cars in about 10:06 or so. We were in the park and off of Soarin' by 10:50. When I checked the app at 11:18am, Soarin' was listed at 20 minutes, Test Track was listed at 105 minutes, Frozen 75 minutes and Spaceship Earth at 35 minutes if that helps. I am not sure I believe Soarin' was really 20 minutes but that is what it was listed at. In fact at 5:57pm it is still listed at 20 minutes. My questions is, does that wait include the line of people just waiting to get in the Land pavilion? They were holding people outside this morning as it got more crowded inside which caused congestion at the bottom of the escalators.

Living with the Land said it was a 15 minute wait at noon, but I was on in 6 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter