ANZACs in November/December 2013... register here!

Hi Franrose
Have you been to the tomorrow land dessert party before?
Is it any good?

We went in Sept 2011 Dean, and really enjoyed it - lovely food, we were seated right near the edge of the balcony, it was a great spot for photos of family against the lit-up backdrop. We watched all the projections on the castle while we had dessert, from memory we could see parts of the electrical parade. We had a great view of Tinkerbell flying in! I can't remember whether we stood to watch, or sat at our table... I just remember that crowds were not an issue, I only have memories of my family standing around me as we enjoyed the fireworks, which were breathtaking. Even though there would have been all the other party goers lol! There just didn't seem to be that many people in terms of crowding.

Lovely desserts. Delicious!

This year, I have booked to see regular Wishes at the dessert party and we'll watch Holiday Wishes from the Californian Grill, rather than attending a party. I can't wait to see the two perspectives again!

We went in Sept 2011 Dean, and really enjoyed it - lovely food, we were seated right near the edge of the balcony, it was a great spot for photos of family against the lit-up backdrop. We watched all the projections on the castle while we had dessert, from memory we could see parts of the electrical parade. We had a great view of Tinkerbell flying in! I can't remember whether we stood to watch, or sat at our table... I just remember that crowds were not an issue, I only have memories of my family standing around me as we enjoyed the fireworks, which were breathtaking. Even though there would have been all the other party goers lol! There just didn't seem to be that many people in terms of crowding. Lovely desserts. Delicious! This year, I have booked to see regular Wishes at the dessert party and we'll watch Holiday Wishes from the Californian Grill, rather than attending a party. I can't wait to see the two perspectives again!

Thanks Franrose

Just tried to book for the 11th December when we are in the MK
We do have an ADR for the California Grill on 18th December to see wishes
May just gave to fight the crowds on the night ( & get an early position to watch)
We are doing the MVMCP on our last night the 19th :)

The 11th is the night we are doing :)

Are you looking for 2? If so and it's something you want to do, book for three online (make the third a child), then ring and drop one. You do need to pay in advance when you make the booking but they'll refund the third person to your CC. Alternatively just make the booking by phone, apparently they accommodate more tables of 2 that way (but the book for three/drop one is easy and will hold you a table in the meantime).

Hi Franrose,

On BOG just PM me a date and time and we can logon together and time the change over.

I am feeling a lot more comfortable on the dining options now without DDP.

I took my DW to V&A on out last trip in 2010 and was possibly the best meal I ever had. We dined in the Queen Victoria room with a 10 course meal. The food and service was fantastic, I am sure you will have a great time.

Passports are pretty quick. Just remember when everyone is signing including witnesses they stay inside the lines otherwise you get to start over again. Also with the new E-Passports they are very fussy over the photos. No glasses hair pulled back off your face (try getting a teenager to do that).:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2

Biggest issue we will have now is our limited ability to book fastpass+ reservations until we get our Premier Passport at DL. As we only have a 2 day ticket to get free dining not sure how many fastpass+ reservations we will be able to book. I guess I will find out in a few days. :confused3:confused3:confused3

I think you can link your DL Annual passes to your magic Bands, we just connected our WDW AP's and we were allowed to book up to 7 days worth of Fastpasses for our upcoming trip, anymore and you do have to call Disney to clear it :)

Shannon

How did everyone's FP+ bookings go? Were you able to make them at 60 days pre-arrival?

Hi Shushh:)

It's been a while since I have been on the boards:upsidedow

Can I ask which DCL Fantasty cruise you are doing? I have just booked our first cruise for next year (7 night Eastern Caribbean). Will you be doing your TR on your blog? I can't wait to follow along:cheer2:

I think you can link your DL Annual passes to your magic Bands, we just connected our WDW AP's and we were allowed to book up to 7 days worth of Fastpasses for our upcoming trip, anymore and you do have to call Disney to clear it :)

Shannon

Hi Shannon

Did you have your AP's to be able to book FP+ reservations? As we have Premier Passports for some reason Disney will not send them out you have to pick them up at Guest Services at one of the parks. So I have no reference or antyhing to quote as its part of our DL reservations.

I raised this with TA and she advised that we couldn't link FP+ until we picked up our Premire Passports.

Is there another way to do it?

We hit the 60 day mark today and MDE is still saying we are outside the booking period. I will try again tomorrow.

What is the latest check in dates that Magic Bands can be customised? We check in December 4th at YC and still nothing.

Also a big thank you to :worship:Franrose :worship:for allowing us to use her BOG reservation. We sucessfully trnasferred her reservation over this week.

We check in Dec 2, but no MB or FP+ yet (although I've done online check in). It doesn't surprise or worry me at all, from what I can tell 99% of December people haven't had anything yet, and the odd one or two that have been able to customise have reported their MBs disappearing after they've done it.

I suspect that when they've tied up all the loose ends with testing, they'll block release the different My Magic capabilities for December guests.

DizOz, I plan to get one Premier Pass (purely for discounts - it's still significantly cheaper to do 2x 10 day passes [1 x WDW & 1 x DL] for us as next year's holiday is unlikely to be at Disney - I want a TiW card though), but I will do it as an upgrade so have a 10 day park hopper for WDW at the moment. Hopefully it will be easy enough to add a PremP to a MB (I've heard varying reports of success) but to be honest, I don't mind if I just end up using a RFID card since the MB won't work at DL.

Hi Shannon

Did you have your AP's to be able to book FP+ reservations? As we have Premier Passports for some reason Disney will not send them out you have to pick them up at Guest Services at one of the parks. So I have no reference or antyhing to quote as its part of our DL reservations.

I raised this with TA and she advised that we couldn't link FP+ until we picked up our Premire Passports.

Is there another way to do it?

We hit the 60 day mark today and MDE is still saying we are outside the booking period. I will try again tomorrow.

What is the latest check in dates that Magic Bands can be customised? We check in December 4th at YC and still nothing.

Also a big thank you to :worship:Franrose :worship:for allowing us to use her BOG reservation. We sucessfully trnasferred her reservation over this week.

We payed for our WDW Ap's online and they gave us a ticket confirmation number and we just copied that code, and then you have to go into your account and I think add tickets onto account, and just copied that code. Once you have linked the tickets to your account your magic bands should come up, you need to be able to customise them by one month from when you arrive and check in to your resort, otherwise you will just get the basic grey colour.

After you have customised your bands, you will be able to book FP+ times I think :confused3 I can't remember exactly.

Hope this helps Diz :goodvibes

Shannon

WickedDreamer said:
We payed for our WDW Ap's online and they gave us a ticket confirmation number and we just copied that code, and then you have to go into your account and I think add tickets onto account, and just copied that code. Once you have linked the tickets to your account your magic bands should come up, you need to be able to customise them by one month from when you arrive and check in to your resort, otherwise you will just get the basic grey colour.

After you have customised your bands, you will be able to book FP+ times I think :confused3 I can't remember exactly.

Shannon

WDW APs you can buy online, but Premier Passes (both WDW and DL) can only be bought in person at a couple of places in both resorts. It's not possible to buy them online (bummer!).

WDW APs you can buy online, but Premier Passes (both WDW and DL) can only be bought in person at a couple of places in both resorts. It's not possible to buy them online (bummer!).

What the premier pass do Franrose?
I just ordered 5 day magic your way park hoppers from undercover tourist
We are picking up our tickets for the MVMCP at the gate on 19th December

Dean1972 said:
What the premier pass do Franrose?
I just ordered 5 day magic your way park hoppers from undercover tourist
We are picking up our tickets for the MVMCP at the gate on 19th December

The Premier Pass is an annual pass Dean, but it's good for both WDW and DL so if you are going to both in one trip (or know you'll do both within a year) it's good for that. If you are doing fairly short trips, park hoppers are still the best value (especially if you have free dining), but APs do get some dining discounts so having one or more PPs could be good for that. For our party of four doing 13 days at WDW and 6 at DL, one PP could be cost effective if we use it for maximum discounts so we'll give it a go, we need to save US$334 to break even (or $434 with a TiW card) but I've done some sums and I think we will. The other three people in our family will have park hoppers as they will be hundreds of dollars cheaper.

Do any Anzacs want a Crystal Palace booking for 8.20am, Thursday 12 December? For 4. This is one of our favourite character experiences (with Winnie the Pooh & friends). The park has an extra magic hour this morning but you will be able to get in before 8am and wander up main street, and Touringplans predicts it will be a very quiet day in the park (1.1). Let me know, if nobody here wants it I'll offer at the December cancelled thread. :)

ETA: I also have an Akershus dinner for four (6.45pm), both for the 8th of December.

Shannon

Thanks Shannon,

Unfortuantely as Franrose has said for some reason the Premier Passport you can only obtain it onsite, so we do not have any reference number. Oh well just have to wait.

oh sorry!! I'm sure once you buy your pass though you will be able to get most of your FP+ selections!! Disney are probably keeping some back for cases like this :)

Shannon

I can't believe we're finally at the business end of doing things!! 55 days for us.

I'm up to that point where I'm getting a display folder to keep the paper work in. I have accumulated a lot!

I booked tickets to see the Endeavor Space Shuttle this morning. There are tickets for only two days we're in the area, so I'm glad I looked now. DH would be so so so disappointed if he missed that one!

I ordered my headphones and travel adapter on Friday. Yippee. Because they are over $300 I can get some tax back on the way out - it changed from 60 to 30 days in April, and $300 minimum purchase at one store now.

My 60 days at DL is this week sometime, I think we're only doing one or two planned sit downs, including one for WOC fast passes.

kylieh said:
I ordered my headphones and travel adapter on Friday. Yippee. Because they are over $300 I can get some tax back on the way out - it changed from 60 to 30 days in April, and $300 minimum purchase at one store now.

I wasn't aware of the change, thanks for pointing that out! I was thinking of buying a tablet before going, but still have 33 days to go, so might wait until next weekend. And need to get an adapter, too.

Trying not to think about money at the moment - got home from work on Friday to find one of my car windows smashed :( looks like an accident rather than an attempted theft, but still...no note / apology / offer to pay for the damage from whoever did it. So $350 and a day off work tomorrow so I can have it repaired...well, I guess I can use the rest of my time tomorrow organising for the trip. I've printed out all the booking confirmations, next on the list is a few Google maps to and from train stations and airports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter