August 1 Knights & Lights

So you have a little shopper too! They should get along fine! Can't wait to meet everyone. Let me know what shops Lauren comes up with! I'll let you know what else Amy decides to do! What do you know about the discount shopping card at the Hilton in Paris? Is that the VAT?

Thanks,

Cindy

So you have a little shopper too! They should get along fine! Can't wait to meet everyone. Let me know what shops Lauren comes up with! I'll let you know what else Amy decides to do! What do you know about the discount shopping card at the Hilton in Paris? Is that the VAT?

Thanks,

Cindy

I'm sure that they will..... LOL... Lauren is definitely the shopper - fashion maven....;)

I read on another report about someone staying at the Hilton - and they said to make sure you ask concierge for a discount shopping card...

I'll see if I can find the site again - wasn't on the DIS...

Virgil
pirate:

We received our package from ABD today! Starting to get close!

Virgil
pirate:

I have no idea what we will do in Paris for our free time. Got to research that some more. What are others planning for their free time?

I went on this tour last year with my 16 year old, and we went to see Moulin Rouge for our free time in Paris. Our guides arranged the tickets through the concierge at the hotel. It was great!

It is 31 days, 3 hours, 27 minutes and 41 seconds until Lauren and I start our journey to London!!!!

Virgil
pirate:

Hey Virgil,

Thanks for the website link for more ideas. Still not sure what we will do in Paris for our free time, maybe we will ask our guides when we get there. Amy has been away at camp all of June so we have not really gotten a chance to sit down and get serious about planning our free time there.

We got all our things from ABD several weeks ago, I am getting really excited. We leave Houston, TX in the late afternoon on 7/31 and arrive at Gatwick at 7:30 a.m. 8/1. Looks like we have the whole day free! When do you an Lauren arrive in London?

Hey Virgil,

Thanks for the website link for more ideas. Still not sure what we will do in Paris for our free time, maybe we will ask our guides when we get there. Amy has been away at camp all of June so we have not really gotten a chance to sit down and get serious about planning our free time there.

We got all our things from ABD several weeks ago, I am getting really excited. We leave Houston, TX in the late afternoon on 7/31 and arrive at Gatwick at 7:30 a.m. 8/1. Looks like we have the whole day free! When do you an Lauren arrive in London?

We leave Pittsburgh in the afternoon on the 31st - but the flight from Philly isn't until late that night - so we arrive 1105 on the 1st. We should be fairly well rested as Lauren and I can sleep enroute - and I was lucky enough to get us great seats for this flight.

My oldest daughter, Kristin, and her new fiance live in Clear Lake. Lauren may be visiting them soon after we return from Europe. They both work for NASA. They moved there after finishing at WVU in December - so far they like it - Kristin had been there the previous 2 summers - this is Nick's first exposure to Houston in the summer.....

Virgil
pirate:

Now that is a small world!!! Your oldest daughter living in Clear Lake! We live about 25 minutes from Clear Lake. We love to go down to that area to a little town called Kemah! Great seafood and fun atmosphere! Have you all been to Clear Lake yet to visit her? We live near the Galleria in the Memorial area. Well, we will have much to talk about.

We leave to pick up Amy from camp this weekend and I am looking forward to sitting down with her to plan our free time in Paris. We need to start looking at what we need to pack as well because we have a trip to Lake Tahoe scheduled right before this one. We will only have 2 days home before we are in route to London!

Really getting excited!!!!

Cindy

27 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy 4th of July!!! Thanks to all those serving or who have served! Special thoughts to my son Jason - stationed with the US Air Force in England!

Virgil
pirate:

26 days!!!!

I've really started planning what we're going to do on our free time. I bought the books "Top 10 London and Top 10 Paris". They have some really good ideas. Friends of ours who frequent Paris have started planning what shops Lauren needs to visit.

Virgil
pirate

24 days!!!! Where is everybody?

Virgil
pirate:

Hi Virgil!

Sorry, I've been obsessed with other things. I was waiting for the results of my final actuarial exam, and I passed! It's been a pretty nerve wracking past few weeks. I'm so happy that I can enjoy this trip knowing that I never have to go through that again! (Also, that I didn't ruin my chances of passing by thinking about this trip!)

Does anyone know anything about fees for using the ATM's in Europe? I went to my bank today, and was told that there would be no fees from my bank, but that the banks there may charge a fee. I'm thinking of the $1 or $2 fee you sometimes have to pay if you use an ATM that is not owned by your bank. This sounds too good to be true. Anyone with some experience on this? I have always just used the money exchanges at the airport, but they charge such high fees. I don't want to carry a lot of cash, and intend on using my credit card when I can, but want to have some cash on hand.

I can't believe we're getting so close! We've done some shopping for the trip. I'm still looking for a few things. I'll bet your daughter is excited about going. We're going to have such a great time. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hi Virgil!

Sorry, I've been obsessed with other things. I was waiting for the results of my final actuarial exam, and I passed! It's been a pretty nerve wracking past few weeks. I'm so happy that I can enjoy this trip knowing that I never have to go through that again! (Also, that I didn't ruin my chances of passing by thinking about this trip!)

Does anyone know anything about fees for using the ATM's in Europe? I went to my bank today, and was told that there would be no fees from my bank, but that the banks there may charge a fee. I'm thinking of the $1 or $2 fee you sometimes have to pay if you use an ATM that is not owned by your bank. This sounds too good to be true. Anyone with some experience on this? I have always just used the money exchanges at the airport, but they charge such high fees. I don't want to carry a lot of cash, and intend on using my credit card when I can, but want to have some cash on hand.

I can't believe we're getting so close! We've done some shopping for the trip. I'm still looking for a few things. I'll bet your daughter is excited about going. We're going to have such a great time. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Congratulations on passing!!! party::jumping1:

Here's some good information on using the ATM - the biggest issue is the currency conversion fee... Check with your bank about that...

http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/tips/moneytip.htm

and currency conversion fees:

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/cc/20050624b1.asp

Virgil
pirate:

23 days!!!!

Getting Lauren ready to go to camp next week...

Virgil
pirate:

Virgil,
So we are beginning to plan what clothes we are bringing for the trip. My fashion concious daughter is struggling with SHOES! I have not convinced her that comfort is key...she wants style. So what type of shoes is your daughter planning to bring? Also, she would like to take her whole closet of clothes and I am trying to convince her that she does not need to take so many clothes. I am trying to teach her the art of mixing and matching clothes that you can wear over. Anyway, let me know what your daughter is thinking about taking in the way of clothes and shoes. Due to our travel schedule the rest of this month we only have a few days to get things planned for packing because when we return from Lake Tahoe, we have 2 days before we leave for Europe! Thanks

Cindy

Cindy, HaHa - we just had this discussion last night - Lauren wanted to take 2 pairs of sneakers, 1 pair of flip flops, and 3 pair of dress shoes.... Hopefully we can knock off a pair or two of the dress shoes - I told her initially that she didn't need the dress shoes - but she said she was wanting to go out to a fancy dinner in Paris - she's looking forward to the Escargot.... Trying to get her to limit clothes is probably going to be a losing battle for me - so if it fits in her suitcase - then it will be ok.... I'm glad ABD limits us to 1 suitcase a piece......

Virgil
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter