Backstage Magic - June 2010

I'm such a sucker for "exclusive" events that incorporate Disney...with very little hesitation from either of us, Birdie and I decided to go ahead and try to get tickets for this event. As DH works 2nd shift and was home still, it was up to him to score them as soon as they were released. Happy to report, we got them :banana:!

So...from having never been at the Studios before, we'll be there twice in one week and may get the chance to meet the Disney CEO. How totally cool.

Now if only the rumor about breakfast at Club 33 possibly being included in the Backstage Magic ABD came to fruition, I couldn't ask for anything more on this vacation.

See you in a little over TWO WEEKS!

Well If you are a sucker I must be a BIGGER SUCKER for "exclusive" events!! I can't even pass by anything if it says limited addition or New! :banana:
If only to have something in club 33,I would even love it to use the bathroom and purchase something at the gift shop. I think I would pass out!

Two weeks from today I will be waiting for you to arrive in LA! Can't wait to meet eveyone on that Sunday!! I have already started to pack! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Yes, my wife and myself will be going next week on the Backstage Magic(start June 20).

See Everyone Next Sunday Afternoon!
I haven't needed a vacation as i need this one and I can't wait!:cool1:

My best friend Amystamm and her family are getting ready as well they are at Disney Star Wars weekend now!!

See Everyone Next Sunday Afternoon!
I haven't needed a vacation as i need this one and I can't wait!:cool1:

My best friend Amystamm and her family are getting ready as well they are at Disney Star Wars weekend now!!

How fun micmouse! Looking forward to meeting you and your wife next week!

I am with you on needing that vacation Roberta! Work has been crazy! It is going to be nice to get away and meet some new people! That is also pretty impressive how they are doin back to back Disney trips!

How fun micmouse! Looking forward to meeting you and your wife next week!

I am with you on needing that vacation Roberta! Work has been crazy! It is going to be nice to get away and meet some new people! That is also pretty impressive how they are doin back to back Disney trips!
It's not impressive...it's more like being completely crazy :rotfl:. We just got back from an extremely quick weekend trip--flight left to go down on Friday morning, left to come back Sunday afternoon. It was SO hot there, but we had a great time at Star Wars Weekend and loved seeing the Hyperspace Hoopla.

Just checked the extended weather forecast for Los Angeles and Anaheim--it looks absolutely perfect for next Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Hopefully every day will be a repeat (and that Birdie doesn't jinx it with 100+ temps like she did 2 years ago :rotfl2:).

We should all be at our first dinner at this time next Sunday! How cool!!!

Can't wait to hear all about your adventure when you get back. My family is taking the 8/8/10 Backstage Magic Trip. Also curious if you get reserved seating for WOC!

It's not impressive...it's more like being completely crazy :rotfl:. We just got back from an extremely quick weekend trip--flight left to go down on Friday morning, left to come back Sunday afternoon. It was SO hot there, but we had a great time at Star Wars Weekend and loved seeing the Hyperspace Hoopla.

Just checked the extended weather forecast for Los Angeles and Anaheim--it looks absolutely perfect for next Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Hopefully every day will be a repeat (and that Birdie doesn't jinx it with 100+ temps like she did 2 years ago :rotfl2:).

We should all be at our first dinner at this time next Sunday! How cool!!!

Record heat in Anaheim....I remember being at DL in 08 with record highs everyday we were there. It was still worth it to go on Toy Story when it opened. I remember everyone complaining about the heat but kept thinking it was not nearly as bad as WDW in summer.

Let's hope for a nice mild week (mid 70's). Anyone staying extra??? We are staying until Sunday (figure if we are flying all the way to LA might as well stay a couple extra days).

Hey guys - can't believe that in less than 1 week you'll be on your tour! :goodvibes I hope that you all have a fab time and please do come back and let us know all about it. Well, ok don't give away all the spoilers but would love to know if they ABD does get you guys a preferred spot for WOC. ;)

meg

Record heat in Anaheim....I remember being at DL in 08 with record highs everyday we were there. It was still worth it to go on Toy Story when it opened. I remember everyone complaining about the heat but kept thinking it was not nearly as bad as WDW in summer.

Let's hope for a nice mild week (mid 70's). Anyone staying extra??? We are staying until Sunday (figure if we are flying all the way to LA might as well stay a couple extra days).

My DH and I have an extremely hard time not turning every Disney vacation into an extravaganza, and this trip is no different. After the ABD ends we check into a one-bedroom DVC at VGC and stay there until the following Friday, July 2. In addition to trying to take recover from the whirlwind of the ABD trip, Birdie and I are going to the D23 Archives event and we're all going to Legoland for a day. (Birdie is leaving to head home on Tuesday, June 29) We've got a car rented the day we check out and are driving to Las Vegas until July 7. Obviously we've got the same frame of mind..."We'll be 3000 miles from home...might as well do as much as we can".

Hey guys - can't believe that in less than 1 week you'll be on your tour! :goodvibes I hope that you all have a fab time and please do come back and let us know all about it. Well, ok don't give away all the spoilers but would love to know if they ABD does get you guys a preferred spot for WOC. ;)

meg
You don't realize how difficult what you're asking is going to be for me, Meg. I'm all about knowing every single detail, but I'll try my dardest to keep from giving away too many spoilers :rotfl:.

My DH and I have an extremely hard time not turning every Disney vacation into an extravaganza, and this trip is no different. After the ABD ends we check into a one-bedroom DVC at VGC and stay there until the following Friday, July 2. In addition to trying to take recover from the whirlwind of the ABD trip, Birdie and I are going to the D23 Archives event and we're all going to Legoland for a day. (Birdie is leaving to head home on Tuesday, June 29) We've got a car rented the day we check out and are driving to Las Vegas until July 7. Obviously we've got the same frame of mind..."We'll be 3000 miles from home...might as well do as much as we can".

You don't realize how difficult what you're asking is going to be for me, Meg. I'm all about knowing every single detail, but I'll try my dardest to keep from giving away too many spoilers :rotfl:.

Nice to see others enjoy Disney as much as we do...I thought we are bad for staying extra days after the ABD and then staying a week at BCV in August.

See everyone in 6 days.

This person going in August wants to know all the details! Don't hold the spoilers back!!! :cool1:

We are staying one extra night and leaving Saturday late afternoon. I couldn't head all the way out there and not try Napa Rose! Plus, I think after the whirlwind of this vacation, a nice leisurely day and a half will be good!

My bf is not a huge Disney guy like me, but he is VERY excited for this trip - I just might be slightly more so ;)

Can't wait to meet everyone in person!

I've have only been to Disney once and I had a blast! Your going less than a week which I know is very exciting! Have fun!:-)

We leave Los Angeles Friday but are taking a flight to San Francisco and staying until Monday night. We wanted to take advantage of being on the West Coast. My wife and I have been there and want to show a little of it to our daughter. See you Sunday!

[QUOTE
You don't realize how difficult what you're asking is going to be for me, Meg. I'm all about knowing every single detail, but I'll try my dardest to keep from giving away too many spoilers :rotfl:.[/QUOTE]

LOL - well, I'd be lying if I said I haven't read every word of every trip report that I've been able to find. :rolleyes1 OK - don't edit anything of my behalf - I mean who am I kidding, I'll waiting like crazy to read all about your trip. Which sounds amazing by the way with all the add-ons.

My mom and I will be arriving 1 day early in LA and staying 1 extra night in Disneyland following our tour. We are then flying to Vegas for 4 nights. I so can't wait for this trip.

meg

Everyone all packed and ready to go??? The weather pattern continues to look fabulous--mid 70s and no chance of rain.

Can't wait to meet everyone Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter