Ashley and Dave's PJ! 1/20/09 SBP/St.James/Morroco-The Flower Girl Dress!! Pics!

PhilHarMaestro

Mouseketeer
Well, I guess since I have been harassing you all with questions it’s time to start a PJ of my own…you know so that I can harass you with more questions. :rotfl: So here goes.
My name is Ashley and I’m a music teacher and my DF is Dave he works in the family business. Looking quite cute while he does it if I do say so myself!!
Daveyworking.jpg

How we met:
I was a senior in high school, coming out of a weird/bad relationship and he was 20 and very shy. We met on a blind date, which I did not know we were on and I was pretty mean to Dave, because he seriously said two words for the whole date and I was completely clueless as to why he wanted my number at the end of the night, but I gave in and gave it to him. He proceeded to chase me while I tried my best to get rid of him for about a year. :moped: Needless to say, he won (as he still usually does). :) That was 6 ½ years ago! We now have house near both of our works and have a wonderful, sweet, adorable little girl who we love. Her name is Sadie and she’s a bit hairy but we sure love her. She’s a german-shepard/border collie mix. And she’s not very smart. But we love her anyways. pluto: I really wanted to have her come to the wedding, but DF said No. But that’s probably for the best because she pees everywhere! :mad:
The proposal:
Not very romantic but very reminiscent of us. We went to Disney in December ’08. I knew it was coming, but he had been hinting that he was going to do it for about 8 months (very mean!) He told me I would be getting a sparkly round gift on our trip…gee I wonder what it could be. We were there for 5 days and we did the most romantic, but awkward things the whole time!! Private boat ride…silent and sweating DF:confused3 . 3 Romantic Dinners…silent and sweating DF:confused3 . Awkward random stops in the parks…silent and sweating DF:confused3 . Last night: Romantic Lunch-Wonderful Dinner at Jiko-Private Carriage ride at WL…you guessed it, silent and sweating DF:confused3 !!! Then FINALLY, on our balcony overlooking the savanna just before I was ready to go to sleep, because we had an early morning flight he asked! :love: Needless to say I wasn’t shocked but ecstatic!! It was perfect for us, because, aside from this board which I’ve become addicted to…we keep to ourselves a lot!
Coming next wedding details…

So…we decided to wait until my senior year of college of to get married::yes:: , and then to wait until I graduated.. :( then to wait until I got teaching job…:worried: then to wait until I got a permanent job…then to wait until my sister’s wedding was over…:furious: then enough was enough and I promptly told my brother he would have to wait until mine was over to get married. Between the proposal and the engagement are you seeing a trend here? :laughing: Right away We decided it would be a Disney Wedding (much to my mother’s dismay) and booked the Wedding Pavilion…then today, we decide to change it to see Sea breeze Point (again with the trend ;) ).

:banana: So it’s official Sea Breeze Point on January 20th at 2:30. SuperYeah!! :banana:

Here’s a quick run down of what we know.

WC: Kathleen-so far so good we’ve only had her for about 12 hours and already she’s made several changes and suggestions. Has anyone had Kathleen was she as great as she seems like she’s going to be?

Photography: DPS-requested Paul Looper won’t know for a while yet, but we’re keeping our fingers crossed.

Hair and Make-Up: I’m going to do my own make-up and maybe use Model in a Bottle, I saw that LurkyLoo used it, does anyone know is it sticky or anything? As for hair I’m not sure…I’m kind of picky, but won’t be doing a run through so I’m open to suggestions.

Officiant: Can’t decide between Tim Herring and Kevin Knox, what do you all think?:confused3

Dessert Party: Morocco

MOH: Supposed to be my sister, but she joined the army last month so she may not be there. I’m super proud of her but not doing a good job of hiding my disappointment about her more than likely absence from my big day. :worried: As a back up I have my aunt who has been a 2nd mom to me and actually raised my sister, but I really wanted my sissy!!

BM: Dave’s Best Friend Eric

Also I have a complicated Parent Situation which I’m sure I’ll need advice about later…

Colors: French Vanilla and Heather and maybe something to compliment, not sure yet

No BM dress yet because of the sister sitch, but here is my dress: It’s not white, it’s French vanilla and heather and the veil matches and all of the heather is sparkly!!!!!

Had to delete the dress pic, DF now has access!

The guys are going to buy new suits for the wedding so that we don’t have to bother with Tux Rentals.

Also as of right now our list is right at 20, but we have about 10 maybes. (Which by the way is frustrating me a lot!)

That’s about it for now. I would love any advice or input, because I’m the most indecisive person in the whole world. We’re still deciding where to have dinner, hopefully somewhere in Epcot, because DF is getting grumpy about all the moving around.

Did anyone else choose to have an escape because it was “so simple and easy” and then go off the wedding deep end as I have done!!!

Yay keep it coming!! :yay:

you started up quick! Looking at post counts I have harassed much more... :rotfl:

perhaps this means I'm obligated to soon start my own....

Yay keep it coming!! :yay:

you started up quick! Looking at post counts I have harassed much more... :rotfl:

perhaps this means I'm obligated to soon start my own....
it only seems that way because I did a lot of lurking!!! Also, I really want to have everything for the wedding done before the school year begins because I'm also starting grad school in the fall!

congrats! I am so happy for you. It would kill me to go 8 months and nothing. I think it is romantic he proposed on the balcony. I like out of the ordinary proposals.

p.s. Your dress is beautiful. I love the matching veil.

The dress is beautiful!! Congrats on finally getting engaged, and finally being able to plan your wedding!! Can't wait to hear more!

Jennifer

it only seems that way because I did a lot of lurking!!! Also, I really want to have everything for the wedding done before the school year begins because I'm also starting grad school in the fall!

Oh my goodness good for you!! You have quite the year coming up! I'm planning for grad school fall '09. AND--you're getting married 5 days after me! I will be honeymooning! :goodvibes

Where will you be staying??

Your proposal sounds exactly like mine! Only we weren'y in Disney. He waited until the last day.. but it happened!
Congratulations!
The dress is beautiful!
Have fun planning, it will be over before you even realize it has started.

I loved the "silent and sweating" parts! :rotfl: That reminds me of our trips to Disney. Mostly because he has asthma and ADD, so there's a lot of silence.

And of course, a lot of sweating! :rotfl:

Congratulations! And :welcome: to the wonderful world of keeping a journal and having all sorts of wonderful ideas and feedback coming from a couple hundred of your closest friends that you've never met! :laughing:

Seriously though, you are in good hands here. I can't believe all the amazing advice and information I've found here and nowhere else in the world. ;)

Looking forward to hearing about all your ideas and plans! :banana: You are getting married 8 days after my vow renewal. :yay:

Keener: Thanks for reading!

Ticky: Thanks for the tip. I think I'm going to call both of them tomorrow and see what the have to say....although I really have no idea what I'm going to ask! Any tips?

Jenni: Thanks! He was so nervous the whole trip...and to top it off he thought i was surprised!! HA!!:laughing: But, it lets me know how important it was to him. :love:

Jessesgirl: Thanks for following along!!

Bestla: We're staying at the AKL, how bout you?

29apr00: Thanks!!

More to Come to Tomorrow, :banana: I hope to talk to an Officiant tomorrow, book Hair (Ana, I hope), and Call Carolyn Allens. Wish me luck!!:banana:

AKL?! Jealous!! :goodvibes We'll be at OKW. We were thinking about AKL, but my parents told us with their DVC we could stay at OKW in a bigger room twice as long. What can I say, I'm greedy when it comes to Disney!! :rotfl:

Trust me if we could stay longer we would be staying somewhere less expensive. Since I've only been in my SD for 1 year, I only have 3 personal days. On the plus side, my FMIL graciously offered to pay for everything for our honeymoon!! I feel so lucky everyday to have her!!

So...today, I booked Rev. Kevin Knox for our ceremony!! Did anyone else use him what did you think? We chose him mainly because he offers so much information (planning kit with sample ceremonies, FL license documents, name change documents, and more). Also in my e-mail comunication he was fast and personable.:)
We also booked Beute Special, I only booked 5 hair, but I think I'm going to go back and add make-up. I'm pretty picky about my make-up and have never had someone do it for me. Anyone else use them? Did you look like you? :confused3
And finally I booked Carolyn Allens for dress steaming! I'm probably going to have a cape, do you think it will need steamed?:)
And finally, I went over all the details today with my mom!! She is super helpful and always has great and thoughtful imput! :woohoo: Go Mom!:woohoo: Give a shout out if your mom rocks too!!:cool1:
Well, I guess that's it for now, I'm still super excited!!!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

My mom rocks too! :cool1:

I don't know about the hair or the officiant, but i would steam your cape if it's going to be packed up like your dress... what is your cape made of?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter